• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tracking Tax Deductions for SS Bonus & Prize Incentives

I just enter the PP income for the year, and then print out a 1099 for my taxes. Then, I enter the SS Bonus in the income portion of PP, too. That way you can print one report for your taxes. The PP income would then match the 1099 from PC. The problem you'll encounter if you ever get audited, is they'll want to see the receipt for the amount you actually paid. If you still have your original receipt from when you bought the item, it might pass otherwise I think you maybe out of luck claiming it. I guess that would be the super starter bonus statement ... hmmmmI don't think I kept the packing slip...
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... I am hoping someone can help me know how to keep track and document this issue for taxes. Here's my example: I received a 8" EC pan as a SS bonus. I already own one so I have used that one as an incentive prize for my Mystery Host show. Someone said that I could deduct that as an expense... since the SS bonus is going to show as income... but how do I do that and document ... and of course this extends to any prize etc.

Show the retail value of the saute pan as an expense associated with the show. You can do this in PP. This is the way that I keep track of any consultant gifts. You can enter the SS Bonus in the income portion of PP, too. That way you can print one report for your taxes. The PP income would then match the 1099 from PC.

The problem you'll encounter if you ever get audited, is they'll want to see the receipt for the amount you actually paid. If you still have your original receipt from when you bought the item, it might pass otherwise I think you maybe out of luck claiming it.

I guess that would be the super starter bonus statement ... hmmmm I don't think I kept the packing slip... good food for thought. I wonder if anyone has more info on this topic?

Any product that you earn for free can be claimed as an expesne if you use it somewhow in your product. Just becuase you didn't pay for it doesn't mean you can't claim it. Pampered Chef is adding the dollar value of that product to our income, so yes you can deduct it. It would just be anohter expense for $38.

When the Pampered Chef sends the 1099 at the end of the year, any bonuses earned will be shown. This will be your 'proof'/receipt that you did in fact earn it and are paying taxes on it. Since it's on your 1099, you'll pay taxes on it. Just the same as any bonus that you receive. I believe that includes trips, TPC rings, etc.

Thank You Everyone!!!!!! :)

PChefAbey said:
Any product that you earn for free can be claimed as an expesne if you use it somewhow in your product. Just becuase you didn't pay for it doesn't mean you can't claim it. Pampered Chef is adding the dollar value of that product to our income, so yes you can deduct it. It would just be anohter expense for $38.
This is what I normall do, too!

1. How do I track tax deductions for SS bonus and prize incentives?

To track tax deductions for SS bonus and prize incentives, you will need to keep detailed records of the amount of the bonus or incentive, the date it was received, and any taxes that were withheld. You can also consult with a tax professional for guidance on how to properly report these earnings on your tax return.

2. Are there any specific forms or documents I need to fill out for tracking tax deductions?

There are no specific forms or documents required for tracking tax deductions for SS bonus and prize incentives. However, it is important to keep accurate records and receipts to support any deductions claimed on your tax return.

3. Can I deduct the full amount of my SS bonus or prize incentive?

The amount you can deduct for SS bonus and prize incentives will depend on various factors, such as your total income, tax bracket, and any other deductions you may have. It is best to consult with a tax professional to determine the appropriate amount to deduct.

4. Are there any restrictions on what types of bonuses or incentives can be deducted?

Generally, bonuses and incentives that are subject to income tax withholding can be deducted. However, there may be restrictions on certain types of bonuses, such as non-cash prizes or gifts, so it is important to consult with a tax professional for guidance.

5. Can I deduct taxes that were withheld from my SS bonus or prize incentive?

Yes, any taxes that were withheld from your SS bonus or prize incentive can typically be deducted on your tax return. These taxes are considered pre-paid taxes and can help reduce your overall tax liability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmoseley