• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Turbo Tax Basic: Finding Schedule C for Deductions

In summary, to access Schedule C for deductions when using Turbo Tax Basic, log in to your account and click on the "Business" tab. If you are a freelancer or independent contractor, you will likely need to use Schedule C for your deductions. This form allows you to claim a variety of deductions, but it is important to keep thorough records. Turbo Tax Basic is designed for individuals with simple tax situations, and if you have multiple sources of income, you may need to upgrade or seek professional assistance. The deadline for filing Schedule C is the same as your individual tax return, typically April 15th, but extensions may also apply.
StacieB
Gold Member
Ok so I am doing my taxes on Turbo Tax using the Basic form. Where do I find schedule C to add in my deductions. Last year I used home and business and it was easier to find. I remember someone saying that I didn't need to use Home and Business. Thanks for any help.

Can't help there - I use Home and Business

janetupnorth said:
Can't help there - I use Home and Business

Me too - I know some said they use the basic...but to my understanding, the forms you need for small business aren't on the basic....Home and Business is just the easiest way to do it, I think. It costs a little more, but at least you have the peace of mind that everything is done and accounted for correctly!

Ok thanks!

I used deluxe! :) it has schedule c on there.

Cori where in the deluxe is it?

It is under Income & Wages...
Click on "Select Specific Topics" and then Click on "Business Income & Expenses"

You will put in your 1099 info, car info, etc ... and then as you click through, it will come to the "Enter Business Expenses"...

After you enter all that, you can click on "Forms Mode" in the upper right of the screen and you can view your actual Schedule C.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Cori, I think I got it figured out. At least I hope so.

here's an interesting tidbit- I use taxslayer.com since they file federal free for military but i use turbo tax on line (just don't file) to check my work. Same numbers but taxslayer is showing $400 more refund then turbo tax. I'll be re-checking my numbers but I'll take more money! lol

1. How do I access Schedule C for deductions when using Turbo Tax Basic?

To access Schedule C for deductions, first log in to your Turbo Tax account. Then, click on the "Business" tab at the top of the screen. From there, you can select "Schedule C" under the "Sole Proprietorship" section to begin entering your deductions.

2. I am a freelancer, do I need to use Schedule C for my deductions?

If you are a freelancer or independent contractor, you will likely need to use Schedule C for your deductions. This form is used to report income and expenses for self-employed individuals.

3. What types of deductions can I claim on Schedule C?

You can claim a variety of deductions on Schedule C, including business expenses such as supplies, equipment, and advertising. You can also deduct expenses for home office, travel, and meals. It is important to keep thorough records and receipts for all of your deductions.

4. Can I use Turbo Tax Basic if I have multiple sources of income?

Turbo Tax Basic is designed for individuals with simple tax situations, such as one source of income. If you have multiple sources of income, you may need to upgrade to a different version of Turbo Tax or seek the assistance of a tax professional.

5. Is there a deadline for filing Schedule C?

The deadline for filing Schedule C is the same as the deadline for filing your individual tax return, which is typically April 15th. However, if you are granted an extension for your tax return, you will also have an extension for filing Schedule C.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinNC
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom