• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Questions: What to Keep and How to File - Tips and Advice

I tried out H & R Block on line several years ago and then tried Turbo Tax to compare. HUGE difference! With Turbo Tax my return was WAY bigger. I've stuck with Turbo Tax ever since.
pckelly
I was just wondering what all I need to keep for tax purposes. I have been inactive, and am rejoining March 1 and want to keep track of things, unlike I did in the past. I keep track of all expenses? Even down to business cards etc. right? And also keep track of my income coming in. When I file next year, how will I file? My husband gets W-2's. Can they be filed together? I heard someone say something about a schedule C?? And does it cost to talk with an accountant to find out what I need to be keeping track of and what I can use towards deductions? Do I have to have a tax ID number? Do I have to get a business license???
I know so many questions...but if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it!!
Be blessed! :D

Last edited:
My DH and I file our taxes jointly. He has W-2's and I have the 1099, we do use the schedule C. I keep track of all of my expenses in Pampered Partner. I track, postage, supplies from HO, supplies I buy at office supply stores, and ad's that I place, business cards, letterhead, pormotional items from VIP or Merrill, anything from Nancy's artworks, website cost, samples, milage, and consultant gifts.

You don't need a business license.

I think that about covers it. If I think of anything else I will post it. Good luck with restarting your business.

Tracy

Kelly,

My husband went to school at UNA. We still visit Florence about one a year. I love that city!

Jennifer: Great!! I have lived here about 14 years....I am originally from Montana!! I wondered where Fulton was??? South Alabama?

Thanks Tracy!! Wow great info, I wrote it all down. Thanks a bunch!

pckelly said:
Jennifer: Great!! I have lived here about 14 years....I am originally from Montana!! I wondered where Fulton was??? South Alabama?

Thanks Tracy!! Wow great info, I wrote it all down. Thanks a bunch!

We are about 4 hours South of Florence. About 90 miles North of Mobile.

Where do you input your expenses for PC? You know like the cost of new samples, Supplies, etc. when doing your taxes.

You put them into expenses and income. You can add any category that you want. For example: Supplies, catalogs, etc go into business supplies while paper, ink, pens, etc go into office supplies.

I don't know if this was the answer you were looking for or not! HTH:D

Thanks Marlene, I wasn't sure because Im checking out Taxact On-line and I don't see the place for it. :eek:

uh oh...I dunno!:confused:

I have a CPA do my taxes...well worth the extra $ to save the headache for me!

Sorry I can't be of more help!:confused:

fruit76loop said:
uh oh...I dunno!:confused:

I have a CPA do my taxes...well worth the extra $ to save the headache for me!

Sorry I can't be of more help!:confused:
That's ok thanks anyway. I don't really make enough yet for a CPA. I have always done them myself in the past, just thought that I would be able to get a little extra if I actually claimed ALL the MULA I have spent for my Biz:)

Claim it!!!You definately want to claim everything!!

There should be a place to input all of your business expenses..I am just not familiar with that program. I did TurboTax the first year of my business and it asked me the questions for business expenses!

CLAIM IT ALL! Why should the goverment get to keep your money???

fruit76loop said:
You definately want to claim everything!!

There should be a place to input all of your business expenses..I am just not familiar with that program. I did TurboTax the first year of my business and it asked me the questions for business expenses!

CLAIM IT ALL! Why should the goverment get to keep your money???
Yeah I will try that program too. Im just testing Tax Act out and deciding which is better since it's FREE until you file. Last year I did H&R Block. I was happy I'm just checking to see if I get more from one over the other.:D

I plan on making a big promotion this year so hears hoping for the Need for a CPA next Year.

CAmomCookin4U said:
Yeah I will try that program too. Im just testing Tax Act out and deciding which is better since it's FREE until you file. Last year I did H&R Block. I was happy I'm just checking to see if I get more from one over the other.:D

I plan on making a big promotion this year so hears hoping for the Need for a CPA next Year.

I tried out H & R Block on line several years ago and then tried Turbo Tax to compare. HUGE difference! With Turbo Tax my return was WAY bigger. I've stuck with them ever since.

CAmomCookin4U said:
Where do you input your expenses for PC? You know like the cost of new samples, Supplies, etc. when doing your taxes.

I am in the process of trying to figure this out. This is the program I use, when I figure it out I will post. I will to irs.gov and downloaded the actual insruction book to go over to know what line to put things on.

What is the purpose of paying taxes?

Taxes are used to fund government programs and services, such as public education, infrastructure, and national defense. They also help redistribute wealth and provide financial assistance to those in need.

What is the difference between federal, state, and local taxes?

Federal taxes are collected by the national government and are used to fund programs and services at the national level. State taxes are collected by state governments and are used to fund programs and services within the state. Local taxes are collected by local governments (such as cities or counties) and are used to fund programs and services within that specific area.

What are some common types of taxes?

Some common types of taxes include income tax, property tax, sales tax, and payroll tax. There are also other types of taxes, such as excise tax and estate tax, that may apply in certain situations.

How are taxes calculated?

Taxes are typically calculated based on a percentage of an individual's income, property value, or purchase price of goods and services. The specific calculation method may vary depending on the type of tax and the jurisdiction.

What happens if I don't pay my taxes?

If you do not pay your taxes, you may face penalties and interest charges. The government may also take legal action to collect the owed taxes, such as placing a lien on your property or garnishing your wages. It is important to pay your taxes on time to avoid these consequences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rbvernon
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • rennea
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
reba515
  • HealthNut