• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Filing Taxes: Personal & Business?

In summary, the conversation revolves around filing taxes using Turbo Tax. The main question is whether to file personal and business taxes together and what steps to take. One suggestion is to upgrade to "Home & Business" on Turbo Tax. Another option is to hire an accountant, such as at H&R Block, who can help with deductions and avoid mistakes that can result in penalties and interest charges from the IRS.
rbvernon
Silver Member
OMG, it is the time of year!! :eek: I started doing my taxes through Tubro Tax, did it last year and I love it, so I figured I would do it again. My question is to everyone: Are ya'll filing taxes together; like personal and business? I am unsure of how to do it. I needed step in the right direction. Never had a business before.

I will keep looking on the threads to see if I find anything.

Thanks so much.

One of the questions Turbo Tax should ask you is if you started a business this year. Since you haven't incorporated your business, I believe it's personal income. Turbo Tax will probably recommend that you upgrade to "Home & Business."

(I'm in no way a tax expert, but that's how I've filed. On my personal taxes using a Schedule C, and I use Home & Business for Turbo Tax)

Did I also say that I have no clue when it comes to taxes. I am not even sure what is a Schedule C??

rbvernon said:
Did I also say that I have no clue when it comes to taxes. I am not even sure what is a Schedule C??

if you have no clue, you should be hiring an accountant.

I go to a great accountant at H&R Block. I got the coupon off of Consultant Corner, so I get to save a few bucks. He knows what he is doing and it is insured. He also finds lots of deductions that I never would have thought of. So if they make a mistake, we don't pay they do.

If you don't know, don't do it yourself. The IRS really penalizes you when you make a mistake. Even if THEY make the mistake, they still charge YOU interest. That just happened to a friend of mine. My advice: go to H&R Block! That is what I have done since 1996 and I always ask for the same person each year.

1. How do I determine which tax forms I need to file?

The forms you need to file will depend on your individual tax situation. If you are filing personal taxes, you will likely need to file a Form 1040. For business taxes, you may need to file a Form 1120, 1120-S, or 1065. It is best to consult with a tax professional or use tax software to determine which forms you need to file.

2. When is the deadline for filing taxes?

The deadline for filing personal taxes is typically April 15th of each year. However, if this falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline may be extended to the following business day. For business taxes, the deadline will depend on the type of business entity. For example, partnerships must file by March 15th, while corporations have until April 15th.

3. Can I file my personal and business taxes together?

No, personal and business taxes must be filed separately. This means you will need to complete and file separate tax forms and schedules for each. It is important to keep your personal and business finances separate for tax purposes.

4. Are there any deductions or credits available for business taxes?

Yes, there are various deductions and credits available for businesses, such as the home office deduction, business vehicle deductions, and the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit. It is important to consult with a tax professional or use tax software to determine which deductions and credits you may be eligible for.

5. Do I need to pay estimated taxes for my business?

If you are self-employed or own a business, you may need to pay estimated taxes throughout the year. This is to ensure that you are paying your taxes as you earn income, rather than waiting until the end of the year. It is best to consult with a tax professional to determine if you need to pay estimated taxes and how much you should pay.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies