• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thing to Remember for Your Taxes...

In summary, you are allowed to claim a percentage of all household expenses based on the square footage exclusively devoted to business purposes. You are also allowed to claim a percentage of all vehicle expenses based on the percentage of business kilometers versus total kilometers. Other expenses to track include PC groceries, office supplies, photocopying, hostess gifts, newspaper subscriptions, advertising, and vehicle repairs/maintenance.
rennea
Gold Member
For all of you who haven't done your taxes yet.......

INCOME TAX PREPARATION

RECEIPTS TO KEEP

PLEASE KEEP ALL RECEIPTS FOR ITEMS SUCH AS THOSE LISTED BELOW – IT WILL HELP YOU AT INCOME TAX TIME

For the House:

You are allowed to claim a percentage of all household expenses based on the square footage exclusively devoted to business purposes:

· Rent or Mortgage Interest (interest only, not payment)

· Heat, Hydro, Water

· Phone bills - long distance costs, cell phone for business purposes

· Internet

· House insurance

· House repairs/maintenance

· House taxes

For the Vehicles:

Remember to record your vehicle odometer reading on or January 1st – record the mileage as of December 31st. Revenue Canada allows you to claim the percentage of the total vehicle expenses based on the percentage of business kilometers versus total kilometers.

· Keep a Mileage Log for EVERY business related trip -parties/shows, delivery, general business purposes - bank, stationary supply store, etc.

· Gas receipts ( total vehicle gas expenses for the year)

· Car insurance and license

· Car repairs/maintenance

· Parking and tolls

Other expenses to Track

· PC Groceries

· Office Supplies – computer supplies, pens, stationary, postage

· Photocopying

· Hostess Gifts

· Newspaper subscriptions

· Fees for Income Tax Preparation

· Bank Charges, loan interest, mortgage

· Advertising

· Kit cost

· Meals out

· Donations

· Clothing (some preparers will let you claim some)

· MISCELLANEOUS – if in doubt- keep the receipt anyways!

· House hold repairs – a portion of these costs will be tax deductible

Hope this helps:)

taxes - yuckThanks Rennea,
I TOTALLY forgot about vehicle reg. and ins.! Oopss - now I know for NEXT year I guess.

Have you done yours yet? We are SO late this year - usually we have ours done by Feb. - we didn't give them to h&r until a week ago.

moreDon't forget PWS costs!

Aren't you allowed up to 11 or 12% of your house sq. footage to be written off for your 'home office'? Plus, (I think) it is up to $2000 for renos.

We're getting ours done tomorrow. Where do we find "receipts" for our PWS and our original sign up costs for the kit? That's about all I'm missing.

ETA: I found this through a search not realizing it was for Canada. But the same would still apply...where do I find those? TIA.

I print out the email that states they pulled the $$ out of my account. That's the only receipt that I am aware of for the PWS.

Did you print out your contract when signing? I would use that and just hand write on it the amount and how you paid for it. (Kit credit, credit card, etc.) Even if you used kit credit, you can claim that $$ cuz it's $$ you earned that went into your business!

Well luckily I'm a pack rat at all of my paperwork. I found the bank statement with the charges for both the Kit and the PWS. It was back when we were using a different bank, so I couldn't just find it online. Hopefully that works for it....

Thanks for your help.

I'm a Canadian newbie here... I got a question regarding this tax stuff. Of course, its going to be for next years tax time, but I want to be prepared now. I will be 'signing' on this week.. (I hope theres an incentive, just like that salad spinner that just ended!, lol) so Im not "officially" a PC Consultant just yet.

When you file your taxes, do you file all this under your personal taxes? Or do you have to file a business return? I have no idea , since I always have done the basic personal income tax through ufile or quicktax.

And I imagine, your taxable income is after all your expenses related to TPC, right?

And thanks for the list of things to hold onto!

You file a personal tax report. Keep track of your incoming checks, etc as T-4's are not issued.

all these write offs are the main reason my DH is so "GUNG HO PC!" I couldn't quit if I wanted too :)

What is the deadline for filing taxes?

The deadline for filing taxes is typically April 15th, but it may vary depending on certain circumstances. For example, if April 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline may be extended to the next business day.

What documents do I need to file my taxes?

Some common documents you will need for filing taxes include your W-2 forms, 1099 forms, and any other income statements. You may also need receipts for deductible expenses, such as charitable donations or business expenses.

Do I need to file taxes if I didn't make much money?

Even if you didn't make much money, you may still be required to file taxes. The minimum income threshold for filing taxes varies depending on your filing status, age, and other factors. It's best to consult the IRS guidelines or a tax professional to determine if you need to file.

Can I file my taxes electronically?

Yes, you can file your taxes electronically using tax preparation software, such as TurboTax or H&R Block. This method is typically faster and more convenient than filing by mail. However, there may be certain eligibility requirements for electronic filing, so be sure to check with the IRS.

What should I do if I can't pay my taxes in full?

If you are unable to pay your taxes in full, you should still file your tax return on time to avoid any penalties. You can then work with the IRS to set up a payment plan or explore other options for paying your taxes. It's important to communicate with the IRS and not ignore your tax obligations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrb0328
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom