• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Touch Down Taco Dip...where Are You??

In summary, this recipe for Touchdown Taco Dip is a delicious and versatile appetizer that can be made in the oven or microwave. It combines layers of refried beans, cream cheese, taco seasoning, and shredded cheese, topped with tomatoes, olives, and onions. You can also personalize it by adding in ground beef or extra cheese. This recipe can be found on JoycesFineCooking.com and in various Pampered Chef cookbooks, such as More Stoneware Sensations and F/W 2005 Season's Best.
lilscrapmama
I had this recipe somewhere, I was wondering which book has it?

Once again, JoycesFineCooking.com saves the day.

Touch Down Taco Dip

1 can (16 oz) refried beans
small piece of onion
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup black olives
2 garlic cloves
1 pkg. (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small tomato
tortilla or corn chips

Preheat oven to 375. Spread refried beans into bottom of deep dish baker. Combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning in bowl. Press garlic; add to cream cheese mixture. Core tomato and chop. Chop onion and olives. Sprinkle tomato, olives and onion over cream cheese mixture. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until hot. Serve with sour cream and chips.

Microwave variation: Microwave on High for 3 minutes; turn. Cook on High an additional 2-3 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around edges.

One of my all time faves:) Except I top with cheese, bake, then put the tomato-olives-onion on top. I believe it was originally in the More Stoneware Sensations cookbook (on the outlet?).

Hmmm, The Joyces Fine Cooking version is different than the actual PC recipe.....it is in several past Season's Best, and it is in the More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook I think... I'll have to find it and post it if someone doesn't already have it....or it may already be in the files here.....let me check....

Here is the link to the file on CS for the actual PC recipe!

Touchdown Taco Dip Recipe.doc

Okay...didn't do that right...anyway, you can just look under files - it's right there!

PC had a couple of "official" versions - one used a can of refried beans, one used bean dip (made a smaller batch in the small oval baker), etc.

The great thing about this recipe is that you can really personalize it and make it your own: add ground beef, put in extra cheese, etc.

chefann said:
PC had a couple of "official" versions - one used a can of refried beans, one used bean dip (made a smaller batch in the small oval baker), etc.

The great thing about this recipe is that you can really personalize it and make it your own: add ground beef, put in extra cheese, etc.

Yeah, but neither one of them had you put the toppings (tomatoes, olive etc....) on under the cheese and then bake it......

Didn't notice that. I didn't actually read the version above, since I'm not the person making it. :)

Ya I added in: (layers)

beans
cream cheese mixture (my seasonings were 1T SW Seas & 1T S&S Bbq)
tomatoes
black beans/sweet corn combo
yellow cheeses

ONE time I did two Tablespoons of the SW Seas mix and it was too spicy for me so when we did it the other night we tried it this was and it was super yum.

OH plus I only do half the cream cheese and then add in Mozzarella because the whole brick of cream cheese is TOO strong cream cheese for me. One version I sub some cottage cheese in for half the cream cheese w/mozzarella and it was good too.

Call me crazy, but I can't find it when I searched in the recipe files. Actually, I ALWAYS have problems with the recipe files. I can only see the top 10recently added, top 10 highest rated and top 10 most viewed. It says there are 64 recipes, but I can only see the top 10 from each category. What is the issue??? Can anyone help???

Anyway, just in case, here is the one from the F/W 2005 Season's Best.

Touchdown Taco Dip
1 can (9 oz) bean dip
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Additional sour cream (optional)
Baked Tortilla Chips (optional, see below)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Using Small Mix 'n Scraper, spread bean dip over bottom of Small OVal Baker. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Mix well.

2. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bean dip. Grate cheddar cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

3. Dice tomato and thinly slice green onions using Utility Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Finely chop cilantro suing Pizza Cutter. Sprinkle tomatoes, onions, olives and cilantro over dip. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Serve with Baked Tortilla Chips, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings

*Pantry Southwest Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the taco mix, if desired.

Baked Tortilla Chips
8 (7-inch) flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges using pizza cutter; arrange half of the tortilla wedges in a single layer on Large Round Stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and crisp. Remove from baking stone; cool completely. Repeat with remaining tortilla wedges.

Yield: 64 chips (16 servings)

Alright, I just added it to the recipes database as well. :)

Related to Touch Down Taco Dip...where Are You??

1. What ingredients do I need to make Touch Down Taco Dip?

To make Touch Down Taco Dip, you will need ground beef, taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, salsa, and diced tomatoes.

2. Can I make Touch Down Taco Dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Touch Down Taco Dip ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving.

3. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?

Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef in this recipe. Just make sure to properly cook the ground turkey before adding it to the dip.

4. Can I make Touch Down Taco Dip in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Touch Down Taco Dip in a slow cooker. Simply layer all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1-2 hours.

5. What can I serve with Touch Down Taco Dip?

You can serve Touch Down Taco Dip with tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables for dipping. It also makes a great topping for baked potatoes or a filling for tacos or burritos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pckelly
  • sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies
Views
amybee