• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Directors Leaving Pampered Chef

In summary, top directors in a cluster have left for another company. The new director structure is making some make new choices.
kreaser said:
Dor
I agree with you about the 2 month inactivity..takes some creative planning (she just started in Oct) had a house fire Dec 17th and lost everything...they weren't injured but they lost their 2 dogs...She doesn't get any type of grace period to try and get her business back up and running...She also has to re-purchase her kit in hopes that her insurance will eventually cover it. And not to mention all the other products she lost in the fire..including customers orders right before christmas...she had to re-buy them for them from PC and hope she can get those covered too. Talk about stressful...this was an unplanned event!! She is still plugging away...So God Bless her!

I'll second that -- GOD BLESS HER! But she can't get a grace period?!?! :eek: I can't believe that! I wonder what it takes to get one!

Sandi

Kreaser, you consultant is a true inspiration. I had a consultant that her and husband both lost their jobs, and she had every excuse in the world for not working her PC. When you are down and really need it, you go for it! You do what you need to do. Great for her!

Thank you Kreaser and Julie for telling those stories. I lost my job on December 1 and I think it did do something to my ego. Rather it kicked the crap out of me! So now I too am getting my s*#& together and going full force. My mind set needed to be changed about fearing success and the reality that I can do it if I want it bad enough. So I commend your consultants. Kreaser, I am surprised and disturbed a bit though that HO does not have a what is it, a special thing for circumstances like that. I have to admit though that the best therapy I had when I was laid up for 9 weeks was getting on the phone and working my business via catalog parties. I did aver $4000 in sales from my couch! It made me feel so good to know I made enough of an impression on enough people to keep my business going even if I could not. So maybe it is a good thing that she can not just take off. I wish them all great things!

Thanks John! I believe we get what we put into things. There are things out of our control. We can pity ourselves and our situations, or we can look to the future. After filing bankruptcy (due to my son's medical bills), given 30 days notice to move because owner was selling home, and moving twice in two months, life stunk! My husband, who owns his own computer business, hadn't had business since summer. Even though I am a teacher and make what I think is good money, we had nothing after moving cost. Literally!! We were very creative in our meals. I wasn't too proud to ask for help.
I was extremely depressed, until I "blessed and let go". It gave me a new sense of what I have -not what I don't have. There are people in worse positions than I was. I've put my PC business up front and I am working it hard.

I don't know all of Don's reasons but it was what he felt was right for him. We have to be careful of what we say his reasons were because speculation becomes fact after a while and that's not fair to him. If he tried to poach consultants then he has to live with that.

The consultants who have left are at a crossroad and choose another path and that's great for them. I applaud them! For myself, I am happy here (even though I occasionally feel a need to vent) and hopefully 2010 will be my year to grow my Pampered Chef business!

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
........Should I be taking that as a vote of confidence Linda? Or are you just messing with my mind? Because if you are, just remember it is old and ain't working so good!

John! You know I am one of your biggest fans boyfriend! You CAN do it - remember what you did with HWC not too long ago? You were in the TOP % of the company for fundraisers - Did you think that was going to happen when you were doing them? You sold more that month than most consultants sell in a year! See what you can do when you put your mind to it.....

One thing I will say about the alleged "consultant poaching." A lot of us enter this business because the person selling above us is our friend and mentor. So if they think it's a good thing, they may not have to say much for us to consider it a good thing too. That may or may not be the case here, but I'm sure nobody was dragged into Park Lane against their will.

Direct sales has a big turnover rate, even among people at the top. Every few years it seems like several leave at once. This no longer surprises me. As for "consultant poaching," it's true that many people bring their friends into the business. It's natural to let them know what you're moving into. However, there's a difference between:I'm leaving PC.Really? Where are you going?Company XWhy? Because I . . .
AndI'm starting a new business with _________, so I'm leaving PC. You should give it a try because . . .One is friendly chit-chat. The other is recruiting.

Last edited:
esavvymom said:
I wondered about Don Funt...I noticed his website was no longer there. (I sometimes "troll" through the top-seller's sites to see what they are cooking, etc.)

I can sort of understand though. My hospitality director is no longer a directory because of the new career plan, and she recently lost all of her career sales (6 yrs with company and over $300k in sales) -because she didn't submit in Oct-Nov due to high-demands at her work and such that had her traveling alot. She didn't get a notice or anything about it to let her know (like we used to before going inactive). She was so upset because she felt that after 6 yrs and that much in sales, that she'd be given more respect and treated better by the company...and that would make sense. Seemed rather petty for the company to take the career sales status. "Demotion" is a good word for it.

With Consultant Connection, I don't see how your HD could not "notice" she was going inactive. I can understand being busy but she would know if her people under her were selling. Sorry she lost it but if she was not keeping up with her business or her downline, I can understand how she lost it all. I am just a Team Leader and I check on my two Recruits all the time. If I don't see any sales posted for a week, I call to see what is going on with them.

Jane - It happened to me my first year. I accrued just over $10,000 in sales in my first year and because of work, I did no parties in December 2001 and January 2002. My recruiter/director was very busy with her own life. Things get missed. But that is why they make such a point of making sure we know how to track our own businesses. It is hard but we all have to responsibility for our selves. I never blamed my director. I knew the rules.
As for Don, you are correct. We should not speculate. I am sorry I did. Sometimes the things too that motivate our decisions are not necessarily black and white either. So asking or speculating as to why, can not always be answered. And too what motivates others to move after a director moves, is none of our business anyway because it too could have been a simple explanation from Don to his people that motivated them. Just because someone tells some one else what they are doing and that person then moves too does not mean he out and out said - come with me! We can't know for sure. So yes, we need to stop.

Linda - THANK YOU. Scott PMd and asked how I did it. I told him. And now I get it!! DUH!!!!! All I need to do is focus on every party like I do with HWC. Boy if it were a house it would have killed me by now! Stupid, stupid, stupid! By focusing on the "What can I do you for you" and pulling out all the stops like I do with HWC to help others, I CAN do it. Not difficult. If I train myself to realize that I have something to offer everyone rather than focusing on how much I can make or what I can earn, it will happen if I just LET GO! Man that felt good! I do not think I have seen this person in a while! My eyes are going green! I have hazel eyes and I have noticed for quite some time now that they have been gray or brownish. They are greenish! That usually means that feisty me is back! OK. I smell rubber bands burning! Talk to you all later and thank you!

Go John, go Johny! :)

WOOT WOOT!!!!

Watchout everyone, "Feisty John" is in the house......

I agree - you go John!

Wasn't Don the one who was doing the "Auctions." I always felt that was unethical and wondered if HO would find out about it too and stop it. I really wonder if that is what happend and why he left.

pampchefrhondab said:
I agree - you go John!

Wasn't Don the one who was doing the "Auctions." I always felt that was unethical and wondered if HO would find out about it too and stop it. I really wonder if that is what happend and why he left.

Tom Marston ran the quarter auctions. IDK about Don?

Becca_in_MD said:
About the time he was going to resign his directorship Don got caught poaching consultants from PC.

I think some of you on here need to get your facts straight and stop the negative talk about Don. If you want to know the TRUE facts you can ask him yourself...if you know him...otherwise SHUT UP!

pampchefrhondab said:
I agree - you go John!

Just to clarify...Don was my director and never did an auction. He also told people he was leaving and NEVER asked anyone to come with him.

jenniferm said:
Just to clarify...Don was my director and never did an auction. He also told people he was leaving and NEVER asked anyone to come with him.

Maybe he didn't ask you to come with him. But several called the HO and complained that he did, in fact ask them. Some didn't call the HO and did go with him.Coincidence? I think not.
Either way I wish him well.

Melissa78 said:
Take one look at the prices of the jewelry that Park Lane has...for costume jewelry. Then you'll know why the host and consultant benefits are so lucrative. They offer higher percentages to their consultants for sales/recruits etc but it all comes at a cost...that is passed along to the customer. In today's economy, I personally could not sell a pair of earrings to someone that were over $100 for costume...I'd rather by gold/sterling or even small diamonds for that price. I would feel guilty pushing such luxury's on people...but to each their own. Not dissin' Don or anyone else that goes down the Jewelry route. I'm thrilled I got the chance to meet & spend time with him. I wish him and others nothing but the best. I'll be sticking to food choppers. I don't know the "old" plan so I don't know what's wrong with the new one but I don't yet see how its not attainable. Maybe when I am a higher exec then I will think differently.

This is my biggest issue with the jewelry DS businesses. When you think about that the cons get's 50% then the host gets all this free stuff. I Think what is the actual VALUE of what I am purchasing? For a 40$ pair of earings. 20$ goes straight to the cons. 10$ might go to the host. The co has to make$ so I spend 40$ to get a pair of earings that really cost maybe 5$?

So many people think this is such a great deal for consultants and hosts but I look at the value my customers are getting.

jenniferm said:
I think some of you on here need to get your facts straight and stop the negative talk about Don. If you want to know the TRUE facts you can ask him yourself...if you know him...otherwise SHUT UP!

I understand if you are upset about people speculating but this is really rude. I teach my kids never to say Shut U* as it is really hurtful. There are better ways of getting your point across.

I know that I wish Don the best.

etteluap70PC said:
I understand if you are upset about people speculating but this is really rude. I teach my kids never to say Shut U* as it is really hurtful. There are better ways of getting your point across.

I know that I wish Don the best.

You are right and i should have expressed myself better...thank you and I am sorry. I am upset because Don is a friend and was my mentor. To set the record straight. He never ASKED anyone to join him. His told his team he was leaving and why and what his new adventure was. Anyone who joined him in his new business did so because THEY asked him. People love Don and will follow him regardless of what he sells. He is a smart business man.

As for people calling and saying they asked him...you have to take what you hear as hear say and not actual fact unless you speak DIRECTLY to someone who made that call to HO! If I tell someone that Joe Snow asked me to do something and that person tells someone else...it is not necessarily the truth. Ever play whisper down the lane.

jenniferm said:
You are right and i should have expressed myself better...thank you and I am sorry. I am upset because Don is a friend and was my mentor. To set the record straight. He never ASKED anyone to join him. His told his team he was leaving and why and what his new adventure was. Anyone who joined him in his new business did so because THEY asked him. People love Don and will follow him regardless of what he sells. He is a smart business man.

As for people calling and saying they asked him...you have to take what you hear as hear say and not actual fact unless you speak DIRECTLY to someone who made that call to HO! If I tell someone that Joe Snow asked me to do something and that person tells someone else...it is not necessarily the truth. Ever play whisper down the lane.

Totally understood where you were coming from and understand completely. If someone were saying stuff about my mentor I would feel the same and react.

pampered1224 said:
That's way to funny Linda! Well maybe it would be true if I could this old rear end moving faster! But hey, at this point, um I guess anything is possible! And NO I WILL NOT say, yeah right! Hey I have just as much a shot at it as anyone else. Thanks to Carolyn anyway, I am throwing "Yeah Right" out of my vocabulary! Should I be taking that as a vote of confidence Linda? Or are you just messing with my mind? Because if you are, just remember it is old and ain't working so good!

Hey John...you and I both have to start using the term...

Hell...YES!!

My goals will be putting stretch marks on me too this year so keep coming on here and we will all help each other!!

So John, you keep saying your old...care and dare to share???? You aren't the only dusty old fart around here!! Now Carolyn is still in diapers:D...well I am too but it's a totally different type of diaper!!:yuck:

Oh, I talked with my ED briefly about Park Lane and she keeps her cards pretty close to her chest. She did say the this company does not belong to DSA (Direct Selling Association). They have a reputation of being hard driving and use more unethical means of recruiting.

jenniferm said:
I am upset because Don is a friend and was my mentor. To set the record straight. He never ASKED anyone to join him. His told his team he was leaving and why and what his new adventure was. Anyone who joined him in his new business did so because THEY asked him. People love Don and will follow him regardless of what he sells. He is a smart business man.

Thank you for sharing this...it is so important to get the facts out. Just to keep it straight...my last post about Park Lane was not a reflection of Don. I actually was very disappointed that he left Pampered Chef. He shared so much and, as you say, is an excellent business man. I feel the same about Tom M. too. I wish both of them well in whatever they do...just wish we still could still benefit from their creativity. (mine stinks!)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
finley1991