• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Toasting Almonds in the Microwave: Tips for a Hot Day

In summary, you can use any type of raw almonds for toasting in the microwave, but blanched almonds may toast faster. The time to toast almonds can vary depending on the wattage of your microwave and the amount being toasted. No oil or butter is needed as the natural oils in the almonds are enough. Other types of nuts can also be toasted in the microwave, adjusting the time accordingly. Properly toasted almonds should be a light golden brown color and give off a nutty aroma, being careful not to over-toast and burn them.
Jenni
that you can toast almonds in the microwave? I am making the Strawberry Spinach Salad and don't want to use the oven on a hot day. Any tips??

YES! Put them in the small oval baker or the micro-cooker. Cook them for 2-3 minutes, stopping and stirring every 15 seconds or so. Watch them close so they don't burn! MMMMMMMMMM

Thanks.... :)

I stop and stir every 30 seconds for 8 minutes, that is if I remember to actually stand there and stop the microwave. It's easier to do it in the oven, but in the summer it would heat your house up.

Yeah I have done this with the small micro cooker dozens of times when making the Strawberry Trifle.

Related to Toasting Almonds in the Microwave: Tips for a Hot Day

1. Can I use any type of almonds for toasting in the microwave?

Yes, you can use any type of raw almonds for toasting in the microwave. However, blanched almonds may toast faster compared to skin-on almonds.

2. How long does it take to toast almonds in the microwave?

The time to toast almonds in the microwave can vary depending on the wattage of your microwave and the amount of almonds being toasted. On average, it takes about 2-3 minutes for half a cup of almonds in a 1000 watt microwave.

3. Do I need to add oil or butter when toasting almonds in the microwave?

No, there is no need to add any oil or butter when toasting almonds in the microwave. The natural oils in the almonds are enough to help them toast evenly and become crispy.

4. Can I toast other types of nuts in the microwave?

Yes, you can toast other types of nuts such as cashews, pecans, and walnuts in the microwave using the same method as toasting almonds. Just make sure to adjust the time accordingly as different nuts may have different cooking times.

5. How do I know when the almonds are properly toasted?

The almonds are properly toasted when they turn a light golden brown color and give off a nutty aroma. Be careful not to over-toast them as they can quickly burn in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
c00p
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76