• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Toast Almonds for Perfect Salad Topping

In summary, toasting almonds in the microwave using a prep bowl can be a quick and easy way to show off your cookware.
sklay723
Gold Member
Can anyone tell me the "best" way to toast almonds that will show off an extra product? I'm walking myself through a show recipe for tomorrow (nothing like waiting til the night before) and it calls for toasted almonds to sprinkle over the top of the salad. I've done them using the executive saute pan (from the kit) on the stove top, but I thought I remember someone saying you could put them in a mini-baker in the oven or something...that could show off the stoneware. It's such a small detail, but since I'm doing a salad show I don't have any cookware or stoneware to show off...any tips would be helpful!

use the microwave in any small stone--about 1 minute--

I was told to put them in a prep bowl and use the microwave - stirring every 30 seconds for 5-7 minutes. So unless there is a trick to it - I can NEVER get it to work for me - they always burn! (but I am NOT a good cook!) :grumpy:

20 seconds, stir, 20 seconds, stir

Do this until the nuts have a fragrant aroma, mild browning

Don't over do it. I think it only takes me 3 or 4 times with sliced almonds. Other nuts may have different times. But if you stick with 20 second intervals and stir you should be able to monitor things well. (One 60 second run without stirring is not the same as 3 20 second intervals with stirring. I tried it once -- they burned.)

I prefer to do them on the stove in my small ss saute pan - executive would work too I suppose. But introducing cookware at a show is always a GREAT thing to do - even if the recipe doesn't call for it. I used to be so good at this, but I have to admit that I don't do it now as much as I should. Anyway, toast the nuts on a low heat and I just stir with a scraper until you see them get brown. Just don't burn them!! They smell fantastic when they are ready, so you'll know!

1. How do I toast almonds for the perfect salad topping?

To toast almonds for a perfect salad topping, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden and fragrant. Let the almonds cool before using them as a topping for your salad.

2. Can I toast almonds on the stovetop?

Yes, you can toast almonds on the stovetop. Heat a dry skillet over medium heat and add the almonds. Stir frequently for 5-7 minutes, until the almonds are lightly golden and fragrant. Remove from heat and let them cool before using as a salad topping.

3. Do I need to add oil or butter when toasting almonds?

No, you do not need to add oil or butter when toasting almonds for a salad topping. The almonds have enough natural oils to toast evenly and become crispy. Adding oil or butter can make them too greasy for a salad.

4. How long will toasted almonds stay fresh?

Properly stored in an airtight container, toasted almonds can stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. It is best to store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or heat.

5. Can I use other nuts instead of almonds for a salad topping?

Yes, you can use other nuts such as walnuts, pecans, or cashews as a salad topping. Just follow the same toasting instructions as you would for almonds. You can also mix different types of nuts for a more varied and flavorful topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jenni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • babywings76