• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for New Stoneware Users: Learn to Love It!

In summary, for those new to stoneware, here are some tips to help you get started and make the most out of your stoneware cooking experience. Remember to season your stoneware before first use, avoid sudden temperature changes, use oven mitts or pot holders, avoid using metal utensils, do not use soap to clean, avoid abrasive cleaners, store properly, and experiment with different recipes. Happy cooking!
button92
Does anyone have a flyer or something they might use for new stoneware users,something to reinforce the use and care info? I have met many people lately that never tried stoneware or have nib pieces because they are "afraid" of it. I thought maybe if I was able to give them a paper with tips, they may be more likely to use what they have and purchase more. TIA for any help.:)

here are some that I have

Attachments

• 20 reas luv stone.doc
    17.5 KB · Views: 403
  • getting to know stoneware.wps.doc
    16.5 KB · Views: 407
  • Prevent Stoneware Phobia.doc
    17.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 30 ways to use your stone!.doc
    29 KB · Views: 423
Here is a sample flyer you can use for new stoneware users:Welcome to the world of stoneware cooking!Stoneware is a versatile and durable material that has been used for centuries to create delicious and healthy meals. Whether you are a seasoned stoneware user or new to this cooking method, here are some tips to help you get the most out of your stoneware.1. Season your stoneware before first use.Before using your stoneware for the first time, it is important to season it. This process helps to create a natural non-stick surface and enhances the flavors of your food. To season your stoneware, simply rub a light coat of vegetable oil over the entire surface and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for one hour.2. Avoid sudden temperature changes.Stoneware is sensitive to sudden changes in temperature. Always allow your stoneware to cool down before placing it in the refrigerator or freezer. Also, avoid placing cold stoneware in a hot oven as this can cause it to crack.3. Use oven mitts or pot holders.Stoneware can get very hot in the oven, so always use oven mitts or pot holders when handling it. This will prevent burns and ensure a safe cooking experience.4. Do not use metal utensils.Metal utensils can scratch and damage the surface of your stoneware. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils when cooking with stoneware.5. Do not use soap to clean.Stoneware is naturally non-stick, so it is not necessary to use soap when cleaning. Simply rinse with hot water and use a nylon scraper to remove any stuck-on food. If necessary, you can use a small amount of baking soda to remove stubborn stains.6. Avoid using abrasive cleaners.Harsh and abrasive cleaners can damage the surface of your stoneware. Stick to mild dish soap and hot water for cleaning. You can also use a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar to remove any stubborn stains.7. Store properly.When not in use, store your stoneware in a dry and cool place. Avoid stacking it with other heavy kitchen items as this can cause it to crack or chip.8. Experiment with different recipes.Stoneware is not just for casseroles and roasts. You can use it to bake bread, make desserts, and even cook pizza! Don't be

1. How do I properly season my new stoneware?

To season your new stoneware, start by washing it with warm water and a mild soap. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Then, rub a small amount of vegetable oil all over the stoneware using a paper towel. Place it in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Let it cool completely before using it for the first time.

2. Can I use soap to clean my stoneware?

It is not recommended to use soap on your stoneware as it can leave a residue and affect the flavor of your food. Simply rinse with hot water and use a nylon scraper to remove any stuck-on food.

3. How do I prevent my stoneware from sticking?

Make sure to season your stoneware properly before first use. Also, avoid cooking with high heat as this can cause food to stick to the stoneware. Using a light coating of oil or non-stick cooking spray can also help prevent sticking.

4. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware is not safe to use in the microwave. It is designed for use in the oven only.

5. How do I care for my stoneware?

To prolong the life of your stoneware, avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing a hot stoneware dish in cold water. Always let it cool down before cleaning. Also, avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware as they can leave scratches. Hand wash with hot water and a nylon scraper, and avoid using soap. If food is stuck on the stoneware, soak it in warm water for a few minutes before cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Mystik
  • RaggedyAunt
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • PamperedbyKaren
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies