• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Hosting a Small Guest List with Future MIL: Handling Flaky Invitations

In summary, my very first show is being hosted by my future MIL. Shes been a little flaky lately and her guest list consists of 6 people - thats all. i know that not all 6 people are going to show - and theres no getting her to invite more. what should i do?!:eek:Will she let you call them so you can talk to them yourself about inviting a friend to come with them? Otherwise, if you send out the invites, put on there "Bring a friend, get a gift!"
jrb0328
my very first show is being hosted by my future MIL. shes been a little flaky lately and her guest list consists of 6 people - thats all. i know that not all 6 people are going to show - and theres no getting her to invite more. what should i do?!:eek:

Will she let you call them so you can talk to them yourself about inviting a friend to come with them? Otherwise, if you send out the invites, put on there "Bring a friend, get a gift!"

Tell her to ask everyone to bring a friend who was not invited. Maybe offer a gift for those who do. I often offer $1 off shipping for both the one who brought the friend and the friend.

i dont think she will want me calling them but i will suggest bringing a friend. what should i give as gifts?

What Beth said or I give a twixit clip or Citrus Peeler.

You could give them a Season's Best or one of the other door prize items on the supply order or a twixit or as I do give something off the shipping.

I like to do the shipping because if they don't order anything I'm not out anything.

BethCooks4U said:
I like to do the shipping because if they don't order anything I'm not out anything.

That is very true, especially if someone brings a person under 18 who probably won't order anything.:)

the shipping, if its sent to the hostess is 4$ flat correct?

jrb0328 said:
the shipping, if its sent to the hostess is 4$ flat correct?
Yes, regular shipping is $4.

i just want to make sure that i am clear on this - if i were to offer free shipping, i would pay for that? so if i had 2 people order and they brought a friend i would pay the 8$ shipping?

I wouldn't offer free shipping. Yes, you'd be paying for it, but Beth was saying that she offers $1 off shipping. So you're only paying that $1 for the person who brought a friend and the friend, if they order something.

I like that idea because like Beth said, you arent out anything if they dont order

Outside orders will really help this party out! I've had very fun profitable shows with a low attendance, it just means your MIL will have to do more work herself!

My very first show was only the host, her mom, her friend and myself. It worked well for me because it got that first show off my back and those jitters gone.

You know, it will be what it will be. Just consider it a training show, do your best, SPARKLE anyway, and just consider it training that you get paid for! And then work your best to get referrals from this group if not bookings.

Exactly.. my first two shows only had two people... actually one show had one guest and the host and that was IT! It still qualified and I learned a lot. That's what the first few shows are all about.... learning. At least that's how I looked at it.

Nanisu said:
You know, it will be what it will be. Just consider it a training show, do your best, SPARKLE anyway, and just consider it training that you get paid for! And then work your best to get referrals from this group if not bookings.
Some of my best shows have had low attendance! I had a party where no one showed up and the host worked her butt off to get $500 in sales!

Related to Tips for Hosting a Small Guest List with Future MIL: Handling Flaky Invitations

1. What is a "Show for Small Guest List"?

A "Show for Small Guest List" is a more intimate gathering where a Pampered Chef consultant will bring a smaller selection of products for guests to see and try. It is perfect for hosting a small group of friends or family members.

2. How many guests can I invite to a "Show for Small Guest List"?

Typically, a "Show for Small Guest List" is designed for 6-10 guests. This allows for a more personalized experience and ensures that everyone has a chance to see and try the products.

3. Can I still earn free products and discounts with a "Show for Small Guest List"?

Yes, absolutely! You and your guests can still earn free products and discounts based on the total sales from the show. The only difference is that the rewards may be smaller compared to a larger show.

4. Can I customize the products that will be showcased at my "Show for Small Guest List"?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to select the products that you and your guests are most interested in. This ensures that the show is tailored to your specific needs and preferences.

5. How long does a "Show for Small Guest List" typically last?

A "Show for Small Guest List" usually lasts around 1-2 hours, depending on the number of guests and the products being showcased. Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to determine the best time frame for your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies