• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bridal Shower Success: Tips for a Small Guest List and Gift Registry

In summary, the future mother-in-law is concerned that the bride will be disappointed with the turnout, and is unsure of how to increase the number of attendees.
Lisa S
Okay, this will probably sound greedy and selfish, but it is not intended to do so...

I just received the guest list and wish list for a Bridal Shower I am doing in 2 weeks. The bride is only inviting 10 couples and the most expensive item on her list is the US&G.

I am concerned that she is going to be disappointed with the outcome. I am flying out of state for this one, but have 3 additional shows while I am there - so I am not so concerned about whether it's worth it for me.

Do I try to get more people there or more expensive things on her list? Or do I leave her alone and let her get what she gets? I don't want her to choose things just because they are expensive, but I also don't want her to miss out on the opportunity to have something given to her that she won't have to buy later. Also, assuming all 10 couples are able to come - that will probably only give her a $500 show... not the best host benefits for a Bridal Shower.

Thanks.

An UpdateHi Everyone,

I ended up calling the future mother-in-law this evening. (she is the host of the bridal shower). I told her I wanted to go over the invite list so I would know who was coming. When I read off the 10 couple names, the mother-in-law stated that she just didn't think that was enough people. She said she thought the bride was concerned about overwhelming her and would talk to her in the morning to let her know it was okay to invite more. So hopefully, there will be a better turn out and better host rewards for the bride.

Wish away baby!!Lisa,

I have had many bridal shows were the bride only picked a few items. After this happens I call the bride and ask her for sure if there aren't any other items she would love to have in her kitchen, most of the time there are "yeses but..." Most of the "buts" are she feels bad to list more expensice items. I then go on to explain to her that she should not worry about the cost of the items she lists because she is doing everyone a huge favor by giving them more selections, thus more price ranges. I also go on to tell her that if she wants more expensive items such as the cookware, to add those to the list as well because I often have guests that "go in together" on one larger present such as the cookware.

When I approach it this way, the bride usually triples her wish list! :D

Hope this helps!

Also Remind HerThat generally the host will give the bride some of all of her host benefits which will help round out her order.

If your bride is a young, never lived on their own, never been married bride, reminder her that this is the best way to stock her kitchen with what she wants, and if she does not tell her guests what she wants, she runs the risk of ending up with multiple toasters from stores all over town.

Like previously posted I alway let brides know it is a "wish list" and guests will only buy what they can afford and many guests with by group gifts!

Good luck!

Hi there! I completely understand your concerns and it's great that you are thinking about the bride's wishes and making sure she has a successful shower. It's important to remember that the most important thing is for the bride to have a great time with her loved ones and create lasting memories. That being said, I would suggest talking to the bride and asking her if she would like you to reach out to more people or if she would like to add more items to her wish list. It's ultimately up to her and what she feels comfortable with. Remember, the goal is to make her happy and not necessarily have a big show. I'm sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness and effort in making her shower special. Best of luck with the show and have a great time!

Related to Maximizing Bridal Shower Success: Tips for a Small Guest List and Gift Registry

What is a Small Bridal Shower?

A Small Bridal Shower is an intimate gathering of close friends and family to celebrate and honor the bride-to-be before her wedding day. It is typically a more casual and low-key event compared to a traditional bridal shower.

How many guests should be invited to a Small Bridal Shower?

The number of guests invited to a Small Bridal Shower will vary depending on the bride's preferences and the size of the venue. Generally, a Small Bridal Shower will have 10-20 guests in attendance.

What type of gifts are appropriate for a Small Bridal Shower?

Gifts for a Small Bridal Shower can range from kitchen and home items to personal gifts for the bride. It is always a good idea to consult the bride's registry or ask the host for gift ideas.

Who typically hosts a Small Bridal Shower?

A Small Bridal Shower is often hosted by the maid of honor or a close friend or family member of the bride. However, anyone can offer to host a Small Bridal Shower for the bride if they wish.

What are some popular themes for a Small Bridal Shower?

Some popular themes for a Small Bridal Shower include a tea party, wine and cheese tasting, or a spa day. However, the theme can also be personalized to fit the bride's interests and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies