• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Handling a Last Minute Show - Expert Advice from Experienced Hosts"

In summary, the host assures the guest that the list is in the mail and should be here, but the guest does not have the list and does not know how to proceed. The host suggests that the guest call the host to inquire about the list's whereabouts and to confirm attendance for the show.
jenne
OK...I am supposed to have a show on Friday...I have talked to the host a couple times in the last week...she reassured me that the guest list was in the mail and should have been here (still don't have it) and that she still wants to have this show. At this point...being as their is no mail tomorrow, there is obviously NO point in sending out any invitations, even if I DO get the guest list Tuesday....that would look unprofessional for them to show up after the show...so what do I do??? Like I said, the host keeps saying she wants to have this show, and I don't want to bail on her, because you just never know what might happen...if she's willing, I am too...I am new and not quite sure how to handle the situation though. If she was only a couple miles away, it would be one thing, but she lives 45 miles away!! I really want the past host to get the special because she was a great host and had an AWESOME show...and actually has 2 orders for this new show. I am just kindof at a loss. Should I call the host and tell her that I am not sending invitations, so she needs to call everyone, or should I get their phone numbers and call them myself? I need some advise from those of you who have more experience.

One thing I have learned from this.....I need to pencil in the date for the host and if I don't have the guest list in time, the date is then opened up to someone else....how long should that be? 3 weeks?

Thanks so much for all your input!

I would call her and tell her that since the list seems to have been delayed in the mail that it is too late to send out the postcard invites. Ask her to please email and call everyone that she wants to invite. Do you have a PWS? If so , she can send the evites from there (I'd still have her call everyone b/c I don't trust evites)

Ask for the telephone numbers because you'll do the reminder calls. That means she has to make the actual calls and will call because she knows you're going be calling everyone asking them if they actually got invited. Tell her you need to make sure of attendance because you live 45 minutes away and because you didn't have time to send invitations. If she isn't good with that, ask her if she could do a catalog show for now and you'll reschedule her show as soon as you get the guest list. You can say this all in a very nice way.

pamperedlinda said:
I would call her and tell her that since the list seems to have been delayed in the mail that it is too late to send out the postcard invites. Ask her to please email and call everyone that she wants to invite. Do you have a PWS? If so , she can send the evites from there (I'd still have her call everyone b/c I don't trust evites)

I have a PWS, but she apparently has no e-mail...I like the idea of letting her know I'm going to do the reminder calls....I can casually ask for the phone numbers and then drop the bomb on her after she gives them to me...

"Since the guest list was delayed by the slower than ever postal service (poor postal service always gets the blame!!), can I get the phone numbers for those you were planning to invite?"

"sure, that'd be fine...they are blah blah blah"

"Ok...great...thanks for those...now what you need to do is call them and make sure you invite them, and then I'll call them the day before your show to remind them of your show and to check on attendance"

hehehehehe

You have to call the guests yourself if you don't reschedule. You don't want to waste the drive or your night. Try to reschedule and give her the option of the catalog show. She only needs $150 so the past host can get her booking benefit.

I don't always get a guest list from hosts. I have even had a show where the host invited by word of mouth only (I was a little skeptical but it was over $1000 in sales) She had another (the same way) a few months back & again over $1000. I leave it up to my hosts to do the inviting. I offer to send them but only if I have the guest list.

I think JAE's advice is GREAT!
Get the guests' #s and make the reminder calls yourself!
I got a tip from Stacy Tenneson...tell the prospective host you will need her guest list in 10 days. If yo udo not have it in 7 days (and you're telling her this up front) you will call her ONE TIME to remind her...if you do not get it within a week of that call, you will open up the date to someone else.

Related to Tips for Handling a Last Minute Show - Expert Advice from Experienced Hosts"

1. How can I ensure a successful last minute show?

The key to a successful last minute show is to be organized and efficient. Make sure to communicate clearly with your guests and provide them with all the necessary information in a timely manner. Also, be flexible and willing to adapt to any changes that may arise.

2. How can I get guests to attend a last minute show?

One way to get guests to attend a last minute show is to offer them an incentive, such as a discount or free product, for attending. You can also reach out to your regular customers and let them know about the last minute show, as they may be more likely to attend and bring friends.

3. What are some quick and easy recipes I can use for a last minute show?

Some quick and easy recipes that are perfect for a last minute show include dips, no-bake desserts, and simple appetizers. You can also use pre-made mixes or frozen items to save time.

4. How should I handle orders and payments for a last minute show?

To make things easier, you can collect orders and payments upfront before the show. This will help you to avoid any confusion or delays during the show. You can also offer guests the option to place their order online after the show.

5. What are some tips for setting up a last minute show quickly?

When setting up for a last minute show, it's important to prioritize and focus on the essentials. Set up a simple display with a few key products and keep your demonstration short and sweet. Also, make sure to have plenty of catalogs and order forms on hand for guests to take with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cewcooks
Replies
Views
ajadzioba
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg