• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Host Issues: Tips for Navigating a Difficult Show as a Presenter

who then proceeded to go on and on about what a nightmare it was to work with me and how I was never there and blah blah blah. I was glad to get out of there. Anyway, I hope this helps and good luck tonight.
laylaleigh
I have a show Friday that I am dreading! It was a show that was originally scheduled at the begining of the month. It is being hosted by my firiend and her co-worker. It has been a problem from the get go.

I don't really have time to tell all the drama, but here is the low down.

*it is scheduled as a Christmas party/wear your ugliest Christmas sweater contest/PC show.
*the co-worker sent out an e-vite and never sent one to me, I have asked several times.
*the party time was changed to 6 w/o me knowing it
*the co-worker has informed me that I am only to do 1 appetizer and my demo should not be longer than 1/2 hour. so everyone can party and fun
*they are only serving appetizers and people are coming straight from work.

I have to drive an hour for this show and I don't know how to respond to her latest round of emails. I have talked to my friend and she keeps apologizing that this has gotten out of hand. Her co-worker is being very wierd about the whole thing. I feel like I have to put my foot down, but every time I do she acts defensive and says...I don't know where the confusion is coming from this is just a simple party. What???

FYI these are young professionals...how many of us have ugly Christmans sweaters laying around?

TIA for the advice. I really need to respond to her today.

I would show up and do an appetizer that shows lots of tools--cool veggie pizza is a good one, everyone loves it, it is inexpensive and shows a ton of tools. I would join in the fun! Wear a sweater--if you don't have one, take any old sweater and put all kinds of ribbons (even curling ribbon in a bunch of colors would be cute) around it with safety pins, make it really tacky--have fun with it. Do your demo, take your orders (tell them "i know you want to party, I'll be here for about ___ minutes to take your orders), and then for that 30 minutes you do your demo be ON!!! Perform!!!
Offer booking incentives, play the ticket game or the got it love it love it want it game and toss peppermints or kisses--just have fun with it! Give away Christmas light bulbs with "light up your kitchen with Pampered Chef tools" in a baggie--be creative. Just because they are young professionals doesn't mean they don't eat--enjoy it!

Hope this helps

Nancy Collins

Thank you for the ideas. That is a better spin to the show. I am just frustrated and sometimes when you are in too deep it is hard to see the bright side.

The comment about them being young was about the sweaters. I know I don't have one. I do like the idea about making one though!

Thanks

Try a no demo show. Prepare the recipe ahead of time (either at your home or the hosts) and then talk about the 4 major product lines. That way you won't feel crammed into 30 minutes to get the demo done. Or get all the prep work done ahead of time and just throw everything together in front of them

An idea for a quick YUMMY appetizer is:

Roll out crescent rolls
spread cream cheese mixed with italian seasoning on crescent rolls
layer with deli meat (any kind works)
roll them up
slice into pin wheels and bake for about 8-10 min.

These are so yummy easy to demo and fast.....

Hope that helps!!!

also I think you should make the ugliest sweater like they said earlier....just have fun!!!!! :sing:

Make the best of it. You've gotten some great ideas. Just keep your chin up, smile big and put on a great show... then after you have your orders, enjoy the party!

I totally understand your frustration. I just finished with a hostess llike this and she has pushed me to my limit. I like all the great ideas and I hope your sales will compensate for your frustration. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Best of luck with your show tonight. I have had nightmare hosts for most of my short career. I finally realized I was allowing them to walk all over me, and I got smart right before a particular host decided I was going to demo FOUR recipes, plus arrive 2.5 hours before the show to help her assemble the 4 desserts she wanted to make, and various other items... all this for 1 definate yes and 6 maybe's... So in order to keep my sanity I tried to take control of the show and at the last minute she gave the show to a consultant she worked with, and cancelled it with me, and all the work I did up and to the day of the show was for nothing... I lost out on postage, catalogs, a nice and full host package, 92 postcard invites, etc... and some other consultant got to do the show. I also lost out on the outside orders that were gathered before the show...yes, this host was a real piece of work. And to think I was planning on recruiting her :)

What should I do if my host is not responding to my messages or calls?

If your host is not responding, try reaching out through a different method of communication, such as email or social media. You can also contact your Pampered Chef consultant support team for assistance in reaching your host.

My host is not meeting their sales goals for the show. What can I do to encourage more sales?

First, make sure you are providing your host with all the necessary tools and resources to promote the show. You can also offer incentives for reaching certain sales goals, such as free products or discounts. Additionally, try to engage your host in the planning process and encourage them to invite more guests.

What if my host is unhappy with their party results and wants to cancel the show?

If your host is unhappy with their party results, try to have an open and honest conversation with them to understand their concerns. Offer to work together to come up with a solution, such as extending the show or offering additional incentives. If they still want to cancel, respect their decision and offer to reschedule for a future date.

My host is not satisfied with the products they received. How should I handle this situation?

If your host is not satisfied with the products they received, apologize for any inconvenience and offer to exchange or refund the products. You can also provide them with information on our satisfaction guarantee policy and how they can contact our customer service team for further assistance.

What if my host is causing disruptions during the show? How can I handle this professionally?

If your host is causing disruptions during the show, calmly and politely address the issue. You can ask them to hold their questions or comments until a designated time or take a break to address their concerns privately. If the disruptions continue, you can also involve your consultant support team for assistance in handling the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
HealthNut
Replies