• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Grand Opening" When All Friends/Family Came to Hosted Show?...

In summary, the expert believes that in order to reach their $1250 goal for their first 30 days, they need to not have a party where they invite everyone again and instead focus on pampering a few businesses. They suggest that the host offer to do shows for the guests and that they focus on what the guests will get, not on what the host needs.
HealthNut
ok - so i'm ordering my kit hopefully tomorrow or tuesday (depends on when my show i hosted gets completed through HO)...

here's the thing - i invited EVERYONE I knew to that party that I hosted (and shoot, my mom alone spent $200!)...and I do NOT want to "bug" them as they all know that I am selling - and I promised them I would NOT "bug" them...but I had a great show with over $800 in sales :D

I see a lot of people here talk about their "grand opening" show - but, again, ALL of my friends/family/co-workers were at that party...

So I know - in order to reach my $1250 goal for my first 30 days (I'm realllllly gonna try hard!) - I can't have a party where I invite everyone again - so what would you all suggest?

I do have one co-worker who's doing a catalogue show for me - and I plan on pampering a few businesses...but I guess I just need some ideas. :)

Did your recruiter help you get any bookings at your party? If not, (and even if you did get some from that show) call everyone and thank them for coming to your party. Remind them that you are starting your business and need shows. Tell them about all the free things you got for hosting and that you'd like them to get free things too. Don't assume everyone got everything they wanted at your party.

Yeah, I agree with Beth. :)Thank them for coming to your party. Let them know you're signing and in order to get started, you just need some shows. The most important thing you need is fresh blood, so to speak. ;) So it's VITAL that they invite people you do not know. Did they have fun at your party? I'm sure they enjoyed it. Now they can have a night to have fun with their own circles of friends that you don't know. You get to pamper them with some food and fun and their friends get a fun night out of the house. They will get a special "Charter Host" gift from Pampered Chef just for hosting a party with you in your first 30 days. Make it about them, yet stressing in host coaching the importance of inviting lots of people that you don't know. In the files section, check out the "40 in 4 minutes" or "50 in 5" brainstorming sheets. , You can include it in the host packet and go over it with them. It just points out that people know more than just their 3 best friends and 2 co-workers and their family.

babywings76 said:
Yeah, I agree with Beth. :)

Thank them for coming to your party. Let them know you're signing and in order to get started, you just need some shows. The most important thing you need is fresh blood, so to speak. ;) So it's VITAL that they invite people you do not know. Did they have fun at your party? I'm sure they enjoyed it. Now they can have a night to have fun with their own circles of friends that you don't know. You get to pamper them with some food and fun and their friends get a fun night out of the house. They will get a special "Charter Host" gift from Pampered Chef just for hosting a party with you in your first 30 days. Make it about them, yet stressing in host coaching the importance of inviting lots of people that you don't know.

In the files section, check out the "40 in 4 minutes" or "50 in 5" brainstorming sheets. , You can include it in the host packet and go over it with them. It just points out that people know more than just their 3 best friends and 2 co-workers and their family.
Oh yes this is SO TRUE AND VERY VITAL to make the business a success. They'll be prepared for you to say this since you already told them you don't want to lean on them.

Be sure to take the online classes as soon as you can. That will help you a lot too.

Don't make the mistake of not offering to do shows for them. (Emphasis on THEM and what THEY GET, not on You and Your Need to Qualify...) Yes, they spent. But at EVERY show, people "want" more than they "buy". Especially in August, they can get so much more with their $$ for hosting!! Ask as suggested, "and could you please invite some people from your world that are new to me?"

Yes, all that everyone else said... PLUS maybe you could host your own "grand opening" and invite them again anyway... with the premise that you will be "practicing" on them and could use their input. Everybody loves to help and give their opinion. Of course most will order from you... because it's true, people don't buy everything they want at one show due to whatever reason, but they DO want more! Good luck to you!

And I'll bet you do know more people than the ones who came to the first show. Did you have any invites not make it to that one? Invite your hairdresser, the lady at the bank, your kids teacher, your best friends mother, etc. I did my own grand opening and had a $1037 show! Go girl!

And make sure to tell them that everyone who brings a friend gets a free gift (could be just a couple of recipe cards in a pretty ribbon!! Or make our new salty and sweet snack mix and tie some up in something to look pretty.....just a suggestion...

I think if you just had a show with decent sales, I'd really go the route of asking them to book parties. That's probably where you will get the most growth. If they attend another show of yours, they might feel that attending and purchasing at 2 shows is sufficient and won't be excited or as open to hosting for you. You can always do another show of your own if you strike out on the bookings. Like, if they say they really don't want to have a show. All those people, you could ask..."If I host another party, would you be willing to come and bring 3 people I don't know to it? I'll give you a free gift for each friend you bring that I don't know." That way the pressure is off from hosting, yet they'll bring you in some fresh faces. (the free gifts can be just door prizes: Season Best, twixits, mini-whipper, citrus peeler, small bamboo spoons, 1 cup prep bowls, etc. that you can order on a supply order.)

I do not think there is anything wrong with having another show!! You could always try to think of other people to invite. Maybe soem of the people you invited to your first party weren't able to buy everything they wanted at that time. You could also schedule it for after September 1st to take advantage of the new catalog. Plus they are there to support YOU, not another consultant, you would be amazed at what they could do for you!!!

My aunt had a jewelry party and then decided to sign. She had a kick off party and invited all the same people plus more. She had a room full of people who were there to support her and we all bought more stuff! Do not prejudge your situation!

Keri-Ann - Since your mom lives pretty far from you, maybe she'd be willing to host in your first 30 days? That could really do you good since it could be a bunch of people you don't know. And maybe you could even invite people we went to school with who are still in the area?

deanna_g said:
Keri-Ann - Since your mom lives pretty far from you, maybe she'd be willing to host in your first 30 days? That could really do you good since it could be a bunch of people you don't know. And maybe you could even invite people we went to school with who are still in the area?

Well she IS doing a catalogue show for me (hopefully can order my stuff today! As she's coming down here friday...) I do have leads and basically two immediate catalogue shows. :)

If you plan to do another show yourself maybe do it as a mystery host show, where one of your guests gets the host benefits. I've never done one, but there are some threads on here about that. Good luck! I think the most important thing for me so far has been to talk to people constantly. Fortunately what you do for work often comes up naturally in a conversation.

Also, my 3rd show was for a family member who lives 2 hours away, but it turned out one of her guests has family that lives near me and I've booked 3 shows out of that one I expected nothing from! So, never assume that you know the outcome of a show before going in.

babywings76 said:
I think if you just had a show with decent sales, I'd really go the route of asking them to book parties. That's probably where you will get the most growth. If they attend another show of yours, they might feel that attending and purchasing at 2 shows is sufficient and won't be excited or as open to hosting for you.

You can always do another show of your own if you strike out on the bookings. Like, if they say they really don't want to have a show. All those people, you could ask..."If I host another party, would you be willing to come and bring 3 people I don't know to it? I'll give you a free gift for each friend you bring that I don't know." That way the pressure is off from hosting, yet they'll bring you in some fresh faces. (the free gifts can be just door prizes: Season Best, twixits, mini-whipper, citrus peeler, small bamboo spoons, 1 cup prep bowls, etc. that you can order on a supply order.)

I totally agree! I loved all of the suggestions!! That is pretty much what happened to me. Now I am just going for bookings and am having my first Grand Opening in my 4th month. I am getting renewed interest with the new season and they have the itch for some new stuff. Anyone that doesn't want to book is more than welcome to come to my Grand Opening or visa-versa. Good Luck! You will be great!!! LOL

Don't sell your friends short. I agree, it may not be a huge grand opening, but call them ask them if you can practice on some of their friends. If they aren't interested, invite them to bring a friend to a "practice cooking demo" at your house. I like the idea of giving away the hostess benefits.
I had hosted a show about 9 months before and ALL of my friends had hosted with my recruiter in that 9 month period, so my group was pretty tired of PC parties when I signed. It has been a bit of a struggle to get started, but I think that it always is. Bookings will never just fall into your lap. You have to work for them, but honestly if you are willing to work, the work will be there.

lesliec said:
You have to work for them, but honestly if you are willing to work, the work will be there.

Great advice!!!!! Thanks for that because I am trying to kick myself in the butt to work harder and make this business fly. I need to quit one of my part-time jobs and PC is something I love. ! know that I am able to achieve my dreams but I need to quit being so lazy and work harder.

freebyrdz said:
Great advice!!!!! Thanks for that because I am trying to kick myself in the butt to work harder and make this business fly. I need to quit one of my part-time jobs and PC is something I love. ! know that I am able to achieve my dreams but I need to quit being so lazy and work harder.

You can do it. I have been doing this for about 6 months, and I finally feel like having my show calendar full, is finally within reach. My goal is to do 10 shows a month. Seems like a lot right now, especially since the most I have done is 5, but my family needs the consistency and the income.

Thanks for all the replies, guys! I do have a show from one friend (she has to call and arrange her apartment's guest area where she can have it) - so once she has confirmation on what date it's available, I can book her show. :)

I love the idea of a "practice-run" and I'll see if my friends'll do that!

1. How can I host a successful Grand Opening for my Pampered Chef party?

To host a successful Grand Opening, it's important to plan ahead and invite as many friends and family members as possible. Start by creating an event on social media and inviting people through email or direct messages. You can also reach out to people individually and extend a personal invitation. Be sure to provide details on the date, time, location, and any special promotions or discounts that will be offered at the event.

2. What should I expect at a Pampered Chef Grand Opening?

At a Pampered Chef Grand Opening, you can expect to see a variety of kitchen products and tools on display. There may also be cooking demonstrations and tastings to showcase the products in action. You'll have the opportunity to shop and place orders, as well as take advantage of any special deals or discounts offered at the event. It's also a great chance to socialize and catch up with friends and family.

3. Can I bring children to a Pampered Chef Grand Opening?

Yes, children are welcome at a Pampered Chef Grand Opening. In fact, there may be activities or games specifically designed for kids, making it a fun family event. However, please be mindful of any cooking demonstrations or sharp objects that may be on display.

4. Is there a minimum purchase requirement at a Pampered Chef Grand Opening?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement at a Pampered Chef Grand Opening. However, we do encourage our guests to support the party host by making a purchase or placing an order. Plus, with our special promotions and discounts, it's a great opportunity to stock up on kitchen essentials or try out new products.

5. Can I still attend a Pampered Chef Grand Opening if I didn't receive an invitation?

Yes, you are still welcome to attend a Pampered Chef Grand Opening even if you didn't receive a personal invitation. We always welcome new guests and would love to have you join us. You can check the event details on social media or reach out to the party host for more information. We look forward to seeing you there!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jwann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • topchef.heather