• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Closing August 29th Host Show & Earning Double Points Incentive"

In summary, this host booked a show for the end of the month that will have special guests and bonuses for those who close the show on time.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host who just booked August 29th. I really want to get that show closed in August, so I can get the double points incentive. What do you think I should say to her? Should I bring up the fact that the change of catalog/new season/last chance at discontinued items means that orders might take some time or products might be unavailable? Or is that a negative?

Be honest and maybe offer an extra perk for getting it closed by the 31st. Make sure she tries to collect orders before the show for those not attending so she wont feel the need to keep the show open to get those.

Coach like you would any other host. Definately push the discontinued items, but leave out the extra time stuff. Keep it simple. Once you get the orders, then worry about what happens w/ HO.
Tell the host you NEED to close the show by the 31st, and make sure she has all outside orders done BEFORE the show. You have plenty of time until then to coach her well enough. Make sure her list is ready, so that will not hold you up either.

I would say that you absolutely have to submit the show by 11:59 pm Chicago time on Aug. 31 in order for the guests and host to earn the August specials. They won't know that you can close the next month and have the specials from the prior month apply.

I would tell her to work on outside orders as aggressively as she/he can and have them ready to go when you get to the show.

If he/she asks what the Sept. specials are just say that you do not know at this time but you do know that August's specials are INCREDIBLE :D

Have you ever closed the show the night/day of the show? This can work quite well. Tell her you are working towards a goal set by the home office, remind her that there are a number of products that will be discontinued and the sooner the show order is placed the less likely there will be any delays, give her a free $10 product. (add it to her order once everything is paid and you will pay for it at her host discount).

I agree with the "be honest" post. If you tell her that it has to be done by the end of the month to get the guest / host specials, but someone books off her and she sees that it doesn't happen that way, you'll lose her respect because she'll know you lied. Especially with that awesome September special you'll be mentioning when trying to get bookings -- don't want her to think she can have an August show and get the cookware 60% off.

During June SAT I had a couple of people with end of the month shows that I had to push. I told them that I was trying hard to earn extra products because I was new in the business, and they wanted to help me succeed. Had I run into any issues, I was thinking of offering them a bonus -- if you think they might need a push then I'd pick a product they could use and offer it free if they close on time, and then use their guest discount to order it.

You've got enough time to get it handled on the front end, I think you'll be fine.

It's INCENTIVE TIME! Like everyone said above, be honest and let her know what you expect from her.

Give her an incentive to have X amount of outside orders before the show, and X amount of orders at her show to recieve "X" item or extra FPV.

Tell her that you need those double points and you would really appreciate her help. Explain the situation with the monthly special for her and her guests. And of course do your regular host coaching, expecting a big show!!

Debbie :D

Always be honest and focus on the host and guests!Host coach her to have as many of the orders as possible before the show. Just be honest and tell the host that she can keep the show open up to a week and that it would mean a lot to you if she closed it that night due to an incentive that Pampered Chef is having. You could offer her a special gift if she does and then just encourage her to get all the orders before the show. Another thing is that you could submit a catalog show in her name after the first if necessary. Just do the best you can with it, then accept the results as they come. You may not be able to get those points. Remember that it is important to stay focused on the guests. If you focus too much on what you want you will appear needy and sabotage your ability to serve your guests and host.

I have a good complimentary MP3 download on my website that you may be interested in. :love: It is calledhttp://www.createacashflowshow.com/join-the-club.html. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Give good customer service and if it was supposed to happen it will.

Offer her an incentive if she closes her show by the 31st. Tell her you will give her a special gift if she fulfills her order by then. Then buy her something from her wishlist that isn't too expensive. You can add it to her order making your show even bigger.

Tell her now that the show needs to be turned in to Pampered Chef by the 31st and tell her to get her outside orders before the show and to work on her wish list. Then the night of the party ask her if there was anyone who had said they would be there that wasn't and if there was anyone else she still needed to talk to. Tell her to call those people tomorrow (30th) so she can get to her next level... and that you will call her for the final orders tomorrow night or the morning of the 31st at the latest.

It is your business, you need to control when your cash/benefit flow is.

Sometimes there is nothing we can do about it though. The host will do what she will so be firm but go with the flow.

For about a year now, I will NOT hold a show open past the month it was held. If I book a show for Aug 31 I tell that host that it MUST be closed by the end of the night because I will not carry it to the next month. It has made my organization so much better now because I am not worrying about what host special is what and what guest special goes to who, etc. If the host decides to go w/ that date then that's the way it is. They also have a choice to make it another date but I will NOT change my policy. If a show HAPPENS to go into the next month, I automatically tell them that I will give them that months host and guest specials. So far so good and I have not had a problem from anyone about it.

If the host wants to do it, then hold the show on that night and close it up quick!

Amanda -you might have to coach this hostess a little more than usual. but I REALLY don't think there is anything wrong with closing your show by the end of the month - ESPECIALLY when it is to meet personal goals.

Just tell her 'we need to close by the 31st.' - end of story. :)

Related to Tips for Closing August 29th Host Show & Earning Double Points Incentive"

1. How can I maximize my sales and earn double points during the August 29th host show?

To maximize your sales and earn double points, be sure to promote the host show to as many people as possible. Utilize social media, send out personalized invitations, and offer special discounts or incentives for attendees. Additionally, make sure to showcase the products and their benefits during the show to encourage purchases.

2. Can I earn double points on any product purchases during the host show?

Yes, you can earn double points on any product purchases made during the host show. This includes both regular products and new products. The only exception is if the product is marked as being ineligible for the double points incentive.

3. When will I receive my double points for the host show purchases?

You will receive your double points for the host show purchases within 5-7 business days after the show has ended. This allows for time to process and verify all orders.

4. Do I need to be a consultant to earn double points during the host show?

No, you do not need to be a consultant to earn double points during the host show. The double points incentive is open to all customers who make purchases during the designated timeframe.

5. Can I earn double points on multiple host shows during the August 29th promotion?

Yes, you can earn double points on multiple host shows during the August 29th promotion. As long as the show dates fall within the designated timeframe, you can earn double points on all qualifying purchases. However, keep in mind that the double points incentive is limited to one per host show, so you will not be able to earn double points on the same show multiple times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Manda2831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • ChefLisa