• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show in August, Closing in September

In summary, the show on August 31st will not count towards your sales commission, but it will count towards your September commission if it closes on September 1st.
Manda2831
Gold Member
Hi there everyone! I'm not really sure where to post this, so I thought I would try the most active section. I joined PC on Friday, August 21st and have my first show booked on this coming Saturday (August 29th) If we are planning on closing the show on September 1st, should I be using the catalogs from August, or the new catalogs and which Guest/Host specials should I be offering? This one has me stumped. Thanks everyone!

It's an August show, so you use the Spring/Summer catalogs, and the August Host/Guest Specials. You have until September 15th to submit it. The only problem you may run in to is if a guest orders a item that is being discontinued, like the thermometer, if it sold out.

Thanks Holly! I really appreciate your help! Glad the Home Office sent me summer catalogs in addition to the Fall/Winter catalogs. :)

A consideration, aside from the end of season part already mentioned:

This show will not count towards your August sales commission, but towards September, if it closes September 1. It will not count towards any August consultant promotions, but it will also NOT count towards September consultant promotions. In other words, it will not count towards the bag incentive for Sept 1 - 15 (the show would have to be held and submitted Sept 1 thru 15 to count for that).

I point this out, because I missed two incentives last year for a similar situation - July show closed August 1, and I missed both the July and August incentives.

SpiritdancerIA said:
A consideration, aside from the end of season part already mentioned:

This show will not count towards your August sales commission, but towards September, if it closes September 1. It will not count towards any August consultant promotions, but it will also NOT count towards September consultant promotions. In other words, it will not count towards the bag incentive for Sept 1 - 15 (the show would have to be held and submitted Sept 1 thru 15 to count for that).

I point this out, because I missed two incentives last year for a similar situation - July show closed August 1, and I missed both the July and August incentives.

This is true. Just one more thought. You can ask your host to close in August, if you coach them a head of time, it is possible to close even the night of the show. There is nothing that says it has to stay open. You will get paid faster if it closes in August.

oh no! i think i have a problem...i have a show on aug. 31st...and i told her we could use the fall/winter caddys...i already gave them to her and she is already gettting outside orders...is this a big problem...or can i just put the show date on the 1st in P3????

You will have to put the date in as September 1st or no one can order the new items. They also could not get the August special (the free cookbook for $60).

so its okay to move the show date P3! good...ya she was really excited about the stoneware, but she is on vaca in sept and then works alot so is super busy so that is why the show had to be the 31st...im just glad i didnt do a big no-no!

pc_jessica said:
oh no! i think i have a problem...i have a show on aug. 31st...and i told her we could use the fall/winter caddys...i already gave them to her and she is already gettting outside orders...is this a big problem...or can i just put the show date on the 1st in P3????

I have a show on Fri Aug 28th. She wants to close her show Sept 1st because of the metal bakeware. So I'm just going to submit it as a Sept. show. I also gave her the new catalogs. I don't think there would be a problem if you do that.

pc_jessica said:
so its okay to move the show date P3! good...ya she was really excited about the stoneware, but she is on vaca in sept and then works alot so is super busy so that is why the show had to be the 31st...im just glad i didnt do a big no-no!

It isn't a big no no, just make sure you use the right specials.

It is against policy to change the date of a live show so that it doesn't match the actual show date.

chefann said:
It is against policy to change the date of a live show so that it doesn't match the actual show date.

well darn! guess i'll have to call my host and see what she wants to do.

1. What is the "Show in August, Closing in September" promotion all about?

The "Show in August, Closing in September" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef where customers can host a cooking show in August and receive exclusive discounts and offers, with the option to close their show in September.

2. How do I host a show in August and close it in September?

To host a show in August and close it in September, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a cooking show for the month of August. Then, you can place your order by the end of September to take advantage of the exclusive discounts and offers.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a show in August and closing in September?

Hosting a show in August and closing it in September allows you to receive exclusive discounts and offers that are not available at any other time of the year. It also gives you more time to plan and prepare for your show, as well as the opportunity to earn free and discounted products.

4. Can I still participate in the promotion if I am unable to host a show in August?

Unfortunately, the "Show in August, Closing in September" promotion is only applicable to shows hosted in the month of August. However, you can still take advantage of other promotions and offers available through Pampered Chef at any time.

5. How can I find a Pampered Chef consultant to host a show with?

You can find a Pampered Chef consultant in your area by visiting the "Find a Consultant" page on our website. Simply enter your location and you will be provided with a list of consultants near you who can help you host a show in August and close it in September.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • ally44
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies