• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throw the Ultimate '80s Party: Ideas & Inspiration!

In summary, the group is planning an 80's themed night and is looking for ideas. Rebecca recalls eating a lot of Buffalo Wings in high school and suggests making them in a microwave, as well as other Wing-themed recipes. She also recommends a healthy Buffalo Wing recipe that can be made on a stovetop. Other ideas include a themed night dressed up as the Village People, wearing big hair and shoulder pads, and dressing up in parachute pants.
JaimeQ
We are doing an 80's themed night and was curious as to what to make. Anyone have any ideas? She has already got the "candy" that was out then such as some pop rocks, candy necklaces and fun dip. TIA:D

OMG! this could be so fun! You HAVE to do big hair! And wear your shirt collar up, with big earrings and tight jeans.

Pizza would be good.
Or anything in the microwave, since that's when that appliance really hit the mainstream.

A group of us that are going are gonna dress up as the village people but do it up a bit cause we are all girls... we are gonna do the big hair, the blue eyeshadow up to our eyebrows.....

Then I could do the micro cake:)

Or the chicken/pork. Because, if you remember (and you may be too young), everyone tried to do meat in the micro, but it never came out. With those 2 recipes, you can show how it's supposed to be done.

Potato Skins were big when I was running around in the '80s. I think one of the PC cookbooks has a potato appetizer that would do the same thing. Can't recall which book, but they were a bite-sized potato skin with sour cream and toppings.

yummy sounds good. I don't have the covered deep baker isn't that what you use to do the meat??

I am deff. gonna look for the tater skin recipe though.

I remember nachos being the big thing when we were in middle school (late eighties)!! Maybe some on the stone in the micro?? Back in the 80's they were AWFUL and soggy in the micro!

lol I make microwave nachos all the time:p

I might be off...I remember Buffalo wings being huge - $ .10 wing nights, etc... You could do a healthy version baking them on the stomeware bar pan, cook the sauce in executive stir fry or skillet with enough room to roll them in the sauce, serve in SA platter and veggies and blue cheese dip in the Chillzanne. (Mind you, I am originally from Buffalo, NY so I may be way off base on this. Maybe only WE ate lots of wings...) :D

Hi Rebecca I went to SUNY @ Brockport early 80's and I do remember eating a LOT of Buffalo Wings !!!!! Don't forget the popcorn (we tried to make the popcorn in a brown paper bag and almost started a fire). BIG hair is a must and don't forget the shoulder pads !!!! Have a great time

Thanks yall for all the great ideas. I will let her know all the different options and see what she says.

chefann said:
Or the chicken/pork. Because, if you remember (and you may be too young), everyone tried to do meat in the micro, but it never came out. With those 2 recipes, you can show how it's supposed to be done.

hey - it came out for some of us! I used to cook whole turkeys, roasts, even hamburgers in mine. I actually had a huge browning plate. I was just thinking about that thing the other day.

And you never even had to think about whether or not those things were big enough for anything. They were gigantic! :D

Don't forget the feather earrings!!!:D

lol. well we were going to dress up as the village people but that has since been terminated. So now i'm back to square one with that... I am looking to see if I have a skirt I can turn in to a mini and then mabe where some footless tights or leg warmers with a off the shoulder sweatshirt.... I dunno yet...

BIG jewelery... bangles, hoop earings; jean jacket

I'm hopefully going to be going thrift store shopping soon so I can find some of these items:)

Does anyone have any parachute pants??? Don't forget 2 or 3 different colored socks OVER the pants...With high tops

Flip up the collars on whatever you're wearing, too.

Related to Throw the Ultimate '80s Party: Ideas & Inspiration!

1. What are some essential decorations for an '80s themed party?

Some essential decorations for an '80s themed party include neon colors, cassette tapes, rubix cubes, and posters of popular '80s icons or movies.

2. What are some fun food and drink ideas for an '80s party?

For food, you can serve classic '80s snacks like Jell-O shots, cheese balls, and pigs in a blanket. For drinks, you can offer cocktails named after popular '80s songs or movies, or serve colorful sodas like Tab or Surge.

3. What are some popular '80s games or activities to have at the party?

Some popular '80s games and activities include a dance-off to '80s music, a trivia game about '80s pop culture, and a karaoke session with '80s hits. You can also have a costume contest for guests to show off their best '80s fashion.

4. How can I incorporate music into my '80s party?

Music is a crucial element of an '80s party. You can create a playlist of popular '80s songs and have a dance party, or hire a live band that plays '80s covers. You can also set up a DIY photo booth with props and have guests pose with a boombox or microphone.

5. What are some unique party favors for guests to take home?

Some unique party favors for an '80s party could include mini Rubix cubes, neon sunglasses, cassette tape keychains, or slap bracelets. You can also create custom '80s themed treats like homemade Pop Rocks or candy necklaces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pckristinv
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pckristinv
Replies
Views
Staci