• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I perfect my Chocolate Raspberry Martinis for tomorrow's party?

would that be something I could borrow? Thanks!At the last two shows I've made them for, I supplied the vodka and the hostess bought the ingredients.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Can someone give me some hints on making the Chocolate Raspberry Martinis. I made them last night, and it reminded me of drinking a chocolate milkshake. I had a bit of a problem using my 3 inch skimmer (i don't own the 5 inch strainer) to strain the raspberries, and will pry try the new colanders to strain the raspberries.

Anyone tried this? Anyone have any tips? I also thought i'd bring some Mountain Dew Voltage with me (a raspberry pop) in case someone doesn't want to add raspberry vodka (which I bought for my host to use).

Parties tomorrow and looking for ideas...

Malinda Klein said:
Can someone give me some hints on making the Chocolate Raspberry Martinis. I made them last night, and it reminded me of drinking a chocolate milkshake. I had a bit of a problem using my 3 inch skimmer (i don't own the 5 inch strainer) to strain the raspberries, and will pry try the new colanders to strain the raspberries.

Anyone tried this? Anyone have any tips? I also thought i'd bring some Mountain Dew Voltage with me (a raspberry pop) in case someone doesn't want to add raspberry vodka (which I bought for my host to use).

Wow...that seems pricey! :eek: Are you providing all ingredients?

Sometimes I provide some, or all, ingredients for my host (ie, free cooking show), but if we're making beverages (martinis, margaritas, etc) at their party, they spring for it. Liquor is expensive! Besides...what's left...they can enjoy! :D

wanted to say I've never made the martinis (it's on my want to try list :D), so I'm curious to see what other Cheffer's say...

Malinda Klein said:

maybe I am too much of a worrier, but do you think it is too much of a liability for you to provide the alcohol. God forbid someone drinks and then drives, couldn't you be considered liable.... I am no law expert so someone correct me if I am wrong.

I've made the Martinis and several other alcoholic drinks at my shows. I make it one time. It is a sample just like any entree that I would make. I also make sure my hostess has something for the guest to munch on.

Why would making a drink make me liable? If they decide to make more that is their decision as adults. My hostess always buys the ingredients or pays me back. But, even if I did buy the vodka they are adults. It isn't like I give one person 8 shots and let them go. I have never had a show where they slammed down drinks to get drunk.

I keep the alcohol level to what is called for in the recipe. Most of our cocktails are pretty weak compared to a lot of bar drinks. A true martini is almost all alcohol while our Chocolate Raspberry Martini is probably a third or less alcohol...

To answer your question about the recipe I don't know how using the colanders would be...other than messy. I used the 3" ladle and had to get assistance. I think adding the soda will thin out the drink and is a good option to offer guests.

I'm more concerned about serving half and half to my customers than alcohol...heart disease runs on both sides of my family. Land O'Lakes makes great lowfat and fat free half and half. In fact, I'm making Lowfat ones next week at my Fall Cooking Show.

ChefJoyJ said:
Wow...that seems pricey! :eek: Are you providing all ingredients :D

I'm only providing the vodka. I have four shows I'm making these for so the cost will be spread over the group.

I just thought it would be a fun second recipe.

Plus ill put away the vodka after everyone is served a sampling (leaving me in control of the alcohol)

I thought the 3 inch was messy and the new colanders would be less messy.
Hmmm

I do not own the 5in strainer or ladle so I used the colander set with lids (plastic colanders). This worked great with no mess.I made the vodka version and raspberry pop version. Vodka worked great. Pop version not so great, I tried to use the shaker with the pop and I couldn't keep it from leaking/overflowing due to the carbonation; the guests enjoyed them non the less. Next time I will add all ingredients except for the soda shake...then add pop and stir and pour.The guests enjoyed it and I made a joke about the fizz.

That's good to know about adding pop to this drink. I was going to do that tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Chefgirl2 said:
I've made the Martinis and several other alcoholic drinks at my shows. I make it one time. It is a sample just like any entree that I would make. I also make sure my hostess has something for the guest to munch on.

Why would making a drink make me liable? If they decide to make more that is their decision as adults. My hostess always buys the ingredients or pays me back. But, even if I did buy the vodka they are adults. It isn't like I give one person 8 shots and let them go. I have never had a show where they slammed down drinks to get drunk.

I keep the alcohol level to what is called for in the recipe. Most of our cocktails are pretty weak compared to a lot of bar drinks. A true martini is almost all alcohol while our Chocolate Raspberry Martini is probably a third or less alcohol...

To answer your question about the recipe I don't know how using the colanders would be...other than messy. I used the 3" ladle and had to get assistance. I think adding the soda will thin out the drink and is a good option to offer guests.

I'm more concerned about serving half and half to my customers than alcohol...heart disease runs on both sides of my family. Land O'Lakes makes great lowfat and fat free half and half. In fact, I'm making Lowfat ones next week at my Fall Cooking Show.

Because we live in a a litigious society where people sue for the lamest of reasons.

ChefBeckyD said:
Because we live in a a litigious society where people sue for the lamest of reasons.

Also, in some states, I believe in ours North Carolina) the individual who provides the alcohol can be held liable. Each state has different laws but I know that I won't ever supply it, just to be safe. I don't mind at all if they host serves it, It just won't be me that way I never have to worry about it.

You may just want to google your state laws about it to check it out.

Malinda Klein said:
I do not own the 5in strainer or ladle so I used the colander set with lids (plastic colanders). This worked great with no mess.

I made the vodka version and raspberry pop version. Vodka worked great. Pop version not so great, I tried to use the shaker with the pop and I couldn't keep it from leaking/overflowing due to the carbonation; the guests enjoyed them non the less. Next time I will add all ingredients except for the soda shake...then add pop and stir and pour.

The guests enjoyed it and I made a joke about the fizz.

Would raspberry (or berry) flavored juice work? No carbonation but still the flavor?

Would someone be able to send me the Chocolate-Raspberry Martini Recipe? I know it's in the Seasons Best, but I was looking for an easy print out of the recipe from pampered chef and the website won't let you print them out. GRR.

My host last Friday made these, but she (and some others) stated there wasn't enough vodka. They added ALOT more, and wahooo! What a party. By the time I was finished and showed the booking slide, those ladies were PRETTY silly! It was a HUGE success, I rec'd 3 bookings and it was a $972 show!

I DID NOT provide the drinks (and won't). Too afraid of liability

Right.....I do not even mix the drinks up....I provide our quick Stir Pitcher, that's all.

did I miss this recipe??

Here's the recipe. For future reference, go to CC; click on the Products & Recipes tab; type in recipe name or a keyword (in this case, I had to type martini as a keyword, because it didn't recognize the recipe name). It will tell you in what book (or C&U card) you can find the recipe. Sometimes it also has a link. If it's in a Season's Best, you can go back to Search Recipes, choose Season's Best & Una Muestra de The Pampered Chef, then choose the edition containing the recipe.The Pampered Chef ®
Chocolate-Raspberry Martinis
Recipe 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) half and half
1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (10 oz) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
6 oz (175 g) raspberry-flavored vodka, divided
2 cups (500 mL) ice, divided
Fresh raspberries and mint sprigs (optional) Place half and half in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 60-90 seconds or until beginning to simmer. Add chocolate morsels; whisk using Stainless Whisk until smooth. Pour half of the chocolate mixture into Shaker.Strain raspberries using (5-in./13-cm) Strainer into Small Batter Bowl, pressing with Ladle to measure 2/3 cup (150 mL) juice. (Discard seeds.) Using jigger to measure, add 3 oz (90 g) of the vodka, 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the raspberry juice and 1 cup (250 mL) of the ice to Shaker. Secure lid on Shaker; shake vigorously 1-2 minutes or until ice is almost melted and mixture is smooth. Divide martinis evenly among three Dots Martini Glasses.Pour remaining chocolate mixture, vodka, raspberry juice and ice into Shaker; shake and serve in three additional Martini Glasses as directed above. Garnish with raspberries, if desired.Yield: 6 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 30 mg, Fiber 3 g Cook's Tip: To substitute frozen raspberries in syrup, place 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) bagged frozen raspberries in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl. Place 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; pour over berries. Let stand 2-3 minutes or until berries are thawed. Meanwhile, prepare recipe as directed in Step 1. Proceed as directed in Step 2. To add a decorative touch to martinis, place 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Place melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag and decorate inside of glasses. Fill with martini mixture. © 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Thank you!

What ingredients are needed to make a Chocolate Raspberry Martini?

To make a Chocolate Raspberry Martini, you will need the following ingredients: vodka, chocolate liqueur, raspberry liqueur, chocolate syrup, and fresh raspberries for garnish.

How do I make a Chocolate Raspberry Martini?

To make a Chocolate Raspberry Martini, follow these simple steps:

1. Fill a shaker with ice cubes
  2. Add 1.5 oz of vodka, 1 oz of chocolate liqueur, and 0.5 oz of raspberry liqueur to the shaker
  3. Shake well until the ingredients are well combined
  4. Drizzle some chocolate syrup inside a martini glass
  5. Strain the cocktail into the martini glass
  6. Garnish with fresh raspberries and enjoy!

Can I substitute the liqueurs in a Chocolate Raspberry Martini?

Yes, you can substitute the chocolate and raspberry liqueur with chocolate and raspberry syrup, respectively. However, the taste may differ slightly from the original recipe.

Can I make a non-alcoholic version of a Chocolate Raspberry Martini?

Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version of a Chocolate Raspberry Martini by replacing the vodka and liqueurs with non-alcoholic alternatives, such as sparkling water, chocolate milk, and raspberry juice. However, the taste may not be the same as the original recipe.

How can I make a Chocolate Raspberry Martini in bulk for a party?

To make a batch of Chocolate Raspberry Martinis for a party, multiply the ingredients by the number of servings needed and mix them in a large pitcher or punch bowl. When ready to serve, pour the mixture into a shaker with ice and shake well before straining into individual glasses. Don't forget to garnish each glass with fresh raspberries!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KBender295
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
Replies
Views
Nanisu