• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle

In summary, some people like the trifle with choc. fudge pudding, while others prefer the regular raspberry jam. The trifle is also good with the chocolate mint torte.
PC_CPR
Okay, I didn't want to hijack the other thread...but I'm curious...what's everyone's opinion about this trifle?

I tried it at my cluster meeting and it was good...but now I'm wondering if it would be better with choc. fudge pudding like someone else mentioned. I've promised to make it at my Chocolate Bliss party this weekend so I need some feedback!!!

Thanks!

I haven't tried it yet, but I just put the brie in the oven made with the brown sugar and mustard...basted the bread with the basil blend canola oil - we'll see how that turns out...

The brie is awesome. We had it at our last meeting. Actually we all made something and everything was wonderful. I think we had at least 10 different recipes.

we had the Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle tonight at our cluster meeting the lady who made it said it was pretty easy to make, i didnt get a chance to taste it but everyone there really liked it

I wanted to try this recipe last weekend and see how easy it was to make. I asked my 15 year-old son if he wanted to help and he made the trifle by himself. It is very good, but I don't like the seeds from the raspberries so I have to think of another way to make it without seeds. :) I love the raspberry taste. Anyone have any ideas?

PC_CPR said:
Okay, I didn't want to hijack the other thread...but I'm curious...what's everyone's opinion about this trifle?

I tried it at my cluster meeting and it was good...but now I'm wondering if it would be better with choc. fudge pudding like someone else mentioned. I've promised to make it at my Chocolate Bliss party this weekend so I need some feedback!!!

Thanks!

I'm going to try it w/ the chocolate fudge pudding. I had it last night made w/ the White chocolate. It was just okay for me - looked prettier than it tasted. I LOVE raspberry & dark chocolate together - not so big a fan of white chocolate w/ raspberry - so I think I'll like it better w/ the choc. fudge pudding. And the friend that I am doing the show for won't touch white chocolate anything - so she has requested the dark chocolate.

I'm doing it for my Fall Preview Show next Tuesday - I'll give my opinion after that!

I made it and did not care for it, but it might be better with the chocolate pudding vs. the white chocolate. You have to use raspberry jelly or seedless jam which is not always easy to find.

Has anyone tried this with strawberries. I don't care for raspberry flavor, seeds or no seeds, unless there is just a hint. This was way more than a hint of raspberry. What I did really like was the chocolate mint torte. It was so good and I'm not a mint fan.

BridgetM said:
I wanted to try this recipe last weekend and see how easy it was to make. I asked my 15 year-old son if he wanted to help and he made the trifle by himself. It is very good, but I don't like the seeds from the raspberries so I have to think of another way to make it without seeds. :) I love the raspberry taste. Anyone have any ideas?

We bought the seedless raspberry preserve. look by the pnut butter in your grocery store :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm going to try it w/ the chocolate fudge pudding. I had it last night made w/ the White chocolate. It was just okay for me - looked prettier than it tasted. I LOVE raspberry & dark chocolate together - not so big a fan of white chocolate w/ raspberry - so I think I'll like it better w/ the choc. fudge pudding. And the friend that I am doing the show for won't touch white chocolate anything - so she has requested the dark chocolate.

I'm doing it for my Fall Preview Show next Tuesday - I'll give my opinion after that!

I would still try to get something white in the trifle (just regular cool whip maybe?). Otherwise, the color will be VERY dark. Maybe when you are supposed to add the white chocolate layer, do a ring of cool whip from the EAD (or a can of RediWhip) around the edge of the bowl and fill the center with the chocolate fudge pudding. That way you have the white for the color and presentation, but the chocolate fudge for the flavor.

Katie, that's a good idea. I may try it.

I tried the Rasberry Trifle a few weekends ago. I just used the regular jam with vanilla pudding and it turned out awesome. It tasted like those chocolate puff cookies, the ones with the marshmallow and jam inside. It was really easy to do as well.

I'm making this for a party on Saturday. I'm planning to make it the night before so the cookies have time to soften. Sometimes I think the key to good trifles is allowing time for it to sit.

I have been wanting to make this trifle, but I'm with Rae....I think it'd be better after chilling overnight. Because of this, I'm not sure if I'd use this recipe for a show.

I am thinking of changing the recipe up a bit and using brownies instead of the cookies. I'm gonna try it this way this weekend.

I made it for a show and brought almost all of it home. It did not have a chance to sit, and the host had a TON of other food, including another chocolate trifle. All 3 of my children were not impressed, and even after sitting until the next day, I wasn't all that impressed with it either. Of course, it sat in my car on the way home from the show, which was about an hour, so that may have had something to do with the flavor.

I bought the ingredients for this trifle today. I chose the mini Nilla Wafers so I won't have to break all of them in half. I'm lazy but creative. :)

I made it for my show last night, but made it ahead of time & brought it with me, I used french vanilla because the store on the Island didnt have the chocolate. Also even though we use the seedless jam, you have to use the frozen berries, which have the seeds in them....only 1 person didnt like it, but that was just because she doesnt like raspberries...;)

I made itI made it for our Cluster meeting. Very, very easy. Didn't really care for the taste of it though. Plus, as it set out during the meeting, the cool whip deflated and the whole thing sunk down about an inch or more in the bowl. Also, it came out looking nothing like the picture in the book. You would just about have to double or triple the chocolate mixture and raspberry preserves to get the layered look. It was kind of disappointing. :(

jenniferlynne said:
I made it for our Cluster meeting. Very, very easy. Didn't really care for the taste of it though. Plus, as it set out during the meeting, the cool whip deflated and the whole thing sunk down about an inch or more in the bowl. Also, it came out looking nothing like the picture in the book. You would just about have to double or triple the chocolate mixture and raspberry preserves to get the layered look. It was kind of disappointing. :(

So I made the trifle today with these alterations:
Used 2 boxes of the pudding (so 2 cups of milk instead of 1)
Added a layer of brownies in the middle, so instead of 3 layers of cookies there are 2 plus the brownie layer. (I still used the whole box of cookies, though)

I haven't tasted it yet, but agree with jenniferlynne--they had to have doubled (or tripled?) the recipe for the picture. Even with an extra pudding mix and a layer of brownies in the middle, my trifle filled about 2/3 of the trifle bowl.

That being said, I'm a big fan of the chocolate/raspberry combo, so I have high hopes for this dessert. I'll let ya know! (Also trying out the Ramen Noodle Skillet tonight for the first time.)

Hmmm... a clustermate made this for our meeting yesterday and it looked just like the pic. She said she followed the directions exactly. The one thing she would change in the future would be to make a little more ganache. She said there was JUST enough, and would have been easier if she could have been a little less concerned with making it stretch.

I've made this and I think next time I would use strawberries instead. I like raspberries but the frozen ones were just too tart. I agree that more ganache is needed.

Also, I wouldn't recommend letting it sit overnight, the cookies will be terribly soggy and it wasn't very appealing.

Soggy or saturated with yummy raspberry juice . . . matter of opinion. Mine sat overnight, and the people at my party loved it! I think it would be easier to do in two layers instead of three, just because they're thin layers. Thicker layers are easier to handle. For an impressive presentation, remember to start each layer on the outside and spread it toward the middle. This guarantees that each layer will be visible.Also, as far as the ganache, at the Test Kitchens Cook workshop I attended they suggested putting it in a zippered bag, snipping the end, and piping it around the edge and over the top. It will level out (which you could help along with a spreader), and it's an easy way to distribute it evenly.

I made it with chocolate pudding and did not like it and I LOVE chocolate. It was too mushy. I also agree that they layers were too small but I would not use more ganache because I thought it was very rich. The picture looked yummy but I did not like it.:(

I, too found that there was not near enough filling. I thought you'd have to triple it to have it look half decent. Mine wasn't a nice, layered trifle...it was a big blob of cookies, chocolate and whipped cream. The people who tried it also said it was too tart with the raspberries.

Winnipegk said:
I, too found that there was not near enough filling. I thought you'd have to triple it to have it look half decent. Mine wasn't a nice, layered trifle...it was a big blob of cookies, chocolate and whipped cream. The people who tried it also said it was too tart with the raspberries.

I loved the taste. I am making it for our cluster meeting next month so I made it for a family picnic to see how everyone liked it and we all loved the taste but I was not happy with how it looked. I agree that you need to triple the ingredients in order for it to look decent.

I could not find the frozen raspberries today at our Food Lion or Walmart. (I think Walmart was out, but not sure if Food Lion stocks them.) I am planning on making this for my Bunco get together tonight (non PC party). I have some frozen strawberries (without syrup) in the freezer, so I am going to try that. I plan on making this for two shows next week, so we will see if the host can find the raspberries.

Brenda, I love strawberries will you please let us know how this turns out.

TIA

I agree. I was really disappointed when I made it today at my cooking show. I made a comment to all that I needed to double up on everything because the trifle filled up only halfway. Tasted great but the recipe should be doubled or even tripled.

Has anyone tried to use the decorator bottles or decorator to do the Ganache instead of the plastic bag??

I just made this a couple of days ago. Mine turned out so very yummy even though I had made a couple of modifications. First, Giant Eagle just does not carry White Chocolate pudding and pie filling, so I opted for chocolate. With the whip cream it came out a light brown, not too dark. I accidentally grabbed the mini nilla wafers, but they worked out great, just used 32 on top. Lastly, the recipe called for sweetened raspberries and I was at a loss, I couldn't find any sweetened frozen raspberries. I tried one and agree they were way too tart, so I sprinkled about 4 packets of splenda on them and they weren't tart anymore. Everyone who tried it, loved it and I had seconds when I got home......

Hmm, I made this for a group and thought it came out real well. I actually did it twice for two different groups. It was easy to do and came out looking pretty much like the pictures. The video on the web site was really helpful.
I did use strawberries and the seedless strawberry jam.
All of my guests seemed to enjoy it, none was left. I am not sure how well it works to make it ahead of time. The cookies actually softened up pretty quick.

I agree about the ganache. There needed to be more. I also thought there needed to be more raspberry sauce. I also like Rae's idea of using mini nilla wafers. Breaking them was annoying, but you need the big ones for the garnish. I think it may not be necessary to break them. It was also better set up after being in the frig overnight.

I made it with the raspberry jam, and frozen STRAWBERRIES, and it turned out really YUMMY!!!

I too was wondering about this trifle... I am so glad some one posted it because it was a possiblity for this weekend and I am a little nervous! Thanks for posting!

Frankly, while the garnish with the nilla wafers looks attractive, I left that off. I just didn't find it necessary.

JAE said:
I agree about the ganache. There needed to be more. I also thought there needed to be more raspberry sauce. I also like Rae's idea of using mini nilla wafers. Breaking them was annoying, but you need the big ones for the garnish. I think it may not be necessary to break them. It was also better set up after being in the frig overnight.

I thought that that was the easy part. I dumped them onto my cutting board and then used my crinkle cutter to "break them up". I didn't even attempt to break them by hand I would have gotten bored with it very easy.

I like this recipe(taste) but don't like making it.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle?

To make this trifle, you will need 1 package of chocolate cake mix, 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of raspberry preserves, 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 cup of fresh raspberries, and 1 package of chocolate sandwich cookies.

2. Can I substitute the raspberry preserves with another flavor?

Yes, you can use any type of jam or preserves that you prefer. Some other popular options include strawberry, blackberry, or cherry preserves.

3. Do I have to use chocolate fudge pudding or can I use another flavor?

You can use any flavor of instant pudding mix that you like. Some other common flavors for trifles include vanilla, butterscotch, or lemon. Feel free to customize the recipe to your personal taste.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, this trifle can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It is recommended to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours in advance to prevent the cookies from getting too soggy.

5. Can I use whipped cream instead of making my own with heavy cream?

Yes, you can use store-bought whipped cream if preferred. However, making your own whipped cream with heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract will result in a fresher and richer flavor for your trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Carissidy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • KimberleePowell