• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choc Raspberry Cookie Trifle-Has Anyone Made It?

In summary, the recipe is easy to follow and yields a delicious trifle. People who like rich desserts will enjoy this recipe.
gailz2
Gold Member
I'm going to try out the chocolate raspberry cookie trifle tonight to take to a dish to pass. My host on Nov. 2 wants to do it at her party. Has anyone tried it before? My store doesn't have the white chocolate instant pudding, has anyone substituted? Any advise on preparation or substituting?

Just use vanilla pudding mix instead.
I used the whole bag of chips.
Delish!!

Yes, and it is an acquired taste. It is strong in taste also. In my opinion. I like it, my husband doesn't. At shows (I"ve made it quite a few times), some like it and some don't. I've never substituted anything. I can't imagine a store w/o white choc. instant pudding.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice. I live in a small town and they only seem to carry instant vanilla and instant banana (for "white" type puddings). They did have instant cheesecake, but only in the sugar free. However, they do carry the instants in Jello, Royal and Shur Save brands! When you used all the chocolate, did you split the layers with the extra amounts, or put it all on top?

you might want to refrigerate it before serving. I made it at a show, and it was kind of runny... I think it needed time to "set up"

It's very yummy, but I found that the ganoche isn't very easy to spread and it doesn't turn out as nice as the picture,( I have this thing about my recipes looking like the picture~ never gonna happen~LOL) but it is still soooo good and I have made it at shows and people love it.

Maybe at the show I can get them to make it and let it sit in the fridge while we take care of some other business? I'm so glad I'll be trying it at home first.

I just split all the ganache into thirds, as the recipe suggests. Mine was never runny, and I made it alot last year at shows. No one ever complained that they did not like it.

Great, thanks!

I made it Sunday night for a show after work on Monday. I made one big mistake and that was to use the entire package of chocolate chips (2 cups and I should have used just one) which made the ganache too hard after I refrigerated it. It was VERY yummy otherwise although some people "complained" about how rich it was. :) The suggestion in the PC directions about putting the ganache in a plastic bag, sealing with a twix-it and cutting off a corner and "squirting" it out is a good one. It really helps.

Anyone who loves chocolate and raspberries will adore this recipe.​

I used vanilla pudding before to still give it contrast to the chocolate and it was great. I think we also used strawberries once instead of raspberries.

I don't know if its still there, but you can watch a video of Karen & Lisa making the entire Trifle...its on CC....HTH

With all the suggestions I've read on this thread and others, I have just made this and it is sitting in the fridge. I have a very full trifle bowl. I used 2 pkgs of instant vanilla pudding with just 2 c of milk. I used the entire bag of Nestles milk chocolate chips, I used an 18 ounce jar of seedless raspberries, and the huge container of cool whip. I only saved out 12 wafers for the top and sort of crumbled the ones for the layers (as the grandkids wanted to help, you know). It looks yummy, and I certainly hope everyone loves it.Thanks for all the help!! I'll post tomorrow what people thought of it.

gailz2 said:
With all the suggestions I've read on this thread and others, I have just made this and it is sitting in the fridge. I have a very full trifle bowl. I used 2 pkgs of instant vanilla pudding with just 2 c of milk. I used the entire bag of Nestles milk chocolate chips, I used an 18 ounce jar of seedless raspberries, and the huge container of cool whip. I only saved out 12 wafers for the top and sort of crumbled the ones for the layers (as the grandkids wanted to help, you know). It looks yummy, and I certainly hope everyone loves it.

Thanks for all the help!! I'll post tomorrow what people thought of it.

SUPER SWEET AND RICH. I think I'll cut back the pudding to one, or none and just use cool whip, and the raspberry jelly/jam was way too sweet. I don't think the additional chocolate was too much. Someone suggested adding a layer of dark chocolate in the middle. It looked great! 12 vanilla wafers was plenty for the top.:chef:

Ginger428 said:
I don't know if its still there, but you can watch a video of Karen & Lisa making the entire Trifle...its on CC....HTH

Why is it that I can view the first recipe demo on CC but when I click any below it does not play?

Humble Beginnings said:
Why is it that I can view the first recipe demo on CC but when I click any below it does not play?

hmmm thats strange...I've never had a problem. Do you X out the screen before going to another demo...maybe that will work!

I've made it once with Strawberry's everyone seemed to like it though I did get comments about how rich it was, The first show I attended my director did it with raspberry's. I couldn't try it myself b/c I don't eat sugar... The video was a life saver for me I would never have been able to do it as well! I wish they had video's for every recipe!!!

So all of you who have made this... you used the ziploc bags and laid the ganache with it? or how did you layer it?

1. Can this trifle be made ahead of time?

Yes, this trifle can be made ahead of time. In fact, it is recommended to make it at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.

2. Can I use fresh raspberries instead of frozen?

Yes, you can use fresh raspberries instead of frozen. Just make sure to gently rinse and dry them before adding to the trifle.

3. Can I substitute the chocolate cake mix with a different type of cake?

Yes, you can substitute the chocolate cake mix with a different type of cake. Yellow or white cake would work well with the raspberry and chocolate flavors.

4. Can I use a different type of pudding mix?

Yes, you can use a different type of pudding mix. Vanilla or white chocolate pudding would be a delicious substitute for the chocolate pudding mix.

5. Can I make this trifle in a different type of dish?

Yes, you can make this trifle in a different type of dish. It is traditionally made in a trifle bowl, but you can also use a large glass bowl or individual serving dishes for a more elegant presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Carissidy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • KimberleePowell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • kam