• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Is Pretty Cute. I Got It From My Director. and Yes I'm a

In summary, there is a common fear among Pampered Chef Consultants called phone-aphobia, which causes them to avoid making necessary calls. This fear can manifest in various symptoms such as procrastination, stuttering, and finding excuses to not make calls. The cure for this fear is to consistently make calls and reward oneself for doing so. Some suggestions include starting with a small number of calls and gradually increasing, and using a physical reminder, such as a $100 bill taped to the phone, to motivate oneself. Finally, many others can relate to this fear and have also struggled with making phone calls.
bbauman07
Gold Member
This is pretty cute. I got it from my director. And yes I'm a phone-aphobic:(

This just in--there is an epidemic sweeping the nation! It is called
phone-aphobia and it tends to strike Pampered Chef Consultants especially
when they need to call hosts or follow-up on the booking lead from last
June.
Symptoms include:
*you walk past your phone and stare at it like it will attack you
*you shout "Hallelujah" when you get a busy signal
*you suddenly develop a stutter
*you try to pick up the phone and suddenly you have an irresistible urge to
take out the trash or do more laundry
*you decide to catch up on your emails and you justify spending several
hours because "at least you are reading about Pampered Chef stuff"
*you walk around your house practicing different ways to start your
conversation, "Hi Mary, Hello Mary, Howdy Mary..."
*when someone answers the phone, you run to the front door and ring the
doorbell and say, "Oh my, someone's at my door. I'll call you later."
The Cure: MAKE THOSE CALLS!
Just pick up the phone and DO IT! The only way to get over the fear is to
make calls consistently. Schedule a number of calls to make before a
designated time and then reward yourself when you reach that number. Of
course, eating a whole box of cookies after making one call is NOT the best
thing to do.
Maybe start with a 10-minute period then build up daily and weekly. Believe
in yourself. You can do it!
PS--I just procrastinated an extra 30 minutes writing this down to read to
you! Maybe I should go right now and make my calls--after I stop on the way
home to do a little shopping of course!

LOL. That was great. And soooo true.

That is so funny! and TRUE!!! :D

I Have The Biggest Case Of This!!! ( I Don't Even Like To Call Friends, Let Alone Semi Strangers) I Cannot Seem To Get Myself To Just Do It! I Am Looking Into Self Help Or Hypnosis Tapes Because I Do Need Serious Help With This Problem!

SO very true!!!! LOL good one :)

heat123 said:
I Have The Biggest Case Of This!!! ( I Don't Even Like To Call Friends, Let Alone Semi Strangers)

My problem also. Most of my friends have learned that I communicate through email not the phone.

tlennhoff said:
My problem also. Most of my friends have learned that I communicate through email not the phone.

Ditto with me!:rolleyes:

Here's a suggestion that I've heard along the way. We need to remember that the telephone is the lifeblood of our business. Go to the bank. Get a crispy $100 bill. Tape it to your phone. It will remind you that every time you make a business call, you are adding money to your pocket. You can also use play money, but it's suggested that the real thing make a bigger impression on your brain.

The Cure: MAKE THOSE CALLS!
Just pick up the phone and DO IT! The only way to get over the fear is to
make calls consistently. Schedule a number of calls to make before a
designated time and then reward yourself when you reach that number. Of
course, eating a whole box of cookies after making one call is NOT the best
thing to do.
Maybe start with a 10-minute period then build up daily and weekly. Believe
in yourself. You can do it!
PS--I just procrastinated an extra 30 minutes writing this down to read to
you! Maybe I should go right now and make my calls--after I stop on the way
home to do a little shopping of course!

It works I picked up the phone the other day and made about 30 calls to fair leads

bbauman07 said:
It works I picked up the phone the other day and made about 30 calls to fair leads

Way to go. Congrats.

heat123 said:
I Have The Biggest Case Of This!!! ( I Don't Even Like To Call Friends, Let Alone Semi Strangers) I Cannot Seem To Get Myself To Just Do It!

tlennhoff said:

I am right there with you two. I have NEVER been a phone person, I would much rather be talking in person, or I do emails, and sometimes chat. Even when I was a teenager my parents didn't have to worry about me always being on the phone. My cousin, we are the same age and saw each other often growing up, so when our parents practically force us to get on the phone together we say hi, and a few other things and then there's usually dead air until one of us says ok, I have to go do.... now...

My name is Gillian....and I am a phone-a-phobic! Some people are just so annoyed that I am calling that I am worried that everyone feels that way.

Get a crispy $100 bill. Tape it to your phone.

Are you kidding - my little money-obsessed 9-year-old DS would be off with that in a heartbeat!!! :D

I don't even think I have a $5 to spare, LOL!

1. What is "This Is Pretty Cute. I Got It From My Director. and Yes I'm a"?

"This Is Pretty Cute. I Got It From My Director. and Yes I'm a" is a popular phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to show their pride in their work and their appreciation for their director.

2. Can anyone use the phrase "This Is Pretty Cute. I Got It From My Director. and Yes I'm a"?

Yes, anyone who is a Pampered Chef consultant can use this phrase to show their connection to the company and their director.

3. What is the significance of this phrase in the Pampered Chef community?

This phrase represents the strong bond and support system within the Pampered Chef community, and the pride that consultants have in their work and their directors.

4. Is there a specific way to use this phrase in Pampered Chef events or promotions?

No, there is no specific way to use this phrase. Consultants may use it in social media posts, at events, or in any other way they see fit to show their appreciation for their director.

5. Can I customize this phrase to fit my own personal experience with my director?

Yes, you can customize this phrase to fit your personal experience with your director. The important thing is to show your appreciation and support for your director through this phrase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kisrae
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Evelynt
Replies
Views
akggirl
Replies
Views
AJPratt