• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking About Buying a New Laptop

In summary, when buying a new laptop, it's important to consider the intended use and choose a model with appropriate specs such as processor, RAM, storage, and graphics card. The size, weight, battery life, and display quality should also be taken into account. The cost of a new laptop can vary greatly, with budget-friendly options starting at around $300 and high-end models costing $1000 or more. Whether to buy a laptop online or in-store depends on personal preference and needs. For business use, a reliable processor, sufficient RAM, and ample storage are important features. Additional accessories, such as a protective case or warranty, may also be worth considering.
ElizabethPurvis
Hey! I'm desperately in need of a new laptop. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not P3 works with Vista. I know a while ago it didn't, and since that seems to be my only option for an operating system, I might just have to wait. TIA!!

I have vista and P3 works just fine with it. Had a few problems loading it, but that was 11 months ago - I'm sure they've got it figured out by now.

I just got a new laptop this weekend and it loaded perfectly with Vista. And runs sooooo much better than it was doing on my old system.

I'm also running p3 on a laptop w/ Vista. The only problem I've had so far is an update that failed. However, I don't believe it was a Vista problem. Tech support said there were several failures w/ it. I ran the manual update they gave me and it's fine.

I have vista and P3 works just fine !:)

1. What should I look for when buying a new laptop?

When considering a new laptop, there are a few important factors to keep in mind. First, think about what you will primarily be using the laptop for and choose a model with the appropriate specs. Consider the processor, RAM, storage space, and graphics card. Additionally, consider the size and weight of the laptop, as well as its battery life and display quality.

2. How much should I expect to spend on a new laptop?

The cost of a new laptop can vary greatly depending on the brand, model, and features. Generally, you can find budget-friendly laptops for around $300-$500, mid-range options for $500-$1000, and high-end models for $1000 or more. It's important to determine your budget beforehand and prioritize which features are most important to you.

3. Should I buy a laptop online or in-store?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and needs. Buying a laptop online can often offer more options and potentially lower prices, but you may not be able to physically see or test the laptop before purchasing. In-store purchases allow you to physically see and test the laptop, but options may be more limited and prices may be higher.

4. What are the most important features for a laptop for business use?

For business use, it's important to have a reliable and fast processor, sufficient RAM for multitasking, and ample storage space for files and documents. A long battery life and a durable design may also be important for those who frequently travel or work on-the-go.

5. Do I need to purchase additional accessories for my new laptop?

Depending on your needs, you may want to consider purchasing additional accessories for your new laptop. This could include a protective case or sleeve, a wireless mouse, and external storage devices. It's also a good idea to invest in a warranty or protection plan for your laptop to ensure it stays in good condition for as long as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • amerrigan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • KimoMakano