• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theWeird Email That Was Sent Out...

In summary, it seems that there might be some sort of issue with the new website. There are reports of people not being able to RSVP for events, and of people receiving gibberish-format emails.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Here is a screen shot of the body of the email that was sent out if anyone wants to try to translate it!

Attachments

• weirdemail.jpg
    weirdemail.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 599
Apparently you've been invited to something!

I'd hit "rsvp" just to see what happens next!

I did one thru the old web and sent it out my customers got in in spanish. Why thru old web because new web not working right

I tried the 'RSVP' ~ it doesn't go anywhere - lolI haven't sent anything thru my PSW since June 1st and I got this on my secondary email (the one where I am listed as a customer so I get the eNewsletter and such). This was not sent to the email I have registered with HO....

I got that and thought my new recruit did something wrong with her launch party invites. I guess it isn't her and is something affecting everyone?

My sister just e-mailed me to ask if I sent her an e-mail. She said it looks like it was from PC but was all gobbledy gook to her. She's going to forward it to me. I haven't sent anything out except my PC newsletter that went on on Monday. I don't have the new web, so I'm wondering if she has a friend who is hosting a party with another consultant and it didn't come through right.

It has to be something going on I received it and so did alot of my team members I thought it was one I sent out last night not sure now.

It is a template. When you create a document or webpage from a template, the pages will all look like that. Has the formatting, paragraphs built so you can get an idea- but the text is gibberish.Looks like a template page that they have missed. Report it to HO. :)

Yep, my sister just forwarded it to me and it's the same thing. It says "you're invited" and it has an RSVP button on it, but she can't tell who it's from. I didn't send it so I guess it's from someone else.

I actually got 2 of those one in each of 2 different email accounts. Possibly from our directors somehow?? I hope my customers didn't get them - not cool man, not cool!​

Got it too - Latin, with an RSVP button that goes nowhere.... A girl can hope that they are getting ready to give us new site access, right?

sushimommy said:
Got it too - Latin, with an RSVP button that goes nowhere.... A girl can hope that they are getting ready to give us new site access, right?

LOL..Be careful what you wish for. ;) I'd rather they keep working on the bugs. I can wait.

I know -lol- I want the bugs gone too but I have a recruit who has a recruit today and I would really like to see what she sees when she has questions!

sushimommy said:
A girl can hope that they are getting ready to give us new site access, right?

OH HELL NO! YOU DON'T WANT IT!! I'm a genuinely relaxed, easy going gal, but that new web is driving me to drink!

yes, customers, or at least past hosts received this...or at least some did..I have 3 past hosts and 1 customer who all forwarded it to me or text me or called me asking if I knew what it was...hmmmmmmm
Can't figure it out..I just told them we were changing things around and it was probably due to the changes...

I haven't had anyone ask about it yet. Are all of you with issues subscribers of the PC newsletter? (I'm not.) Just wondering where the link is on who's getting this.

kreaser said:
yes, customers, or at least past hosts received this...or at least some did..I have 3 past hosts and 1 customer who all forwarded it to me or text me or called me asking if I knew what it was...hmmmmmmm
Can't figure it out..I just told them we were changing things around and it was probably due to the changes...
Oh great. I got one of these in my secondary email address. It has my first name listed as a signature. I hate to think that my customers are getting this.

Oh shoot, does this mean I need to be prepared to have annoyed past host's and customers? :( I hope this didn't go out to everyone. They all just got my newsletter PC sent out on Monday, I sure hope everyone didn't get this today. They may unsubscribe next. Guess I'll e-mail HO.

pchockeymom said:
OH HELL NO! YOU DON'T WANT IT!! I'm a genuinely relaxed, easy going gal, but that new web is driving me to drink!

I with you sister I have not been able to do a show on the new web send host anythting on the new web and this is just for starters but the main reason I called HO everyday nothing no fixes as of yet.

Dina Atnip said:
I with you sister I have not been able to do a show on the new web send host anythting on the new web and this is just for starters but the main reason I called HO everyday nothing no fixes as of yet.

I entered two catalog shows and a cooking show at the show but all three were submitted via P3 because of issues that they are working on... It's gonna be great, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be great...

Back to subject: I just got a call from a customer/past host who got that email. She was worried that PC was hacked. We chatted a little and she is going to call me back to place an order to help a host out (she doesn't even know the other host). One way to make lemonade...

I was worried this was a SPAM or virus or something with the foreign language. Plus, it was sent to an email address that I do not ever use for my Pampered biz....I did not click on the link.

It appears to have gone out to a lot of people. It's Latin and the translation is very bizzare!

pamperedlinda said:
It's Latin and the translation is very bizzare!

BIZARRE IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!! It really does translate with some sort of "gotcha, you've been infected" attitude.

I haven't gotten the email but just got it forwarded to me from a friend who got it.

This MUST have something/be connected in some way, to the new web evites. Her tag line for the email was "You're Invited!" which is what the evites say (unless you change them).

Somebody posted that they'd gotten it too and also posted the entire translation on PC's FB page. This is PC's reply:

We're so sorry. We are testing a new email system and accidentally deployed a mock email. Please disregard!

Last edited:
This whole situation is starting to really piss me off. We are a huge company owned by one of the richest men in the US and have a staff that USED to know what they're doing. There is no reason that emails should be going to our customers with out us authorizing the send. I don't care if it's a mistake. Someone hit the button. We were told to tell out customers they would never get unwanted emails from pc. And what do they get? A random email that looks suspicious.

Heard back from HO:Dear Amanda:Thank you for contacting the Home Office regarding an email written in what appears to be a foreign language that you received on June 7, 2012 titled: “You’re Invited”.Please disregard this email as it was sent to you in error.Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.Sincerely,Jill Ungaro
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.Yeah, that's not a sufficient answer, IMHO.

Too funny. There is some website that does that spoof Latin translation - I can't think of it at the moment but when I do I'll post back.
Some hipster working on the PC code thought it would be funny to have the test email written in that gibberish, I suspect - except it got away!

edit: found it!
http://hipsteripsum.me/

Last edited:
One would think that they would have sent out a mass apology/explanation email by now.

Uh, yeah, nowhere near a sufficient answer. Some friends on FB posted an apology for the wonky e-mail, which I copied from them.In the words of a blogger I follow "Shut it down!!!" Ok, he says it with supreme snarkiness about the smallest thing going wrong, but this web mess is beyond embarrassing.

I got it too....

" Dear Marcy:

Thank you for contacting the Home Office regarding an email written in what appears to be a foreign language that you received on June 7, 2012 titled: “You’re Invited”.

Please disregard this email as it was sent to you in error.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jill Ungaro Solution Center Representative The Pampered Chef, Ltd. www.pamperedchef.com"

kreaser said:

Home Office thinks this just went to consultants. Please, please, please email home office and let them know your hosts/customers received it too.

I received one. I am no longer a consultant but I am on the email mailing list for home office newsletters for about a dozen consultants... but it didn't say who my consultant was in that email so I'm not sure whose account was affected. This doesn't seem like a good thing at all :(

i emailed HO and let them know one of my customers, a past host, received it.

I also have a customer who received this. It really sounds like phishing, even though it says it's from PC (no company is immune). It's never a good idea to click a link or do anything with suspicious e-mails. Just delete them. HO should be advised of it.

I've always been reluctant to give email addresses to HO and never imagined this would happen. I had a past host from 5 years ago receive one yesterday, with her own name at the bottom, and this morning I have received one with another hosts name at the bottom. I do NOT use the PC newsletter service (I LOVE Tastytidbits), and am very upset that HO is randomly, even in error, sending these out.

I am quite surprised HO hasn't sent some sort of email to consultants in regards to this.

vanscootin said:
I am quite surprised HO hasn't sent some sort of email to consultants in regards to this.

I'm surprised you're surprised. :rolleyes: ;)

BethCooks4U said:
I'm surprised you're surprised. :rolleyes: ;)

No kidding....their track record the last 4-6 months has been very unusual. that's why I think they have new blood in charge somewhere. They were rarely REACTIVE, and were usually PROACTIVE in communication.

Consider how lucky WE are on ChefSuccess! We have a huge network of people who are in the thick and "in the know".

esavvymom said:
No kidding....their track record the last 4-6 months has been very unusual. that's why I think they have new blood in charge somewhere. They were rarely REACTIVE, and were usually PROACTIVE in communication.

Consider how lucky WE are on ChefSuccess! We have a huge network of people who are in the thick and "in the know".

I have been thinking the same thing and was just about to post the same thoughts! I have only been with PC since 2007 and it seems as though in just the past 6 months communication has been VERY DIFFERENT (vague/inaccurate/late/only to certain levels, etc) or completely non-existent!

I really do agree that there is someone new in charge somewhere.

I am also thinking that someone is probably going to lose their job over that email. It would be different if it translated into "normal" PC invite wording, but since it needed to be translated and then it translated into something weird...that is probably more of an issue - imo. I think those items combined made people think that it may have been something questionable. If it had just been a normal invite in English ("Come see our wonderful new grilling products, etc.") our customers (and us) may have been confused, but would not have thought of it as being a harmful email.

Last edited:
I just spoke with someone in career solutions and forwarded them a copy as they kept insisting that it was a Spanish email. I explained that this was Latin and translated into nasty things like the bite of the beast etc.....(took Latin for 6 years... many years ago!) Almost has a Satanic darkness to it. Kind of turns my stomach:mad::cry:

What is sad, is that they don't even know what went out!
Kind of scary though to think these templates would have that kind of stuff in them. (It really does look like the canned templates when you first create a webpage from software. I see the same similar things when I start a fresh newsletter from a template for our Scouts. Never tried to translate it though!).

Here is the translation if you guys want to read it ~ also, the RSVP button does not work..."Yet even if we and you will receive at least one more category. You need a pain in the mouth of the beast that he was born, play, meet at the square. Or, I come here in vain, silly us about the power loss. However, if you know there's constant to his country.Failed, it's windy here too, or more, any more pain. There's no time that you know very little. But I am speaking with more power and call a member. I shake the food idea CLEAN drive here. You here, you can KEEP your mouth, hatred, keenly, to fall, it is more natural or get revenge. CLEAN START us an indication of support to allow the mouth.Just here, and we meet or work, or more so, or claim, as you, Neo. And the streets in vain, and he is just a village. We take you to overwhelm you DIE accuracy, allowing great, but the claim. PRECEDE Posted by: I wish it was more normal. You can reject the appeal and Mara, and more. I hope we can letatio slowly, turn on, an my death your heirs."

Ummm... holy $*^t! Pardon my language but that word ain't nothing compared to what that email translated says. Reading it in the Latin sounds like a ritual you would see in group circle horror movie chanting naked around a fire. The translation is even scarier!

Chef Peg, that was an interesting article! But perhaps "filler text" should be replaced with "this is what text will look like when you type it into the template" or "the quick brown fox jumped over the fence" lol!

Just saw this exchange on PC's FB comments section:

Andrea 'Dolney' Mullenmeister
I would like to suggest issuing a formal apology statement and sending it to everyone that received the (at least) 2 spam emails from the testing. Many of my customers are quite upset and I think an apology would help...

The Pampered Chef
Hi Andrea - we are following up with an email to the same addresses that accidentally received the tests. We do apologize to you and your customers.

ChefPeg said:
Just saw this exchange on PC's FB comments section:

Andrea 'Dolney' Mullenmeister
I would like to suggest issuing a formal apology statement and sending it to everyone that received the (at least) 2 spam emails from the testing. Many of my customers are quite upset and I think an apology would help...

The Pampered Chef
Hi Andrea - we are following up with an email to the same addresses that accidentally received the tests. We do apologize to you and your customers.

I think it's pretty bad that we have to ask for an apology, and that PC is saying "we are following up" instead of "already done".

vanscootin said:
Chef Peg, that was an interesting article! But perhaps "filler text" should be replaced with "this is what text will look like when you type it into the template" or "the quick brown fox jumped over the fence" lol!

I agree. In the early days of Microsoft Publisher, their templates used the Lorem Ipsum text. Now it's English with explanations about the text box size, what its purpose is, etc. Sometimes they throw the Lorem Ipsum in for additional filler.

Last edited:
NooraK said:
I think it's pretty bad that we have to ask for an apology, and that PC is saying "we are following up" instead of "already done".

Yes. How hard is it to send an email right away? My guess- they don't even KNOW who received the email!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the email?</h2><p>The purpose of the email is to share a screenshot of a strange email that was sent out and to ask for help in translating its contents.</p><h2>2. Who sent the email?</h2><p>The sender of the email is not specified in the screenshot. It could be someone within the company or an external source.</p><h2>3. What is the significance of the email?</h2><p>The significance of the email is unclear. It may be a prank, a mistake, or a legitimate message in a foreign language.</p><h2>4. Can I see a translation of the email?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the email does not provide a translation. The sender is asking for help from others to decipher the message.</p><h2>5. Is there any concern about the email?</h2><p>It is unclear if there is any concern about the email. The sender may just be curious about its contents or there could be a potential issue with the message.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the email?

The purpose of the email is to share a screenshot of a strange email that was sent out and to ask for help in translating its contents.

2. Who sent the email?

The sender of the email is not specified in the screenshot. It could be someone within the company or an external source.

3. What is the significance of the email?

The significance of the email is unclear. It may be a prank, a mistake, or a legitimate message in a foreign language.

4. Can I see a translation of the email?

Unfortunately, the email does not provide a translation. The sender is asking for help from others to decipher the message.

5. Is there any concern about the email?

It is unclear if there is any concern about the email. The sender may just be curious about its contents or there could be a potential issue with the message.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• California Girl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
Replies