• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Fraudulent Email Alert: Beware of Phishing Schemes

In summary, a phishing scheme is a type of fraud where scammers try to obtain sensitive information by posing as a legitimate entity through email or other forms of communication. To recognize a fraudulent email, look for a sense of urgency or rewards in exchange for personal information, suspicious links or attachments, and always double-check the sender's email address and content. If you receive a suspicious email, do not respond or click on anything, but instead report it to the company or organization being impersonated and delete it immediately. To protect yourself from phishing schemes, never share personal information through email, be cautious of emails asking for sensitive information, verify the sender's identity, and use strong and unique passwords. If you have already fallen for a phishing scheme, contact
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I just received this email from my husband. It was sent to everyone in his company. I know we use FedEx now but it doesn't hurt to be aware.

Subject: Fraudulent Email Alert

We have become aware there is a fraudulent email being sent that says it is coming from UPS and leads the reader to believe that a UPS shipment could not be delivered. The reader is advised to open an attachment reportedly containing a waybill for the shipment to be picked up.

This email attachment contains a virus. We recommend that you do not open the attachment, but delete the email immediately.

UPS may send official notification messages on occasion, but they rarely include attachments. If you receive a notification message that includes an attachment and are in doubt about its authenticity, please contact [email protected].

Thanks Great info to have

along the same lines....a friend told me today her husband got an email on his Blackberry that siad his airline tickets were ready....he hadn't ordered airline tickets and when he opened the email, VIRUS!

Thanks for sharing these. It is sad that so many of these hoaxes/virus problems are surrounding all of us. I purposely check my DH's e-mail account before I let him read his mail to make sure he doesn't open bad e-mails as he wouldn't know any better right now.

Thanks Beth!

What is a phishing scheme?

A phishing scheme is a type of fraud where scammers try to obtain sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details, by posing as a legitimate entity through email or other forms of communication.

How can I recognize a fraudulent email?

Fraudulent emails often have a sense of urgency or offer a reward in exchange for personal information. They may also contain suspicious links or attachments. Always be cautious when providing personal information and double-check the sender's email address and the content of the email.

What should I do if I receive a suspicious email?

If you receive an email that you believe to be fraudulent, do not respond or click on any links or attachments. Instead, report it to the company or organization being impersonated and delete the email immediately.

How can I protect myself from phishing schemes?

To protect yourself from phishing schemes, never share personal information through email or other forms of communication. Be cautious of emails that ask for sensitive information and always verify the sender's identity before responding. It is also recommended to use strong and unique passwords for all your accounts.

What should I do if I have already fallen for a phishing scheme?

If you have already provided personal information to a fraudulent email, contact the company or organization being impersonated and inform them of the situation. You should also change your passwords immediately and monitor your accounts for any suspicious activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
micocina
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies