• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Fraudulent Emails Claiming to be from UPS

In summary, the conversation was about a fraudulent email being sent from what appears to be UPS, prompting the receiver to open an attachment that contains a virus. The email recommends deleting the email immediately and contacting [email protected] if there are any doubts about its authenticity. The speakers had also received similar fraudulent emails from other companies and discussed how to handle them.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I just received this email from my husband. It was sent to everyone in his company. I know we use FedEx now but it doesn't hurt to be aware.

Subject: Fraudulent Email Alert

We have become aware there is a fraudulent email being sent that says it is coming from UPS and leads the reader to believe that a UPS shipment could not be delivered. The reader is advised to open an attachment reportedly containing a waybill for the shipment to be picked up.

This email attachment contains a virus. We recommend that you do not open the attachment, but delete the email immediately.

UPS may send official notification messages on occasion, but they rarely include attachments. If you receive a notification message that includes an attachment and are in doubt about its authenticity, please contact [email protected].

I got that!!! It looked suspicious so I didn't open it and deleted it. I figure they leave a sticky on my gate if something can't be delivered. The e-mail looked fishy.

Addie4TLC said:
I got that!!! It looked suspicious so I didn't open it and deleted it. I figure they leave a sticky on my gate if something can't be delivered. The e-mail looked fishy.

:eek: I'm so glad you knew not to open it! I have gotten pfishing emails supposedly from paypal, ebay, my bank, etc. None of those send such emails out. I always send them on to abuse@_________ (whoever it is) and every time they acknowledge that it was pfishing and say they'll investigate, etc.

I get SOOOOOOOOOOO much junk mail it's aweful!:yuck: And that's AFTER my junk/spam filter. I try to be careful.

Same here! I asked a question of a marketing company one time and now they wont stop sending me postcards and e-mails!!! grrrr

Related to Beware of Fraudulent Emails Claiming to be from UPS

1. How can I tell if an email claiming to be from UPS is fraudulent?

The best way to determine if an email claiming to be from UPS is fraudulent is to check the sender's email address. UPS will always use an email address ending in "@ups.com". If the sender's email does not have this ending, it is likely a fraudulent email.

2. What should I do if I receive a suspicious email from UPS?

If you receive an email claiming to be from UPS that you believe to be fraudulent, do not click on any links or open any attachments. Instead, forward the email to UPS at [email protected] and then delete the email.

3. Is it safe to provide personal or financial information in response to these emails?

No, it is not safe to provide any personal or financial information in response to these emails. UPS will never ask for sensitive information, such as your social security number or credit card number, through email.

4. Can these fraudulent emails contain viruses or malware?

Yes, it is possible for these fraudulent emails to contain viruses or malware. It is important to never click on any links or open any attachments from suspicious emails, as they may harm your computer or compromise your personal information.

5. What other precautions can I take to protect myself from these fraudulent emails?

To protect yourself from these fraudulent emails, make sure to keep your computer's security software up to date, never provide personal or financial information in response to unsolicited emails, and be cautious when clicking on links or opening attachments from unknown sources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • BethCooks4U