• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Earn a Trip to Paris Through Cooking Shows and Business Recruitment?

morfia said:
I signed 4 this month you CAN too!! --prior to this month I had 3 for the YEAR!
go 4 it!

WOW!!
Good for you that you have your MOJO BACK!!
:):D

You all are so inspiring!

If I subtract everything I have so far this month (even shows that aren't submitted)...

ALL of my December shows would HAVE to be AT LEAST $870.80.

ALL. NO CANCELLING.

There is that lady that didn't pick out a date for December that is not factored in and then the holiday bazaar, but even with those, it's not looking so hot.

It's gonna suck to be this close and not make it.

I am not giving up till December 31st, but I am feeling totally discouraged right now!

Please pray for either a recruit to sign and qualify OR a TON of home office orders!

WAHOO!!!!!

I'm going to Miami :D

Who's joining me for Mojitos?

pamperedlinda said:
WAHOO!!!!!

Congrats!!!!! Yay! Looks like you'll have some good company joining you for mojitos.:):)

pamperedbecky said:
Congrats!!!!! Yay! Looks like you'll have some good company joining you for mojitos.:):)

We'll have to have a special DCS get-together!

pamperedlinda said:
WAHOO!!!!!

I'm dancing in my chair for you girlfriend! Mo-ji-tos, Mo-ji-tos, cha-cha-cha, Mo-ji-tos! :party:

legacypc46 said:
I'm dancing in my chair for you girlfriend! Mo-ji-tos, Mo-ji-tos, cha-cha-cha, Mo-ji-tos! :party:

Thanks!

Strangely enough....I can visualize that :rolleyes:

I'll see you in April.

Christ Follower said:

I am not giving up till December 31st, but I am feeling totally discouraged right now!

Please pray for either a recruit to sign and qualify OR a TON of home office orders!
Generate as many extra catalog shows as possible. You can tell them if they get just $150 in sales, you'll give them the Trifle Bowl. (But of course, they can also earn free products and a greater discount by doing more.) I know $150 sounds low, but ANYONE can generate that around the holidays. Tell your catalog hosts you'll honor the same offer to anyone of their friends who do a catalog show as well. As an extra incentive, you can enter them in a special drawing for something (you decide what) if they generate $500 or more in sales.

As for recruits, do you have a dear friend or close family member who LOVES Pampered Chef? Make them a risk free offer for helping you out. If they spend $155 for the kit and generate just four catalog shows right away, they'll qualify ethically to keep the $400 of kit products, receive 100PC$, earn at least $120 in commission, receive a free spring sample, and be entitled to order the spring sample packages at the amazing 50% savings in late Jan. [If your recruit has hosts who aren't local, you can buid their shows on your website to make it easier for them to submit orders, then just pass the info to your recruit.] It'd be great they can do an open house/cooking shows too, but if they can't, well, they can still qualify.

After that they can walk away. [Now before anyone jumps on me, this isn't as self-serving as it sounds. You run a very good chance of this recruit staying with the business when she realizes it's pretty darn fun and rewarding. The short term goal is your trip, the long term goal is still growing your team. You asking her/him to help you reach this goal just gives them a reason to say yes to something they may actually have wanted to do all along, but were hesitant to plunge into. A fellow director is doing this and already has two gals signing, one of whom admitted to secretly wanting to try PC out for months! My former HD originally joined for the kit seven years ago and is now having 6-7-8-9-10K months.]

Also, don't forget the amazing items on the outlet. There are some incredible sets being offered in the SA especially. Share the deals with everyone.

Remember, it isn't over till it's over. (We want you to earn that trip! Hope some of these ideas help!)

Christ Follower said:
If I subtract everything I have so far this month (even shows that aren't submitted)...

ALL of my December shows would HAVE to be AT LEAST $870.80.

ALL. NO CANCELLING.

There is that lady that didn't pick out a date for December that is not factored in and then the holiday bazaar, but even with those, it's not looking so hot.

Don't give up. The first year I earned a trip I made it by $44 at the end of December. It was my highest Dec ever. I shared my goal with EVERYONE!! You can get some catalog shows. Or do a mystery host show. I love those. Get 10 people to collect $100 and raffle off to all 10. I did one last November and it was $1400. I did one earlier this year and only 7 participated and we did around $850. So you CAN do this. We are all cheering you on.
;)

chefkugler said:
Don't give up. The first year I earned a trip I made it by $44 at the end of December. It was my highest Dec ever. I shared my goal with EVERYONE!! You can get some catalog shows. Or do a mystery host show. I love those. Get 10 people to collect $100 and raffle off to all 10. I did one last November and it was $1400. I did one earlier this year and only 7 participated and we did around $850. So you CAN do this. We are all cheering you on.
;)

That is what I was going to say for you to do. Ellen if you don't already send out a newsletter I would send one out for this. Let everyone know how much you've appreciated their business this year and it is through that that you've gotten this far! Let them know how much further you need to get. Break it down for them. So if 10 people step up and turn in a $200 catalog show that would get you there. What is your show average? Coach your December shows to reach and/or beat your show average. If you can swing it, offer these hosts the Host Special for FREE!! You can do it Ellen!!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies! I actually did my mystery host catalog show (10 people collecting $100 in orders) last month. And I DID send out a "can you help me?" email. I think that is why I have as much on my calendar that I do.

I will try out the recruiting idea though and keep on telling EVERYONE about my BIG goal! I may do a "Can you help me - Part 2 - Update" email for those who didn't get in on the first email.

After the show I just submitted, I am up to 46,678. It is inching along slowly...

I HAVE to do some super amazing host coaching asap! Thanks again ladies!

Good luck Ellen. My recruiting suggestion (actually not mine originally, is best with close friends and family...otherwise you may end up with a kitnapper. :( The best outcome is you'll not only earn the trip, but have a new and amazing team member who ends up being a future Exec. :)

Ok, I'm getting really close...

Miami - 52000 points and 4 qualified recruits

Have - 46004 points and 7 qualified recruits

I have 1700 to submit from my Black Friday sale with hopefully more coming in. I signed a new consultant last night who will qualify by December 15th. I have another consultant who is (hopefully) signing on Saturday.

So as of right now I need 5996. With my newest consultant qualifying I'll be down to 3996. Then with what I have to submit I'm down to around 2300. If my other girl signs and qualifies then I'm down to 300!!! The one problem, nothing on my calendar for the rest of the year except for a catalog show my sister (who is supposed to go with me to Miami) is doing. No one will book a show...it's crazy. I've gotta get on the phone this weekend!!!

Aruba for 2: 74,000 points, 5 recruits
Have: 66,253 points, 8 recruits, 6 qualified
Need: 7747 points

2 recruits still to qualify
$1000 in orders to submit by Sunday
A catalog show closing tomorrow - not sure where it's at for orders
4 cooking shows for December

Okay, once I submit all of my orders for this month I will only need 1814 points!! I still have one more show to go for the month on Sunday. My host from last night is working on collecting $150 more in orders and my show tomorrow is supposed to have 10 guests. I'm really going to make it!

Man if I want Disney (Level 4) I'm going to have to really kick it up next year!!

Chef Kearns said:
Okay, once I submit all of my orders for this month I will only need 1814 points!! I still have one more show to go for the month on Sunday. My host from last night is working on collecting $150 more in orders and my show tomorrow is supposed to have 10 guests. I'm really going to make it!

Man if I want Disney (Level 4) I'm going to have to really kick it up next year!!

You can do it!!!! How exciting!

I still have a couple shows to submit tomorrow, but including those and my consultant hopefully qualifying in December, I only have 2697 left for PARIS!! Holy cow this is getting down to the wire. I still have 4 cooking shows in December and a handful of catalog shows, but I"m not holding out much hope for those. I don't know about you guys, but my catalog shows have sucked lately.

So......We shall see what happens with these four shows! One is on the 29th or 30th of December so talk about getting down to the wire. I hope to have it clinched before then, though.:D

Keep going, Becky you are doing great. Yes, I agree the catalog shows are not so good. I think my highest catalog show this month was $400, but the rest were between $200-300. I even had one that was $155. with the host placing an order as a guest. LOL

Sandra I am so excited for you! You are totally going to make it! I still haven't given up, but I think I am going to need a miracle.

I have an $1140 show I need to submit still in the next hour so will let you know where I am after that shows up. (I think it should put me to around 3827 to go)

I did get a couple more December catalog shows over the holiday so that was good. I think both are just going to be $150 (they are doing their Christmas shopping through me) but I will take whatever I can get at this point!

If I am going to make Mexico, I need a couple more recruits to qualify. Well, first, I need to sign them! LOL!I don't have much going on as far as Dec shows are going, so hopefully some quality phone times the next few days will get me somewhere.

Good luck Sandra and Becky! You guys WILL do it!! How exciting. I'm so bummed I'm not earning it this year but I'm focusing on January now!

A fellow director picked up 18 (yes 18) catalog shows last week. She went to facebook and looked up folks all the way back from high school; she then emailed them an update on what she was doing these days and how close she is to earning the trip (it helps that she is naturally friendly, warm, and outgoing!). Anyhoo, she ended up sending 18 packets out all over the country.

I thought this was a great idea for those who have facebook accounts. Hope it can be of help to some fellow DCS-ers!

256 points AWAY!!!I added up my points & I'm 256 points away from earning PARIS!! When do Ya'll think PC will have the points updated??? It can't be soon enough!!!!

:party:

Wow!!! Congratulations Karen and Becky!! That is so amazing! Enjoy your fabulous trip!

Becky is this your first PC trip overseas? How about you Karen?

This will be my first PC trip EVER!! I am so excited! Ellen, I know you can do it! You don't want to get this close and miss it. I can be done!! Be on the phone everyday!

Have: 69,282 points, 8 recruits, 7 qualified
Need: 4718 points

1 recruit still to qualify
$200 in orders to submit
2 catalog shows pending
3 cooking shows for December

Chef Kearns said:
Wow!!! Congratulations Karen and Becky!! That is so amazing! Enjoy your fabulous trip!

Becky is this your first PC trip overseas? How about you Karen?

This will be my first PC trip EVER!! I am so excited! Ellen, I know you can do it! You don't want to get this close and miss it. I can be done!! Be on the phone everyday!

Pretty much it's my first PC trip overseas.:D I did to go Atlantis, but that doesn't count as overseas. This will be my 2nd level 3 trip out of the 4 I've earned so far.:D:D I just can't wait until this weekend to see if my consultant qualifies with the show she has. Everything is pretty much riding on that. My question is....should I tell her that??? She's had a hell of a start and has ended up in the hospital countless times over her first 90 days (it all started from a little cat bite-scary!) and I so want her to qualify just so she can reach that milestone but also so I can clinch this trip. Do I tell her? Maybe I can bring it up in a casual way...."Hey, you know what I realized?? If you qualify in December, that gives me a great chance at earning the trip to Paris?!" I don't know.:confused::confused: I don't want to make it about me and put extra pressure on her.

That's awesome, SANDRA!! ANY PC trip is incredible and you will LOVE it!

Winnipegk said:
Have: 69,282 points, 8 recruits, 7 qualified
Need: 4718 points

1 recruit still to qualify
$200 in orders to submit
2 catalog shows pending
3 cooking shows for December

Wow, we are STILL at about the same point with the same amount to go! You can do it!!!

Becky - I've told my recruits that I need them to qualify in December. I've told them what it means to me. Qualifying it with, of course I'm here to help YOU be successful for YOU but part of the benefit of recruiting is points toward the trip. When you qualify in December, I'll earn a trip to Aruba. Let me know how I can help you do that! Your team wants to help you!

Winnipegk said:
Becky - I've told my recruits that I need them to qualify in December. I've told them what it means to me. Qualifying it with, of course I'm here to help YOU be successful for YOU but part of the benefit of recruiting is points toward the trip. When you qualify in December, I'll earn a trip to Aruba. Let me know how I can help you do that! Your team wants to help you!
Great way to put it! Thanks!

Oooh, congrats becky and karen! you will love love love it!

legacypc46 said:
A fellow director picked up 18 (yes 18) catalog shows last week. She went to facebook and looked up folks all the way back from high school; she then emailed them an update on what she was doing these days and how close she is to earning the trip (it helps that she is naturally friendly, warm, and outgoing!). Anyhoo, she ended up sending 18 packets out all over the country.

I thought this was a great idea for those who have facebook accounts. Hope it can be of help to some fellow DCS-ers!

Kris, I'd love to see what she sent. do you have a copy of her message?

I'll give her a ring tomorrow and ask.:)

WA-HOO!!! I just checked the Incentive Calculator and I only need 1236 for Miami!! I have 5 shows for December and 1 catalog show. Do you think I"ll get there?! I better!! How sad would it be for these parties to barely qualify?

Ooo...I don't EVEN want to speak THAT into existence!

Chef Kearns said:
WA-HOO!!! I just checked the Incentive Calculator and I only need 1236 for Miami!! I have 5 shows for December and 1 catalog show. Do you think I"ll get there?! I better!! How sad would it be for these parties to barely qualify?

Yay yay yay!!! Good for you, Sandra!

Chef Kearns said:

I am SO excited for you!!!

I am still working as hard as I can to make something happen.

IT WILL TAKE LOTS OF PRAYER!

I have around 3900 or so to go but only 3 cooking shows, 3 catalog shows and a holiday bazaar to get there. I have not stopped trying to get more shows though.

I am still working hard for the Miami trip- I am still 1792 points away- I had a show last night, but it snowed, and only 4 guests ventured out- show is at $280, but she will try for outside orders. I have a show tonight, one Sunday, and a fundraiser on Monday, and 2 catalog shows to close. Seeing it all typed out, I am thinking, "No sweat!!" but I also know how shows have canceled this month for me, and shows I thought would be big, have never even qualified. I am exhausted trying to get all of this done, and I am afraid my poor DH is feeling neglected, though he would never say so. On top of the business, I now am having physical therapy 3 x's a week. I am considering throwing together a "last chance' blow out sale" here at my house next week, but not sure if I have time to put it together in such a short time. prayers and any ideas are very welcome.

Hi!!
I got on here WAY earlier today then got distracted with a million things.

Originally I was getting on to say my one consultant left to qualify DIDN'T qualify with her show last night (she needed $404 and the show was only at $200). So I was bummed, but was coaching her to coach her host to gather lots more orders after the show. So I wrote her all these tips in a big long email. I really was hoping she'd qualify so I could get the extra points, which would essentially clinch my Paris trip. That's where I ended the post I started to write, but got distracted by kids and a Christmas tree. So.....

About 5 minutes after I sent the email to her, I got another one back from her saying her host now had $397 in sales already!!! With three more orders to collect. So NOW it looks like she will qualify! I'll feel so much better when it all posts to the IPT, but with her qualifying and with my (lame) show last night of only $388 so far, I only have $693 left!! I still have 3 cooking show sin December and a few catalog shows to close out.

Looks like I'm going to PARIS!!! I am still kind of sitting here in disbelief. I'll be really celebrating onceit all shows up on my IPT.:D:D

Woo-hoo Becky! Or should we say, Ooo-la-la? :)

Congratulations Becky!! That is sooo awesome! You are going to have a good time!

My shows so far have been really low. I'm trying not to stress about it. I need about 1000 points. I have had 3 shows so far and have 2 to go. The first show is at $177, the second is is at $309 and the third is at $110!! Miserably low sales.

I've gotten a few online sales leads. So far that is at $150 for the month which is really nice. I think I'll be okay, but it would be nice to not be so close!

Ok, so this has been a really rough month. I've been selling for three years and have never had a month without a show on my calendar. I'm working hard though, calling people and trying to get something going for January. I feel like I'm restarting my business and I don't like it. I sent out a Mystery Host Catalog Show e-mail. I've had minimal response, but several people have sent in orders. As of right now I need $1084.75 to reach Miami. My sister is doing a catalog show and I know of a couple of people collecting orders. Last year I missed the cruise by 4000 points and was sick. I can't imagine missing it by less than 1000. If it's meant to be, I know it will happen. I just hope it's meant to be...

Sandra/Jennifer, Sending wishes for high sales, multiple on-line orders, and out-of-the blue bookings. (And I'm right there with you Jennifer)

iteachurkid said:
Ok, so this has been a really rough month. I've been selling for three years and have never had a month without a show on my calendar. I'm working hard though, calling people and trying to get something going for January. I feel like I'm restarting my business and I don't like it. I sent out a Mystery Host Catalog Show e-mail. I've had minimal response, but several people have sent in orders. As of right now I need $1084.75 to reach Miami. My sister is doing a catalog show and I know of a couple of people collecting orders. Last year I missed the cruise by 4000 points and was sick. I can't imagine missing it by less than 1000. If it's meant to be, I know it will happen. I just hope it's meant to be...

Good luck!! You can do it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.:D

Congrats Becky! Wish we could travel with you again. Next year!But I am with Jennifer--no bookings for December and looking forward to a fresh start in January. And I am okay with a sucky December sales wise (which will put me in month one of relinquishment because my team is doing nothing as well). I've had a terrible year personally (not business wise) and I need to just let December go and enjoy the season. My son turned 5 today and we had a wonderful celebration. I have some sales from customers calling me with orders and from the fairs I've done and will break it into two shows to earn the SAT product, but after that I am now done for the year.I need to decorate for Christmas and enjoy the season. I have earned Miami and we will enjoy it. It will allow us to visit DH's family--they are about 2 hours north, so we will take the travel allowance, go see them, most likely leave DS with grandma while we party in Miami, and have fun.

I'm with ya Deb! All (3) of the shows I had for December cancelled. Actually, I've had the flu all week and wouldn't have been able to do them anyway. But I am at $1k in sales and will hopefully hit the $1250 so I can keep on track with my HO Leads. I keep getting orders coming in so I am happy about that.I doubt my team will hit $4k... that would be the Christmas miracle if that happened! So I am looking to January as well and focusing on being really intentional about the 2 shows a week starting in January. So this will probably put me back in month 1 of *R* but will go forward from here.Can't wait until Leadership... I think it will be the shot in the arm we all need. :)

Colleen, your post made me wonder about HO leads. I checked it out and the lead benefit is given when you have $1250 in sales in 3 of the recent 4 months (current month excluded). I thought it was month by month.....

CRAP!!! I finally have the 5 I need and now I don't think we'll hit the $4k!! That would suck so bad I think I'll cry! That would mean that in January I enter relinquishment!! OMG!!

DebbieJ said:
Congrats Becky! Wish we could travel with you again. Next year!

But I am with Jennifer--no bookings for December and looking forward to a fresh start in January. And I am okay with a sucky December sales wise (which will put me in month one of relinquishment because my team is doing nothing as well). I've had a terrible year personally and I need to just let December go and enjoy the season. My son turned 5 today and we had a wonderful celebration. I have some sales from customers calling me with orders and from the fairs I've done and will break it into two shows to earn the SAT product, but after that I am now done for the year.

I need to decorate for Christmas and enjoy the season.

I have earned Miami and we will enjoy it. It will allow us to visit DH's family--they are about 2 hours north, so we will take the travel allowance, go see them, most likely leave DS with grandma while we party in Miami, and have fun.

Yes, next time for sure!! I think you are right on with enjoying December and not going through that extra stress. Miami will be AWESOME and you will start the year off great. I hope 2009 is a MUCh better year for you! :pray::pray: Yay and that's great you had a fun birthday celebration today!

I'm glad you are at peace with everything. I'm sure you will love Miami. :):)

Congrats Becky that is AWESOME!!!

<h2>1. How can I earn enough points to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>To earn enough points for the Paris trip, you can follow the 8+1 plan. This means submitting at least 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month, bringing you closer to your goal.</p><h2>2. What is the 8+1 plan?</h2><p>The 8+1 plan is a strategy for earning points towards the Paris trip. It involves submitting 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month.</p><h2>3. Can I earn points through catalog shows?</h2><p>Yes, you can earn points through catalog shows. For every $100 in sales from a catalog show, you will earn 1 point towards the trip.</p><h2>4. Do I have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>No, you do not have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip. The 8+1 plan can help you earn enough points without reaching Level 4. However, if you do earn Level 4, you will earn additional points towards the trip.</p><h2>5. How many points do I need to qualify for the Paris trip?</h2><p>You will need a total of 74,990 points to qualify for the Paris trip. This can be earned through a combination of cooking shows, catalog shows, and helping others start their business.</p>

1. How can I earn enough points to qualify for the Paris trip?

To earn enough points for the Paris trip, you can follow the 8+1 plan. This means submitting at least 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month, bringing you closer to your goal.

2. What is the 8+1 plan?

The 8+1 plan is a strategy for earning points towards the Paris trip. It involves submitting 8 cooking shows per month with an average sales of $700, and helping one person successfully start their business every month. This will earn you approximately 5,000 points per month.

3. Can I earn points through catalog shows?

Yes, you can earn points through catalog shows. For every $100 in sales from a catalog show, you will earn 1 point towards the trip.

4. Do I have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip?

No, you do not have to earn Level 4 to qualify for the Paris trip. The 8+1 plan can help you earn enough points without reaching Level 4. However, if you do earn Level 4, you will earn additional points towards the trip.

5. How many points do I need to qualify for the Paris trip?

You will need a total of 74,990 points to qualify for the Paris trip. This can be earned through a combination of cooking shows, catalog shows, and helping others start their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcont
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • MORFIA
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
Replies