• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Reality of My First Show: 4 Attendees and Few Sales

I had a show where I had 4 people show up and I sold $1200 worth of product. 3. if she has a fundraiser, don't give up after one bad show. 4. always stay positive and look at the positives, like getting your name out there and practicing your show.
DebbieSM
I had my first show last night and it was not very good. I invited 30 people, and 4 showed up. People whom I spoke to and said they were coming did not show up. The presentation went very well but I did not get very much in sales. I had the show myself and I invited mostly people I do not talk to all that much because I wanted to put my name out there. I guess it was a bad decision on my part. 3 people did say they would look through the catalog and order something. I have another show on Saturday so hopefully that will go much better.

I know that it is very frustrating to have only that many people show but you have to remember that only 1/3 of the people you invite will show! I had a school fundraiser last night and the host told me that 10-30 parents would be there. Well only 10-15 people actually showed up and noone knew that it was a PC fundraiser! They just thought that it was their usual monthly meeting! So, needless to say that no-one brought their checkbooks and I left there with $42 in sales! Ugh! I am sure that they will collect more orders but I am not discouraged! (I think my husband is more upset than I am!) At least I got my name out there and I did something completely out of the box for me! I am still looking at it completely positive and you should too! You got your name out there and people got to see the new products! Better luck at your next show!
Kristi

I understand you are frustrated....we have all been there. When you do an open house, it is imperative that you HOST COACH YOURSELF. If you are new, ask your recruiter/director to host coach you. You have to make personal invitations and let them know that you are going to teach them how to make ______. Make it sound like it is something they can't miss.

Look at it this way, you did get your name out there and you got to practice your show in front of a small group where it was less nerve racking.

NOW....get on the phone and CALL ALL THE PEOPLE that came and thank them. Let them know that you appreciate their coming and their order. ASK THEM IF THEY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HAVING THEIR OWN SHOW!!!

Call all the people that did NOT come! Tell them you are sorry they were unable to make it, but would they like to look at a catalog?? Ask them since they were unable to make it, would they like to have their own show so you can teach their friends how to make the _____.

This show is not a total loss...you just need to follow through with your BIG MAC calls (Big Morning After Calls).

I think we all can relate to what happened to you. I was getting discouraged after a party that was not so good and on my way home I listened to a CD of National Senior Executive Directors promotion speeches and I heard Carol Radu. She said that you cannot give up after one bad show or one bad month or one bad year you have to go back out there and do it again and again and not give up.

I know that I have had shows were 100 people would be invited and 3 showed up and then a show were 20 were invited and 19 showed up. Stay focused and you will do great!! Start preparing for your next show and keep your head up!!!! :cool:

Ginger Phillips
Independent Pampered Chef Future Director

Thank YouI thank all of you for your feedback. It's good to see I'm not alone, that this has happened to other people in some way. It makes me feel better about it. I did call my Director first thing this morning, and she basicly told me the same thing. I am remaining focused. And I'm thinking postive about my next show. Thank you all so much for your encouragements!!!

The big pictureIt's really hard for my husband to see the big picture and he gets concerned when I have a low show or low attendance but we really need to be aware of the larger view of our business. Here are a couple ideas:

When you have low attendance at the show show
1. host coach her to get outside orders and bookings - then recruit her!
2. use it as a learning experience - work more on the host coaching before the show with your next show

When sales are low at a show
1. do mac calls to ask if anyone wants to book a show or add to their order
2. look at the total show sales from all shows that resulted from the show and average it all together (don't forget to consider any recruit that you wouldn't have met - even if it was off a show 3 shows later!

I had one show that I drove 70 miles one way and it was $60 in sales (then we could do a show with 5 orders and no minimum $$). Anyway, I did get one booking from that show. That show was $600 and 2 bookings which were $400 and $1200 and so on... That first $60 show was so worth my time!

My first two shows were a complete disaster. I invited 50 people to my own show and had one guest show up. I did have $200 in sales and had 6 bookings from my family and friends but I felt like a complete idiot. My second show was my neighbor. She had 7 confirmed guests. Not one person showed up or called to cancel! Needless to say she was miffed. She personally visited everyone who was invited to her party and came away with $400 in sales and one booking. My third show (I was extremely nervous at the thought of another failure) was also at a friend's home. She was a teacher and had invited quite a few people. She told me that she expected around 8 people. There were 18 people there. Her show was over $800. needless to say things have improved tremendously. I have now done 9 shows and have had success at all the rest. My two shows in May so far are both over $600. Hang in there. I heard through the grapevine that March was a hard month to sell. Good luck to all and thanks so much for all the helpful tips. They do work!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my first show, even though only 4 people showed up I did end up with $250 in sales, 2 bookings and 1 recruit. I will keep my chin up, and hope for the best with the other shows booked for this month. I have a total of seven shows.

Thanks,
Debbie

DebbieSM said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that my first show, even though only 4 people showed up I did end up with $250 in sales, 2 bookings and 1 recruit. I will keep my chin up, and hope for the best with the other shows booked for this month. I have a total of seven shows.

Thanks,
Debbie

Congratulations on your VERY successful show! While I'm sure you would have loved more sales you DID get TWO bookings and A RECRUIT!! from just 4 guests!! That is awesome! Keep it up!

Debbie...I'd say that was VERY SUCCESSFUL! CONGRATS!! WOW...you got a show and 2 bookings PLUS a RECRUIT! You are on your way to Future Director! Did she sign up or just getting info??

Well.. I finally had my kick off show last saturday and I was stressed out about how many ppl would actually show up. I only been here (cali) for 8 months and only knew one person. Well I invited 30 ppl and only 7 ppl came. I was still optimistic because in my mind i'm thinking maybe all will buy atleast 100.00 in products each. Well...I was horrified to see that not only did I only sale 268.00 but not everyone ordered! I knew the presentation was good and the food was fabulous because they ate everything! Anyway, I ended up booking 4 ppl from that show and have 1 recruiting prospect. So one of those shows was the following day! My one friend called her friends and family. They all said they would come. 10 ppl came. Sales were over 500.00 I got 2 bookings and a compliment from a guest who stated she had been to many starter shows and was impressed by the quality job I did in my presentation! Now I don't feel like a loser. :D

Last edited:
Ginger,
She did sign up. It was someone I had invited and the day of my show she called me and said that she was sorry she couldn't make it but she was wondering if I could get her started. I think she thought I was doing this a lot longer than I was. I immediately set up a date to meet with her, and I have also brought her to one of our monthly meeting befor she signed up. She sent in her agreement on Sunday.

Thanks for the support,
Debbie

1. How can I attract more guests to my first Pampered Chef show?

One way to attract more guests is to offer incentives such as a free gift or discount for each person they bring to the show. You can also utilize social media and word of mouth to spread the word about your show.

2. What can I do to increase sales at my first show?

Make sure to have a variety of products on display and offer product demonstrations to showcase the usefulness and quality of our products. Also, be sure to highlight any sales or promotions that are currently available.

3. How should I handle the disappointment of a small turnout and low sales at my first show?

Remember that every show is a learning experience and not every show will have a large turnout or high sales. Focus on the positive aspects of the show, such as the connections you made with the attendees, and use it as motivation to improve for future shows.

4. Is it normal to have a small turnout and low sales at my first show?

Yes, it is common for first shows to have a smaller turnout and lower sales. It takes time to build a customer base and establish yourself as a Pampered Chef consultant. Don't get discouraged and keep working towards your goals.

5. What steps can I take to ensure better results at future shows?

Take note of what worked and what didn't work at your first show. Use this information to make improvements for future shows, such as targeting a different audience or adjusting your product selection. Also, continue to promote your shows and always strive to provide the best customer experience possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janicemccabepchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
brandynichoal
  • ChefDaynaDos
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampcheflynda
  • Becky0216