• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Disappointing RSVPs: The Reality of Party Planning

In summary, Hon had a party and only two people showed up. The host told the no-shows that they would have to order their food from the host, but only three people showed up and they drove over an hour to come.
ChefDaynaDos
I'm pretty upset because I had a party today and only had 2 people show up. There were at least 8 people that had confirmed they were coming. The host even spoke to them yesterday and reminded them and they said they were coming. 3 of the people that said they were coming are part of my family, so it really hurt my feelings when they didn't show up and didn't even bother to tell me they weren't coming. The 2 people that did show up drove over 30 minutes to come to the party. Does anyone else have this problem? I just think it is so rude for people to say they are coming and then NOT show up. :(

Hon, I'm so sorry! It IS upsetting when our show's go that route, especially if we are related to the no-shows. Keep your chin up and try not to take it too personally.

Crystal Patton said:
Hon, I'm so sorry! It IS upsetting when our show's go that route, especially if we are related to the no-shows. Keep your chin up and try not to take it too personally.

Thank you! I'm trying not to, I just wish people would at least tell me they aren't coming, that's all. :/

It's such a stinky thing when people do that. Hang in there. :)

I hear you. It's like they think if they say 'No, we can't come.' you are going to fall down in tears and beg them. So they say yes or maybe and then don't show. It's the whole 'it's easier to get forgiveness, than it is to get permission' thing.

This is the part of our business that sucks!!

I have a coworker (at my other job) who I invite to lots of events, some PC, some not and she often says "Oh, yeah, I'm coming and then the day before she tells me she is not." When I joked to another coworker recently that I was not going to attend 1st coworkers MK party, because she always bails on me, my second coworker said that it was rude! So I ended up being the rude one!!!!

pamperedcheflori said:
I have a coworker (at my other job) who I invite to lots of events, some PC, some not and she often says "Oh, yeah, I'm coming and then the day before she tells me she is not." When I joked to another coworker recently that I was not going to attend 1st coworkers MK party, because she always bails on me, my second coworker said that it was rude! So I ended up being the rude one!!!!

I had a friend that was the same way! I'd always invite her to places and events and she would say she was coming and then would bail, so I stopped inviting her all together and then one day she asked why I never invited her anywhere! :rolleyes:

Sometimes people do get busy and forget. What I tell my hosts when people who said they would be there aren't, is to call them first to ask what they want to order. I usually suggest that she say, "I know you were planning to come, and we missed you. What did you want to order, so that I can be sure you get it."

Ditto on what Ann said - take the high road, and call them as a follow-up. Just like MAC calls, do 'pre-customer service' calls to those who had intended to come.

Okay..gotta vent! Did a Relay Fundraiser tonight. Host told me to be ready for 50-75 people (over 200 invited)........are you ready for this 5 people showed up! Not even a $300 show! So she said she will try and get some outside orders....(over the last few weeks she has been telling me about all the outside orders she has)...well she had NOTHING! UGH!
Thank you for letting me vent...I feel a little better.

yep, this is the not so fun part of the biz. i traveled over an hour in a downpour....for 3 guests. i make it a point to coach the host to follow up with the no-shows and collect their orders.

the next night there were 25 people at a show to which 15 were invited....so i made up for it.

main thing is to not take it personally, even if the no shows were relatives. be annoyed with their lack of manners, but don't see it as a reflection on you

I always assume that a couple people who said they would come do not. That is true for any kind of party. Then I am not disappointed. It's all about attitude. Actually, I had two shows where only two people showed up and they spend as much money as my show of 10 people spent ($500) so I didn't care. It's not the number of people, it's the number of sales. I also try to get side orders myself to add to peoples shows. It helps me and them! Good luck and keep smiling!

1. What is "Guest That Bail Out"?

"Guest That Bail Out" is a game that involves guests choosing a prize from a selection of wrapped gifts. However, there is a twist. Guests may choose to either keep the gift they selected or "bail out" and exchange it for a mystery gift. The mystery gift may be better or worse than the original gift chosen.

2. How do I play "Guest That Bail Out"?

To play "Guest That Bail Out," each guest will choose a number from a hat to determine the order of choosing a gift. The first guest will select a wrapped gift from the table. The second guest will then have the option to either keep their original gift or "bail out" and choose a mystery gift from the table. This continues until all guests have had a turn.

3. What types of gifts are included in "Guest That Bail Out"?

The gifts included in "Guest That Bail Out" can vary, but they are typically small kitchen tools or gadgets from Pampered Chef. They can range from items like spatulas and measuring cups to specialty tools like avocado slicers or garlic presses.

4. Can I participate in "Guest That Bail Out" if I am not a guest at the party?

Unfortunately, "Guest That Bail Out" is only meant for guests who are attending the Pampered Chef party. However, you can always host your own Pampered Chef party and play the game with your own guests!

5. Is "Guest That Bail Out" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "Guest That Bail Out" is a fun game for all ages. However, it may be more enjoyable for adults who are familiar with Pampered Chef products. If children are participating, they may need some help understanding the rules and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • JennyJennJen