• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Conflict: Dealing with Multiple Consultants at a Party

In summary, Betsy's host told her that she doesn't want Heather's stuff out while people are at her house. Betsy is unsure how to say no politely.
flemings99
Gold Member
Here's the message I got from my Host for March 1 today.

Hi Barb,
I had some friends that were interested in the Miche purses. Would
you mind if Heather had her stuff out while people were at my house?

Just let me know either way is fine!

Betsy

Honesty, I want to tell her NO to having the other consultant put her stuff out. I've had this happen before w/out being asked and it never turns out to be a good party. The consultant in question (Heather) is the person she booked her party off of. How do I say I want it to be just PC without being rude?

I hate hate hate when hosts let their friends talk them into that. I have a group of women who do great shows with me and EVERY time their friend that sells Cookie Lee shows up--ahead of time--to set up. I mean, what am I sposed to say. I tried the "well, you know your guests are only going to spend so much money that day, so she will not do as well either...." no deal to them. Annoys me to no end when other DS reps horn in on my shows.

I would tell them no, especially since she left you the option of either way is fine with her.

Something like this usually works...

Hi Betsy, In my experience combined shows do not do well. People have to split their money and do not get the full experience of having fun at either show. You and I together have worked hard to promote your PC show and I would appreciate if we could keep it PC. Oh and if you decide to have a separate purse party I would love to come!

I've already encountered similar situations and had to write the e-mail. Here's what I'd send to your host if she were mine:

In my experience, people only have a set amount in mind to spend for the night and if there is more than one vendor, they are forced to cut down their order and choose what's most important from each vendor. Lower sales mean less host benefits for YOU. I know that you are hosting a Pampered Chef Cooking show so that you can get lots of items off your wish list for free and at a discount. If you are wanting to host at Mische party, I feel pretty confident that you'll want to maximize your host benefits on that show as well. The best way to accomplish those 2 goals are to host 2 seperate parties far enough apart that your guests get a paycheck between the two. I've been doing Pampered Chef for _____ years, and I feel pretty confident that you'll be disappointed with the sales of each show if you decide to go through with the combined party and more happy with the host benefits from 2 separate shows. ;)

Thanks. I've sent Sheila's response and will see what she says. I've had host spring it on me when I arrive and I hate it when it happens. One said, as the MK person set up, oh is it ok that so and so does a demo after yours?? Like you can say anything--when inside you are screaming NO! I appreciate that she at least asked me up front. Funny thing is she didn't want to give me all the phone numbers/e-mails b/c she doesn't want to "bug" people regarding attending the show, so let's have 2 at once. Guess that is her thought maybe, 1 bug and 2 shows = less bugging. Who knows.

If she is really adamant about it, I would tell her that once the PC party is done and everyone is checked out then Miche could bring her stuff out.

heather223 said:
If she is really adamant about it, I would tell her that once the PC party is done and everyone is checked out then Miche could bring her stuff out.

I like this b/c at the ones where I've been surprised with an extra consultant, I present my show and then the other consultant presents and I end up no one checking out.

Host e-mailed me back and said she was just trying to help out her friend that sells and would just forward the referrals to her and have her hand out her biz card at the party. That's better than a demo. Although, I've known the other consultant for several years and think that she wouldn't appreciate me drumming up biz off one of her parties, but oh well...

1. How do I respond to a customer who is unhappy with a product?

First, apologize for the inconvenience and ask the customer to explain the issue. Listen to their concerns and offer a solution, such as a replacement or refund. It's important to remain calm and professional, and to follow up to ensure the customer is satisfied with the resolution.

2. What should I say to a customer who wants a discount?

Explain the value and quality of our products and the fair pricing that reflects that. If the customer is still insistent on a discount, offer alternative options such as a payment plan or a free gift with purchase.

3. How do I handle a customer who is being difficult or rude?

Remain calm and professional at all times. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution. If the customer continues to be difficult, politely excuse yourself and ask a manager for assistance.

4. What do I do if a customer asks for a product that is out of stock?

Apologize for the inconvenience and offer to place an order for the product or suggest a similar item that is currently available. If the customer is unsatisfied, offer a rain check or a discount on a future purchase.

5. How should I respond to a customer who is interested in hosting a party?

Thank the customer for their interest and explain the benefits of hosting a party, such as free products and discounts. Provide them with information on how to host a party and offer to assist them with planning. Follow up with them to finalize details and ensure a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cheflorraine