• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friend's First Home Show: A Disappointing Start

In summary, Michelle's first show was disappointing because only four people came, and two were college students with no money. She plans to have another show next weekend at her inlaws' party, and is hopeful that the new baby will draw more people.
maestraMichelle
Today was my first show- it was a little disappointing because only four people came, and two were college students with no money. The other two were her parents. She is a friend of mine that just bought a new house with her fiance, she's young, and wanted to have the party to get some kitchen equipment for cheaper. Her parents both bought, so it was a $260 party, and she's waiting for one more order. I'm at least hoping she'll clear 300. She was just really shy about inviting people, and a lot of the people that she did invite canceled at the last minute. I did coach her to invite tons, because many people don't show up, but she didn't really believe that would happen. But I'm part way toward qualifying!

Congratulations on having your first show under your belt. Actually $260 is really not that bad for only 4 showing up. Encourage her to get some more outside orders together for you and maybe she will reach at least the 300 level. Don't let it get you down. I've had some shows that barely qualified. You're doing great!

Yeah that isn't that bad! When I have shows with only 3 or 4 people, it barely makes it to the $150 mark!

$260 is better than nothing! And you'll never have a first show again. :) Recommend that this host book another one, and she'll be able to get 2 host specials at that show, if it's within 6 months (one as a guest, and one as the host). She'll know better and overinvite for that one.

don't feel bad. I had 15 people at a show yesterday. The sales were only $240 I think. It wasn't my show, so I don't care as much, but if it were, I would be discouraged right about now. No one really wanted to order.
I am brand new to this as well. And although I already have my first 4 shows complete (all outside orders), I really have not started yet.
Good Luck and congrats on getting your fist show complete.

her parents obviously were trying to help her out by purchasing a lot. Maybe have her ask mom and dad to take the catty to work and get some more orders? And congrats on your first show!!
It was probably easier to practice in front of a small crowd. Yay!!! Great job!

Neither of her parents work, but they did include a couple of items for friends who said, oh pick me up a _______. They are also recently divorced, so neither one has a complete kitchen. At first her parents were the only ones there, and then her friends came like a half hour in. So it wasn't really a full demo like I would normally do. But I did get a chance to talk about the products!

Ask her if she would be willing to call the people who canceled and ask them if they would like to see a catalog. She can add it to her show or make another show out of it. In the future, make that part of host coaching: anyone who calls to say they can't come or they cancel, have the host ask them if they'd like to see a catalog.

JAE said:
Ask her if she would be willing to call the people who canceled and ask them if they would like to see a catalog. She can add it to her show or make another show out of it. In the future, make that part of host coaching: anyone who calls to say they can't come or they cancel, have the host ask them if they'd like to see a catalog.

I did, she said she felt like she was being too pushy if she did. But I told her to take the catalogs and outside order forms and show them to some more friends and to the friends that didn't come- I haven't closed out the show yet and she's so close to getting some more free product. I also mentioned the number of items under $10, so I'll check back with her in a few days.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'm feeling a little better about it today, and have another show scheduled for next weekend. It's at my inlaws, and its a pampered chef/meet the new baby party. Hopefully, the new baby (my new nephew) will attract lots of people!

Oh, to be in Phoenix, AZ right now. It's sooo cold here. Brrr! Getting so restless being inside all day.

Michelle, congrats on your first show :) "Fear of Being Pushy" is often a concern.

That's why I offer to mail the invitation postcards for FREE. Worth every penny in increased sales.

That's about as aggressive as I get, but it is in a 'good way":angel: . Good for everyone :)

More guests=more sales=more FREE items for Host.

JAE said:
Oh, to be in Phoenix, AZ right now. It's sooo cold here. Brrr! Getting so restless being inside all day.

It's 73 here right now, but my oldest is sick, and I think I'm coming down with something too, so we're kind of trapped inside :(

1. How do I host a "Friend's First Home Show" with Pampered Chef?

To host a "Friend's First Home Show" with Pampered Chef, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting a show. They will walk you through the process and provide you with all the necessary materials and support to make your show a success.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a "Friend's First Home Show"?

Hosting a "Friend's First Home Show" with Pampered Chef is a great way to get together with friends, try new products, and earn free and discounted products. You will also have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques from your Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Why did the "Friend's First Home Show" have a disappointing start?

There could be a variety of reasons why a "Friend's First Home Show" may have a disappointing start. It could be due to low attendance, lack of interest from guests, or unexpected issues that arise during the show. However, your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to make the necessary adjustments and ensure the rest of the show runs smoothly.

4. What can I do to make my "Friend's First Home Show" more successful?

To make your "Friend's First Home Show" more successful, consider inviting a larger group of friends, promoting the event through social media or word of mouth, offering incentives for guests to attend, and providing a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for your guests. You can also work closely with your Pampered Chef consultant to come up with creative ideas to make your show more engaging and fun.

5. How can I provide feedback about my "Friend's First Home Show" experience?

If you have any feedback or suggestions about your "Friend's First Home Show" experience, you can share them with your Pampered Chef consultant. They value your input and will use it to improve future shows. You can also leave a review on the Pampered Chef website or social media pages to help others make informed decisions about hosting their own shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies
Views
colegrovet
  • abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies