• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The 8 Point Show: Looking for Input!

This recipe provides 3 Points Per Serving. The recipe has 10 oz. of angel food cake, cut into 2" cubes. It also has 1 c. of orange juice, 1 envelope (four 1/2 c. servings) of reduced-calorie vanilla pudding mix, 2 c. of skim milk, 1 Tbsp. of grated orange zest, 2 c. of frozen light whipped topping, and 10 oz. of angel food cake, cut into 2" cubes. The recipe has 1 c. of orange juice, 1 20oz. can of unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained, 1 11oz. can of mandarinorange sections, drained, and 1.
4kids4me
Someone mentioned an awesome idea for a show - the 8 point show. I can't find where I read that and what recipes were going to be used. I'd love to offer this theme and would love more input on it.

I liked the low fat trifle I just made for the moms club - there's a whole thread on it, lol. No idea how many points that would be. Anyone know the # of servings in a trifle??

TIA! -Debbie

I talked about doing an 8 PT Party - don't know if that is where you read it or not.....right now I am doing the 7 layer Southwest Salad, and the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle (using angelfood cake)

Most of the trifle recipes are supposed to feed 16.....hmmmm, I guess it could, I don't know, I've seen 6 polish it off!

I could probably polish it off in a couple of sittings!!! 16?!? Maybe 16 toddlers, after a full lunch, lol!

Do you know how many points the salad and cheesecake trifle are?

I'm not sure if those recipes are listed in the file WWPoints - current.doc or WWPoints - retired.doc - but you might check those files out for the points for most PC recipes.

4kids4me said:
Someone mentioned an awesome idea for a show - the 8 point show. I can't find where I read that and what recipes were going to be used. I'd love to offer this theme and would love more input on it.

I liked the low fat trifle I just made for the moms club - there's a whole thread on it, lol. No idea how many points that would be. Anyone know the # of servings in a trifle??

TIA! -Debbie

I am guessing the WW document is outdated since WW has modified it's point system? Here it is

Last edited:
Thanks! That is really helpful! Love this website! I might be addicted!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing that! This place is such a huge resource!! :D

Updated WW Points...Here is an updated WW points list - with all of the current cookbook recipes, and Taste of The Tropics recipes......It's not from me - it's from ChefAnn!

And Debbie - the points for the 7 layer salad, using lowfat sour cream, and lowfat cheese, w/o chicken is 4 points....adding chicken makes it 5 points. (based on 8 servings for the salad)
The Strawberry cheesecake Trifle - using FF/SF cheesecake pudding and light coolwhip is 3 points! If you use regular cheesecake pudding, but make it w/ skim milk, it is 4 points. (based on 16 servings)

Let's try this one more time!Okay - here it is......

Attachments

• Weight Watchers 2007 points.doc
    70 KB · Views: 570
I am surprised how low in points the SB recipes are! Is the 7 layer salad in a cookbook? I didn't see it when I looked through. Your suggestions sound delish!

its_me_susan said:
I am guessing the WW document is outdated since WW has modified it's point system? Here it is
Is there a new way to compute the points in a recipe? I got the formula from someone (don't remember who), and I just use a spreadsheet to compute them. I'd hate to have to go back and recompute every recipe that's in my documents.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - here it is......

THANK YOU for doing this and sharing! I can't wait to bring it to my leader (I just joined)!

This sounded fabulous....Tropical Trifle

Recipe by: From Weight Watchers "Simply The Best"

3 Points Per Serving

1/4 c. sliced unblanched almonds

1 Tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut

1 envelope (four 1/2 c. servings) reduced-calorie vanilla pudding mix

2 c. skim milk

1 Tbsp. grated orange zest

2 c. frozen light whipped topping

10 oz. angel food cake, cut into 2" cubes

1 c. orange juice

1 20oz. can unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained

1 11oz. can mandarinorange sections, drained

1. In a large nonstick skillet, toast the almonds, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add the coconut and toast, stirring constantly, unti both are lightly browned, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a heatproof plate. 2. Prepare the pudding with the milk according to package directions; stir in the orange zest and 1 cup of the whipped topping. 3. Place one-third of the cake cubes in a 2 to 3 quart glass bowl, drizzle with one third of the orange juice. Spread one third of the pudding mixture over the cake and top with one-third each of the pineapple and mandarin orange. Repeat the layering twice more. 4. Spread the remaining 1 cup whipped topping over the top. refregerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with the toasted almond and coconut mixture.

16 servings -

Per serving: 129 calories, 2g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 1mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 25g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 3g protein, 76mg calcium Serving provides: 1 fruit/vegetable

There is not a new way to calculate pts. It's still based on calories, fat & fiber.

In January (I think) they adjusted the amt of pts you get to eat in a day. HTH.

lisacb77 said:
There is not a new way to calculate pts. It's still based on calories, fat & fiber.

In January (I think) they adjusted the amt of pts you get to eat in a day. HTH.

They did put a 4 point cap on fiber though......which may change the points on some items. The 4 pt cap was because some people were putting metamucil or other fiber supplements on ice cream etc..... to bring the points way down. (some people will do anything to cheat the system!)

What is "The 8 Point Show"?

"The 8 Point Show" is a cooking show created by Pampered Chef that aims to provide viewers with delicious and easy recipes using their products. The show features a team of chefs who demonstrate various cooking techniques and share tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products in the kitchen.

How can I watch "The 8 Point Show"?

"The 8 Point Show" is available to watch on the Pampered Chef website and YouTube channel. You can also catch new episodes on the Pampered Chef Facebook page and Instagram TV.

What types of recipes are featured on "The 8 Point Show"?

The show features a variety of recipes, ranging from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and drinks. Each recipe is carefully chosen to showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef products and provide viewers with new and creative meal ideas.

Can I submit input or suggestions for "The 8 Point Show"?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef values the input and feedback of their customers. You can share your suggestions and ideas for the show on the Pampered Chef website or social media channels. Your input may even be featured on a future episode!

Is "The 8 Point Show" suitable for all cooking skill levels?

Yes, "The 8 Point Show" is designed to be accessible for all cooking levels. The chefs provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure that viewers can easily recreate the recipes at home. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced cook, you'll find something to enjoy on "The 8 Point Show".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
Replies
Views
4kids4me
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies