• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thanks to Whoever Told Me to Get the Double Burner Griddle!

In summary, the double burner griddle is a great product that is easy to use and cleanup is a breeze. The pancakes were delicious and Nancy Aspenberg's buttermilk pancakes are a great recipe to follow.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I started a thread about my dilema with my panorama points and someone suggested I get the double burner griddle. WOW! I used it this morning to make our family's Egg McMuffins (same as McDonald's except the yolk is a tad runny and its reg bacon instead of Canadian) and it was awesome. Took half the time and was so much easier. And I don't need to talk about cleanup. A breeze! My husband said they were the best EVER!

So, THANK YOU!!!

AJPratt said:
I started a thread about my dilema with my panorama points and someone suggested I get the double burner griddle. WOW! I used it this morning to make our family's Egg McMuffins (same as McDonald's except the yolk is a tad runny and its reg bacon instead of Canadian) and it was awesome. Took half the time and was so much easier. And I don't need to talk about cleanup. A breeze! My husband said they were the best EVER!

So, THANK YOU!!!

I also got the double burner griddle with my panorama points too but haven't used it. Can't wait!!!

Awesome Anne! That's when I love mine; when I make Sunday breakfast...just getting ready to go do that;)

I didn't think I would really use it, but like evertyhing else PC, its great!

Awesome!! We JUST got the Professional Double Burner Griddle RIGHT before the company introduced the Exec line so I couldn't justify getting another. But we LOVE our DBG as well - hubby makes a HUGE batch of French Toast on Sunday mornings and individually freezes them so I can make quick microwave FT for the kids on school mornings!

mmmm... That sounds good!

PancakesFor this AM's breakfast we just had pancakes I double batched and froze last week made on the dbg - clean up was even easier this time!!

Leea:cool:

Isn't it awesome? I made Father's Day breakfast on that baby--scrambled eggs on one end and hash browns on the other end. I also do triple batches of pancakes and freeze them and it goes SO fast!

I have a great buttermilk pancake recipe from a lady at my church. I'll have to try them!

Anne, you mean you'll have to post it!! :)

I ended up getting the stir fry skillet and I love that I was going for the DBG but for mothers day my husband got me an electric griddle.

I threw my electric griddle away! I don't have the double but I have the gen II square griddle and even it blows away the competition!

I was excited to try it for baking cookies in the oven. Well, it is a bit large for my oven but it worked caddy cornered. Made great cookies!

EnjoyHere's the recipe since I had so many requests!

Nancy Aspenberg's Buttermilk Pancakes

1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/3 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
Maple syrup

1. Melt butter. In 2 cup meas. cup combine buttermilk and egg.
2. In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in buttermilk-egg mixture until fairly smooth. Stir in melted butter. If batter is too thick, stir in 1 or 2 tbs more buttermilk.
3. Heat syrup in small saucepan.
4. Onto hot greased griddle pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until puffy and full of unbroken bubbles. Turn to brown on other side. Serve with warm syrup. Serves 4-6.

I typed this in exactly how it appears in the cookbook. My church did a fundraiser in 1987 and it was FINALLY published in the book. I treasure this recipe. The lady who provided it has long since passed, but I always think of her when I make it and say a little prayer for her. These will really be thick, but they are so light. The batter always seems to be too thick and I wind up mixing in about 4 tbs of buttermilk. Since they puff up so much, try to make small pancakes. These were so good, we used to serve them at all of our pancake breakfasts. The only thing... they just never taste as good as when Nancy made them.

I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks Anne!

You're welcome!

Anyone make the pancakes? I made them this AM and they were pretty darn great!

gilliandanielle said:
I threw my electric griddle away! I don't have the double but I have the gen II square griddle and even it blows away the competition!

Do you think one of the new products will be the square griddle in the Executive line? I have my fingers crossed for that one.

They need to add that if they are going to discontinue the Generation II line. I would also love it if they would come out with a double burner grill pan. I grill chicken a lot, but with 5 of us, I need something bigger than my little George Foreman. My husband is always saying I need to grill up a bunch at a time to keep in the fridge/freezer so it will be on hand for salads and things. It would take me forever on that little Foreman. My Mom just hosted a show and didn't want her half price item, so I took it and ordered the double burner griddle. I can't wait until it comes in. I love my electric one, but hate cleaning it. It is really a pain if you make anything greasy!

I love my DBG too! It lives on my stove top because I use it all day long. There are the normal breakfast items as posted and lunch items like grilled cheese but I love it for dinners too. I did dinner for a group of 20 at my house and made chicken picatta on my DBG! I used my meat tenderizer to flatten all the chicken breasts and then seared them on the griddle- reserved on large SA platter in oven to warm while I did the lemon picatta sauce in the DBG. Worked great since it has the sides and the pour spout corner- dinner for a crowd in almost minutes, and all warm at the same time!

Think out of the box, this product can be used all day long. It sits on my stove top and when I only need one burner its not a problem to use it that way too :)

Sarah

snugbug said:
It sits on my stove top and when I only need one burner its not a problem to use it that way too :)

Sarah

Me, too!!!

1. What is the Double Burner Griddle and how does it work?

The Double Burner Griddle is a versatile cooking tool that can be used on top of two burners on your stovetop. It features a non-stick surface and raised edges for easy flipping and pouring. It works by evenly distributing heat and allowing you to cook multiple items at once.

2. Can the Double Burner Griddle be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the Double Burner Griddle is designed to be compatible with all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Its flat surface ensures even heat distribution on any type of stovetop.

3. Is the Double Burner Griddle dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Double Burner Griddle is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the non-stick surface.

4. Can the Double Burner Griddle be used for both cooking and baking?

Yes, the Double Burner Griddle is a versatile tool that can be used for both cooking and baking. It can be used for making pancakes, eggs, grilled sandwiches, and even baking cookies or flatbreads.

5. What are the dimensions of the Double Burner Griddle?

The Double Burner Griddle measures 20 x 10 inches, making it the perfect size for cooking multiple items at once. It also has raised edges to prevent spills and make flipping food easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • FFBearPChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies