• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax-Free Shopping at My House in August - $25+?

In summary, the author is promoting a tax-free show in August, and depending on the state's sales tax, the show may or may not be tax-free. The author is trying to get the cookware at 1/2 price, and the average order is $40.
Chef_2_Four
I am going to have a tax free show at my house in august. I am going to have the orders be tax free at a certain amount. Should it be tax free after $25 or higher amount?

I guess it depends on how much your state sales tax is, and why you are promoting this show. Is it because you want to get the knives, you want a venue to get some bookings, or because you actually want to make money. My state sales tax is 6%, so I would make 14% (or more depending on my sales for the month) on any order minus the tax on shipping which would be 24 cents. If you make the minimum order $20 to receive it tax free, you'd pay $1.44 if sales tax is 6% and be making $4 which gives you a net of $2.56 on a $20 order. On a $25 order, your 20% commission would be $5 minus $1.74 which equals a profit of $3.26. (This is all based on 6% sales tax.) Is your average order normally $25? If it's more then raise the minimum to $30. Hope this makes sense and helps you.

It does make sense! I am trying to have at least a $300 show so we can get the cookware at 1/2 price. It will be my husbands show. I am also giving away one of the knives kinda like a mystery host show. bring a friend get an extra chance kinda thing. My avg depend on the show. The show before last the avg order was $30 last night the avg order was almost $60. I just don't want to make it to high to scare people off you know.

I think $40 is a good amount. Sometimes I have shows where the avg. order is $20, sometimes it's a lot more than that. But $40 isn't a scary high amount - and you'll only need 8 people to get there to reach your $300 show.You can always add free shipping at $100 (on top of the free tax) if you want to really encourage people to place big orders!

Yes, I do know. If you really just want the cookware and want the sales high enough, then make the minimun $25. Which cookware are you wanting to get at half price?

the combo in the back of the catalog. my husband wants to "upgrade" our cookware! our stinks!! I took the saute pan to my show last night, you should have seen him this morning looking for it!! it was a hoot!!

Related to Tax-Free Shopping at My House in August - $25+?

1. What is "Tax-Free Shopping at My House in August - $25+"?

"Tax-Free Shopping at My House in August - $25+" is a promotion offered by Pampered Chef where customers can shop for products at my house during the month of August and not pay sales tax on purchases over $25.

2. How do I take advantage of this promotion?

To take advantage of this promotion, simply come to my house during the month of August and make a purchase of $25 or more. The sales tax will automatically be waived at the time of purchase.

3. Is there a limit to how much I can purchase tax-free?

No, there is no limit on the amount you can purchase tax-free. However, the promotion only applies to purchases over $25.

4. Can I combine this promotion with other discounts or offers?

Yes, you can combine this promotion with other discounts or offers. However, the $25 minimum purchase requirement must still be met in order to qualify for tax-free shopping.

5. What happens if I return an item purchased during this promotion?

If you return an item purchased during this promotion, the sales tax will be refunded along with the purchase price. However, if the returned item brings your total purchase amount below $25, the sales tax will be applied to the remaining items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies