• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Massachusetts Sales Tax Increase: How to Update Web Orders After 6.25% Increase

In summary, Massachusetts, AKA "tax"achusetts, has upped the sales tax to 6.25%. When I look at my open shows, that were opened after Aug. 1st (the date of the higher tax), it still shows as 5%. Is there a way to manually change it on weborders?
ChefMary412
Massachusetts, AKA "tax"achusetts, has upped the sales tax to 6.25%. When I look at my open shows, that were opened after Aug. 1st (the date of the higher tax), it still shows as 5%. Is there a way to manually change it on weborders? I am worried that those who order online will only be charged the 5% and the rest will fall on me.

That might be a question for HO....first about if you can change it, but second about who'd be responsible for the change. They will be changing lots of Sale Tax rates i think (our's changes Sept 1st also).

First, check for an update for P3. If that doesn't take care of it, call HO and ask.

We had a local option sales tax go thru in this area this past spring. It was a mess, because some of the towns voted it in, and others didn't. HO got it correct in all cases, and again when more towns voted it in on a second ballot.

Oh, and if you think sales tax is bad in MA, don't plan on buying anything in the Chicago area (one guest doing direct ship there has something like 12% sales tax!)

I had the same thing happen to me. I opened a show online in June, had orders placed in July and by the time we closed it was showing that a balance was still due for the online orders. I just went ahead and covered the difference since it definitely wasn't the guest's fault and I was in a hurry to close the show to count for July!
Plus my increase was less only about .25% so the total I covered was under $10 for all guests.

yeah, MA tax is nothing. I have a show going on that is 10.5%. City of Chicago is 10.25%. My town is 9%.P3 and your PWS will likely not be updated. If the tax is wrong on the PWS order, I would just call the guest and explain to them what happened with the tax rate change. They are likely using a CC anyway and you can just adjust the total charged to their card. I doubt anyone will mind.

thanks. I emailed HO to check into it. I know Mass. is not bad compared to others. I cannot believe that some states are not consistent through the entire state.. what a pain. I have only lived in RI and MA so never really noticed that.
Yes, I plan on calling those if it does not go through.

Related to Massachusetts Sales Tax Increase: How to Update Web Orders After 6.25% Increase

1. What is the "Ma Sales Tax Increase" and when does it go into effect?

The "Ma Sales Tax Increase" refers to the recent increase in the sales tax rate in Massachusetts. It went into effect on October 1, 2019.

2. How much is the new sales tax rate in Massachusetts?

The new sales tax rate in Massachusetts is 6.25%. This is an increase from the previous rate of 5%.

3. Are all products sold by Pampered Chef subject to the increased sales tax rate?

Yes, all products sold by Pampered Chef are subject to the increased sales tax rate in Massachusetts.

4. Will this increase affect the prices of Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the increased sales tax rate will affect the prices of Pampered Chef products in Massachusetts. The prices will reflect the new sales tax rate of 6.25%.

5. Are there any exemptions to the increased sales tax rate in Massachusetts?

Yes, there are some exemptions to the increased sales tax rate in Massachusetts, such as food and clothing items under $175. Please consult the Massachusetts Department of Revenue for a full list of exemptions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Fluffy215
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Brenda.the.chef