1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Massachusetts Sales Tax Increase!!

1. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

I received an email from my director reminding me that MA sales tax goes up tomorrow and that all orders have to be in tonight by midnight or the tax increases from 5 to 6.25 percent. So that gave me an idea LOL

I have tried this several times and never worked but I figured what have I got to lose LOL

I emailed all my MA resident customers and did a sales tax free day in which I paid the 5% sales tax on all orders placed today before 9pm. Figuring that would give me time to ensure everything goes smooth and get it into HO. I especially liked the idea because I only had one party this month and want that apron LOL

Well, so far I am now at $200 in orders. This is the first time this has worked for me in the two years I have been doing PC :) I am jumping up and down. One woman ordered over $100 alone :) That is after she did the same at a party a couple months ago. I called to thank her and she asked if she could forward to her friends and family. I didn't hesitate to reply with a big YES!!! LOL

Jul 31, 2009
  2. redsoxgirl

redsoxgirl Veteran Member

Great idea!

I had a show last night and am nervous about getting it closed in time tonight!!!

Jul 31, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

That's a great idea! Our state is considering a sales tax hike also....I'll have to keep an ear on things to see when that takes place- if it's voted through (likely).

Jul 31, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

What a great idea!

5. chefcaroline

chefcaroline Member Gold Member

That sounds like a good idea for here in TN also since next weekend is a tax-free weekend state-wide with some stipulations (sp?). I may do that to see if I can drum up enough to get possibly 2 catalog shows by the 15th to earn the booking/recruiting slide.

Jul 31, 2009
  6. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

You go Sandy! I was thinking of doing the same thing, but was able to collect enough orders to make my second show. I may do it for November (thinking SAT) just to boost up the sales. We'll see how my Nov starts to shake out. Have one booked already in November.

Jul 31, 2009
  7. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

great idea!! I might do that now... last minute but why not!

Jul 31, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted