• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Massachusetts Sales Tax Increase!!

In summary, Sandy received an email from her director reminding her of the upcoming MA sales tax increase and that all orders have to be in by midnight tonight in order to avoid the increased tax rate of 6.25%. Sandy decided to email all of her MA resident customers and do a sales tax free day in order to ensure that all orders are in by 9pm. So far, Sandy has collected $200 in orders on this promotion. Sandy is also in the process of booking her second show for November.
Fluffy215
Gold Member
I received an email from my director reminding me that MA sales tax goes up tomorrow and that all orders have to be in tonight by midnight or the tax increases from 5 to 6.25 percent. So that gave me an idea LOL

I have tried this several times and never worked but I figured what have I got to lose LOL

I emailed all my MA resident customers and did a sales tax free day in which I paid the 5% sales tax on all orders placed today before 9pm. Figuring that would give me time to ensure everything goes smooth and get it into HO. I especially liked the idea because I only had one party this month and want that apron LOL

Well, so far I am now at $200 in orders. This is the first time this has worked for me in the two years I have been doing PC :) I am jumping up and down. One woman ordered over $100 alone :) That is after she did the same at a party a couple months ago. I called to thank her and she asked if she could forward to her friends and family. I didn't hesitate to reply with a big YES!!! LOL

Great idea!

I had a show last night and am nervous about getting it closed in time tonight!!!

That's a great idea! Our state is considering a sales tax hike also....I'll have to keep an ear on things to see when that takes place- if it's voted through (likely).

What a great idea!

That sounds like a good idea for here in TN also since next weekend is a tax-free weekend state-wide with some stipulations (sp?). I may do that to see if I can drum up enough to get possibly 2 catalog shows by the 15th to earn the booking/recruiting slide.

You go Sandy! I was thinking of doing the same thing, but was able to collect enough orders to make my second show. I may do it for November (thinking SAT) just to boost up the sales. We'll see how my Nov starts to shake out. Have one booked already in November.

great idea!! I might do that now... last minute but why not!

Hi there,I completely understand the excitement of having a successful sales tax free day! It's a great way to incentivize customers to place their orders before the tax increase takes effect. And it's even better when you have a customer who loves your products so much that they are willing to place a large order and refer their friends and family. That's the power of building relationships with your customers and providing excellent customer service.I'm glad to hear that this idea worked for you and I hope it continues to bring in more orders. Keep up the great work and always be on the lookout for creative ways to boost your sales. Best of luck to you!Sincerely,

What is the current sales tax rate in Massachusetts?

The current sales tax rate in Massachusetts is 6.25%. This rate was increased from 5% to 6.25% in 2009.

When did the sales tax increase go into effect?

The sales tax increase went into effect on August 1, 2009.

Are all products and services subject to the sales tax increase?

Most products and services are subject to the sales tax increase. However, there are some exemptions such as groceries, prescription drugs, and certain types of clothing.

How often does the sales tax rate in Massachusetts change?

The sales tax rate in Massachusetts is subject to change by the state legislature. Changes typically occur every few years and are dependent on the state's economic needs.

Will the sales tax increase affect my online purchases from Pampered Chef?

Yes, the sales tax increase will affect online purchases from Pampered Chef if you live in Massachusetts. The 6.25% sales tax will be added to your total purchase at checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies