1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Tax and shipping

1. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Just wondering what everyone does about tax and shipping on fundraisers... do you write a cover letter explaining? Is it shipping on each individual order collected, or do you charge one 4.25 shipping on the individual submitting the order? TIA for any ideas!

Sep 26, 2009
  2. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Still wondering what anyone does... Pm me if you want...Thanks again!

Sep 29, 2009
  3. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

If it's a booth, just take the orders as you would any outside order. Each person pays shipping & tax on their purchase. Then data entry them just like you would a cooking show, but under a "fundraiser" show.

If you have others collecting orders, just explain to them like you would the host of a catalog show that each person needs to compute their own tax (or go to your web page so that it will be automatically calculated for them. And decide if you want to allow "ship to host" or if everyone needs to pay to have the item(s) shipped directly to them.

We are tax exempt here & are prohibited from using "ship to host", so my fund raiser was very simple and everyone had to conform to the same format.

Sep 29, 2009
  4. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Thanks so much for the quick response! I was thunking of doing a school fundraiser and wanted to eliminate the extra steps for the chilldren, but Iguess I could make a flyer up to explain how to calculate tax and shipping.

Sep 29, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Or take a yellow highlighter & highlight the tax line & shipping line of the order forms. I actually mark out the ship to host line with a blue or black pen, then write "see back" in the top 1/2 of the shipping block. On the back, I circle the APO/FPO section & put X's through the sections that do not apply (of course I only do it on the pink copy, otherwise it will transfer to the fronts of the yellow & pink copies) and last I write "SOFA Status Regulation!" above the shipping section on the back of the pink copy. It alleviates most people from trying to argue with me for the cheaper shipping rate. If the organization does not want to be in charge of sorting all the orders, you could just do some form of attachment with the organizations rules ... OR ... you could make your own outside order form with only the info YOU want on there & then print P3 receipts for everyone and pay to mail them! Depending on the # of orders, your own OOF's and doing the P3 receipts may just be cost effective to alleviate problems. ;) You could even make one side a flyer about the fundraiser and the other side the OOF. :D

Sep 30, 2009
Have something to add?