1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tasty Tidbits subscribers - do you use the "top host" portion?

1. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

I have recently subscribed to TT and LOVE it (thanks Joy!!!)...but was wondering if everyone used the top section, "the top host" portion. If not, what do you put in it's place? The top host thing just isn't my style...mainly b/c I'm slightly uncomfortable putting the top show's numbers out there. Would/does it make customers uncomfortable to read it? Make hosting seem slightly "unattainable"?

Help! I'm super late in sending out my newsletter this month!

Sep 10, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I do. I've had hosts tell me how tickled they are to see their name (they don't need to know they were the ONLY host that month :) ). If I had a crummy month and no shows, I'll just delete it.

Sep 10, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I used to, but now I'm too lazy to look up the info. This month I put something else in there about a special I am running.

Sep 10, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL - that sounds like me! :)

I usually put something in that space about a special or because I'm usually booking 2 months out, and TT only has articles for the current month and the next month's specials, I will say something about the other monthly specials.

For example - for September, I was booked by the middle of August, and October I have 7 shows already, so I really wanted to feature November too - so I added something about the November Host Special to mine.

Oh and Deb - every time I see you post, I just think - Come on already, Baby!

Sep 10, 2009
  5. whiteyteresa

whiteyteresa Veteran Member

I just delete that part if my host doesn't want the info added

:chef:

Sep 10, 2009
  6. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I use it. I think it is a great way to get people to say, "wow, I could get that too!"

7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I do but I don't use the host's full name. I use first name and last initial.

Sep 10, 2009
  8. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I use the Host's name, total of show, and how much free/discount she got (saved $200 for example). If I have several hosts that month, I say, "Thanks to May Jones who had a $250 show..." etc. so everyone who did do a Show sees their name! :) No one has objected and sometimes it helps spur on someone who is working on a show for the next month!

Sep 10, 2009
  9. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

okay question i just started TT and Sept. was my first month sending it out. if i did not want to have the host section...how do i put something else in there? i am not very savvy with computer stuff like that! TIA

Sep 10, 2009
  10. NooraK

Are you just forwarding email, or using iContact?

If you're just forwarding the email, after you've hit forward, just go in and edit that section of the email.

If you're using iContact, after pasting the HTML, save the message, exit out and go back into the message. You'll have a "Design" tab at the bottom of the window that the email appears in, and you can do editing in there.

Sep 10, 2009
  11. rebajoe

rebajoe Novice Member Silver Member

Could someone explain to me: What is Tasty Tidbits? What is the website? How much does it cost to subscribe?

Thanks
    Rebajoe

Sep 10, 2009
  12. NooraK

Sep 10, 2009
  13. rebajoe

rebajoe Novice Member Silver Member

Thank you!!!

Rebajoe

Sep 10, 2009
  14. pamperedchef07

pamperedchef07 Novice Member Gold Member

so which "catagory" do you sign up as to get the newsletter prep chef, head chef, sous chef...

15. I'm hoping to sign up next month, can't wait!!!

16. I use it every month and my hosts are thrilled to see their names

Sep 19, 2009
  17. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I use it but, I always call and ask their permission first
    I list their name, how much they got free & if they had been the cons how much they would have made,

Sep 20, 2009
  18. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

My show schedule is so sporadic I don't. I once or twice made up hosts, but that's funky so I either omit it or give a recent host.

Sep 20, 2009
  19. I use that section. I love it. Like someone else said it makes my hosts feel "special"

Sep 21, 2009
  20. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

I have before if I have a really good show ($500 or more). Then I stopped becasuse I did not feel like going back to get the numbers. So I don't use it anymore. I may start and just make some adjustments.

21. Sharyn ND

Sharyn ND Gold Member

I use it and have had wonderful comments from my hosts & the guests who have booked and want to see their name in the newsletter too. I like it!

Sep 24, 2009
  22. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I do not use it all the time. I do like the option.

Sep 24, 2009
Have something to add?