• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay You Short Email Fans.... I Need Some Feedback.

I have always heard to keep it in "threes", especially if you want to capture your reader's attention and keep it through the whole thing. For me, I would want a "blast" with the current month's guest special, the following month's host special, and a recipe (preferably using products from the current month's special!).I like the idea of putting "teasers" out there, and having them either click on the link to your website to find out more, or ask them to call or email you for more info. You're giving them a "call to action" as my DH would put it (he's in advertising sales).
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
In addition to versions A & B, plus the condensed printable version, I am considering putting out a short blast email as another monthly alternative.... I have always said that you can delete out the portions you don't want to use, but it would seem that some people prefer to have it ready-to-go without editing....

So, that being said, what do you consider "most important" to include in a newsletter. Bear in mind I'm going to try to keep it short so I need specifics -- like only 1 recipe, only the current month host special (or only the next month?), current month guest special... is a recruiting blurb necessary if there is no incentive, etc. I'd probably dump the host of the month and product of the month, and maybe only have one quick tip or "food of the month" blurb.

<sigh> -- don't take this the wrong way, but I try SO hard to please all my subscribers, but sometimes I feel like there's no way I can come up with enough versions to satisfy everyone. At least with your feedback, I can try to pinpoint what would satisfy *many* or *most*.

Thanks bunches!

Joy,

I love your newsletters and although they can seem "lengthy" there is just too much info to get to our customers - they really need all of it! I know that people are looking at the host of the month section because I hear comments about it, and I think that it never hurts to get everything out there - covering all the specials is important and you don't know when the recruiting seed will finally sprout so having that blurb is a good thing too.

This probably isn't any help to answering your question - but I am very happy with your work the way it has been. Like you said - we can edit it once we get it and take out or add info as we see fit.

I understand you wanting to please everyone - but don't make it too hard on yourself. I'd hate to see your rates go up because you are doing too much work!:)

Ditto!!!!rassafracken too short message

My newsletter (which I am working on right now;) ) is all about directing the reader back to my website.

This is an unfinished version - but pretty much all I do. I don't make it "pretty" - it's just straight text with the info they need. I know it doesn't look like much - but I've gotten $800 in individual orders on my website in the last 4 months.....so it does what I need it to do!

Attachments

• August Newsletter.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 426
Joy, you'll never please everyone!

That being said, I think for someone who doesn't have a website, including 1 recipe and a quick tip, along with the special for this month and next (but just a quick blurb, not a full explanation.... like a "teaser"... "Forged Cutlery on SALE in August! Get yours at 20% or 60% off, you choose your discount! Ask for more details") and recruiting blurb? maybe, maybe not.... maybe a little line asking what they'd do with $400/month?

Since I have a website, I prefer to just link them back to my website.....

Looks good Becky - I agree to keep it simple - you know some people don't read very far into their emails.

I LOVE your newsletter! I would like the option of sending a shorter emal with last month's TOP host, this month's guest special and next month's host bonus.

One recipe and always a recruiting tip or incentive.

I really love yourservice and reccomend it to everyone so they stay connected with their customers.

Thanks!!!

I have always heard to keep it in "threes", especially if you want to capture your reader's attention and keep it through the whole thing. For me, I would want a "blast" with the current month's guest special, the following month's host special, and a recipe (preferably using products from the current month's special!).

I like the idea of putting "teasers" out there, and having them either click on the link to your website to find out more, or ask them to call or email you for more info. You're giving them a "call to action" as my DH would put it (he's in advertising sales).

I find that if my messages are too wordy, people skim through them and miss all the good stuff. Something that is short, to the point and attracts their attention easily is something I would definitely be interested in. Maybe one or 2 pictures would be ok, too.

HTH! :)

<sigh> -- don't take this the wrong way, but I try SO hard to please all my subscribers, but sometimes I feel like there's no way I can come up with enough versions to satisfy everyone.
Kinda like being the U.S. President. :D
From what I hear, so many people are happy with your newsletters. I personally like them short and sweet (2 pages MAX) I know there is a lot of info to get across but that is the beauty of getting them to your website (or getting them to call you and IF they are truly interested they will). When newsletters contain the same information month after month (and I do realize that some information may be new to new contacts) I find they become boring. The long and short of it is, this is your puppy...you do it as you like. Your customers always have the option to edit it to their taste. You are providing the service so YOU decide. I understand that you may want to please your clients but at the same token you are going to get 100 different answers to your question.

That is an aweful lot of work. You cannot please everyone. Even the best business in the world cannot please everyone. You will find yourself overwhelmed and frustrated if you start trying to please everyone. I personally love the newsletters you have done. Keep up the good work.

Some people are switching to most info on the website (I tend to take some info from the newsletter and put it on there). Then I send a short email. So your "blast" could include the current & next month host special & the current guest special and then teasers to check out our website.

I just subscribed to you this month Joy after seeing your test sample and liking it.

I personally remove the "host of the month" only because where I live many get sensitive like that is bragging too much about your sales or telling people what someone got using their name without their permission...piddly stuff like that.

They like to hear of the "freebies" not the name tied to it.

That is just a small group by me though, probably not true throughout all areas.

I DO like having recipes in them. I feel like my newsletter is more of a service then.

I agree with the PP's. I really need one that has this month's guest special, next month's host special, and a recipe. If there is a recruiting pomo that would be nice, but it is a little much to be mentioned every month I think...

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it... I have a few things planned in the works (short email w/PWS, short email w/o PWS, info to import into Constant Contact)-- just hope I have enough time to do them all! It really depends on whether or not I can get my email distribution program to work correctly and feed all the different versions out to the right people!

1. Can you clarify what you mean by "Okay You Short Email Fans"?

By "Okay You Short Email Fans," we are referring to our loyal customers who prefer short and concise emails from our company.

2. Why do you need feedback specifically from short email fans?

We value all feedback from our customers, but we want to ensure that our short email fans are also satisfied with our communication approach. Your feedback helps us tailor our email content to better meet your preferences.

3. How can I provide feedback?

You can provide feedback by emailing us directly at [email protected] or by filling out a feedback form on our website.

4. Will my feedback be taken into consideration?

Yes, we take all customer feedback seriously and use it to improve our products and services. Your feedback is important to us and helps us better understand and meet the needs of all our customers.

5. Can I remain anonymous when giving feedback?

Yes, you can choose to remain anonymous when giving feedback. However, providing your name and contact information allows us to follow up with you and address any specific concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • PChefRenee
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Kat B