• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste of Home Cooking Show Tonight - Long!

In summary, Debbie Lilly's ideas were a big hit at the Taste of Home Cooking Show. She passed out holiday catalogs and got two bookings so far. She is upset because a different PC consultant was allowed to put her information in the gift bags.
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

I just worked a booth at a Taste of Home Cooking Show. I was so busy getting ready today, but I have to say, "I love Debi Lilly!" I used many of the ideas she had in our Holiday Catalog for my table and it was a HUGE hit! I had the busiest booth!

I passed out Holiday Catalogs to everyone and hope to get some business from them, but not holding my breath. I did put a sticker on them that said, "View our entire Catalog online at my website! Order 24 hours a day! Love a bargain? Check out our Outlet Section for discounted products! If you prefer FREE, Call me! I explained to them many of the ideas on my table were from our catalog.

I got 2 bookings so far. I have two people to contact for the business opportunity (hope I can be a FD before Jan.) ! One of the bookings is for January. I decorated a tree with booking cards. On the top I made a sign that said, "Pick a Date from the Tree and get something FREE!" Then I made post cards that listed dates w/the gift they would recieve. On the back I had them ready to be filled out w/their name, address, etc. I have many others saying they want to place an order. We will see if that happens.

I used a simple drawing slip because I knew it would be busy and I had to get people through the line. I took ideas from several on here. I didn't list yes/no/maybe or numbers 1-10, I just had a check mark. One of the options was, "I would like a catalog, I want to place an order." Of course, I won't just mail the catalogs out, I will be contacting them first. I'll try to get them to check for the full catalog on my website first as well. One of the slips actually only circled I want a catalog. I can't believe some people! Obviously she doesn't want to order anything. I also have a lot of slips w/nothing checked even though the last box stated, "I don't need anything from PC right now, but please call me if I win." I really want to start calling the people that didn't check anything and say, "You didn't select any of the boxes on the drawing slip, is there anything I can do to help you?" I just want to bug them since they didn't take the out I gave them. I really don't waste my time or theirs! I did have a lot of people check the box, and I would prefer to know they dont' want me to call.

While I was working my booth a person was taking pictures of my tree and table. I was busy talking to a customer so I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but I think I may know who she was. I got one of the gift bags they were handing out. I provided 900 recipe cards w/coupons I attached to them. The first thing I saw was a PC recipe card and business card that were not mine:eek: ! I was pretty shocked to say the least. My recipe card and coupon was in the bag as well, so that is good. I just don't understand why they would allow her to put her card in the gift bags. I know she is a new consultant because one person coming through my booth said she was having a show next week and said this consultants name and that she was new. I'm not upset w/the consultant, I am upset w/the organizers. I even asked before working the booth that they would not allow another PC consultant. I wasn't the only one this happend to. There was a Tastefully Simple rep. there and they let a different TS rep. put her info. in the bags!:eek: I spoke w/her afterward (she's doing a show at my house Monday) and she doesn't know who the rep. is. It's worse for her because she didn't put anything in the bags! I plan on calling the organizer tomorrow and complaining! I'm going to tell her I don't' appreciate they allowed her to put her info. in the bags. I paid for the booth, took a day off from my day job w/o pay, spent money on handouts and worked hard at the booth. Hopefully she will feel quilty and understand how much work it takes to do a business like ourse. I'm glad I put a coupon on mine since maybe that will help people call me, but the other rep. is in a different town then me and a lot of people prefer to have a consultant in their town! Anyone have any other suggestion on what to say to the organizer? Should I call the other rep. to find out what she was told before I call them?

Hopefully I'll get some more business when I start calling people. I also have a few who want to me on my email newsletter list. Maybe this will get me some business in the future.

I'll let you know if this was all worth it once I have my shows! Hopefully I will get some great leads from the two shows I do have!

Congrats!! I have one of these in a week & a half. I also plan on passing out Holiday Mini Catalogs. How many did you bring to pass out? Did you pass out anything else? I'm not putting anything in the goodie bags. What drawing did you have? What all did you set up at your booth??

Thanks so much for posting. I have one this coming Thursday nite. You have helped me decide how to set up.

Here are some pictures of my booth. They aren't the best quality since they were taken w/a camera phone. They were also taken when we were done so the area I had people sign up for the drawing isn't very neat. Inside the roasting pan I had the meat lifters and the Turkey Basics cards. I made the pretzels wreaths and everyone loved them! My daughter today said, "Did you order these?" How funny! She liked the ribbon I used. It was the same color as the ribbon in the catalog. I also used the suggestion from the holiday show cards and filled cookie cutters w/white chocolate. I used mini holiday cutters I got at Wal Mart. I then wrapped them and put a tag on them (also from Wal Mart for 97 cents) w/a name. I put it on top of the SA small plate as a name tag. I think a great idea would be to add mint flavoring to the chocolate (actually almond bark). These could be the after dinner mints and then people can keep the cookie cutters.

I used just chocolate cake in the Silicone pan and sprinkled them w/powered sugar. Very easy and inexpensive! I put the wreaths in the top bowl.

On the large round Woven Selection I put cookies pressed w/cookie press and wrapped up (like in the catalog) and also the Cranberry Bark. It just looked so pretty - much better then the pictures show.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• 1025071831.jpg
    1025071831.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 862
  • 1025071831a.jpg
    1025071831a.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 805
  • 1025071831b.jpg
    1025071831b.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:
Cute tables. I would DEFINATELY call the organizer and complain.

Did the new consultant know someone who was running the event? Regardless, YOU paid the month for your spot.

That is terrible business practice. I am so sorry! I hope it works out!

Here is the drawing slip and handout I used.

Attachments

• Fall 2007 Drawing Slip for Fair Booth.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 710
  • Holiday Fair Handout w coupon 2 - Fall 2007.doc
    907.5 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:
Rhonda, that looks very nice! Thank you for sharing! Did you have the drawing slips just sitting out, or did you hand them to people when they came up? What drawing did you do? Are the green papers the coupons & recipe handout?

I love your table setup! I am thinking about borrowing your tree idea for the upcoming craft fairs that I have a booth at! I imagine I could find a cheap tree at Wal-Mart.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Rhonda, that looks very nice! Thank you for sharing! Did you have the drawing slips just sitting out, or did you hand them to people when they came up? What drawing did you do? Are the green papers the coupons & recipe handout?

I had them sitting out. I use two small clip boards, but I ended up going down the line handing them out to people beause the line was so long. It was so busy and not enough time to talk to everyone. I did a drawing for a $25 gift certificate (from me and only for $25 in product so it won't cost me that). Yes, the green papers are the drawing slips and handouts. I wish I would have used a lighter green since I ended up finding the lighter green ribbon, but I didn't know what I was going to use when I had them printed.

Family Dollar
Leigh0725 said:
I love your table setup! I am thinking about borrowing your tree idea for the upcoming craft fairs that I have a booth at! I imagine I could find a cheap tree at Wal-Mart.

I'm sure you could find a cheap tree at Walmart. Probably at Family Dollar or Dollar General too.
I agree the table setup is beautiful. I am thinking about doing little presents (real cheap at dollar store) with a tag attached in any of the woven selections baskets.

Very nice!! :thumbup:

Debbie :D

Leigh0725 said:

Yes, please use my idea. That's why I posted it. I get so many ideas on here, I'm so happy to share w/everyone.

As you can see the tree I used was small, but works great for this use. I put it on a plant stand. I got it at Dollar General for $10 about 2 years ago. I wish I would have had extra towels, I would have used them as the tree skirt, but I was using them on the table. I have used it several times. The first year I did small prizes like cake testers, quick cut knives, etc., w/a coupon for up to $25 addtional product at their show. These were wrapped in gift bags so they didn't know what they were getting. This was better for me because it meant I wasn't giving everyone $25, but it might get them to book a show for the chance.

I did the cards w/dates for this show because I knew it was going to be busy. I figured if someone wanted a show I had my open dates listed on the tree! It was also a very quick way to get their contact info. I will do it this way again for sure. I will cut the top in the shape of a star next time though so it looks even more festive. I didn't have time yesterday when I was getting it ready.

Here are the cards I used. I didn't have any post card sheets so I used card stock and cut them. I have one of those cutting tools (like for scrapbooking). I highly recommend one of these for PC consultants!

Attachments

• It's a Date.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 568
  • It's a Date side 2.doc
    27 KB · Views: 480
Thanks everyone for saying it looks nice. I can't take credit for it. All the ideas are in the Holiday Catalog:)! I was also lucky the organizer gave me two tables for the price of one! I called and asked if I could bring one of my own because I like to do an L shape and she said she had extra and would just give me one. Everyone could look at my table while waiting for signing up for the drawing.

I just did a Taste of Home show this week, you could pay to have an item put in the goody bag even if you were not a Vendor at the show it self. I have 3 "vendor" shows before the holdiay and will steal some of the ideas.

Donna Althoff said:
I just did a Taste of Home show this week, you could pay to have an item put in the goody bag even if you were not a Vendor at the show it self. I have 3 "vendor" shows before the holdiay and will steal some of the ideas.

This isn't something the organizer told me before the show. I tried to call her today, but I didn't get a call back. She probably knows why I am calling. I didn't want to say anything to her on my message. I'm not going to get angry w/her, I just think this isn't something they should allow or they should tell the vendors up front that someone else might put something in the bag. I probably would have put something on my handouts about my booth at the show. This way they know which one was me. Everyone did get one of my mini-catalogs though, so hopefully they will hang on to them. Also, the other consultant didn't put her name on the recipe cards, just stapled her business card to them. They may pull it off when they file it in their recipe box. I put stickers on mine and I stapled coupons to them.

How many mini-catalogs did you end up passing out? Or how many did you bring?

Thanks for the ideas! I wasn't quite sure what all to bring to mine in 2 weeks & now I'm feeling really good about it! I'm going today for ribbon, ornaments (for Trifle Bowl) & cranberries. I'm also going to make up a small batter bowl with the cookie mix in it (that I'm using for all my Nov. shows) & using it to try to get bookings. I think I may even look for a Christmas tree too--I thought that idea was really cute!

pamperedgirl3 said:
How many mini-catalogs did you end up passing out? Or how many did you bring?

Thanks for the ideas! I wasn't quite sure what all to bring to mine in 2 weeks & now I'm feeling really good about it! I'm going today for ribbon, ornaments (for Trifle Bowl) & cranberries. I'm also going to make up a small batter bowl with the cookie mix in it (that I'm using for all my Nov. shows) & using it to try to get bookings. I think I may even look for a Christmas tree too--I thought that idea was really cute!

I ordered 360 and passed out about 200 or so. They sold 540 tickets for the show so I would plan on 1/2 of tickets that are sold. This is what I originally planned, but I was told they would sell 900 tickets. I will now be leaving the extras around at nail shops, hair dressers, coffee shops etc. I may mail a few to past customers, but I really don't want to spend more money on postage. I just mailed out the fall mini catalogs to my best customers.

I wanted to do ornaments or cranberries too, but didn't have time. Following the ideas from Debi Lilly you can't go wrong w/your table. Good Luck!

Yikes, I don't think I ordered enough minis! I only ordered 125 (I do still have some fall ones left--close to 50) & I was told last time they had 1150 people! Hmmm....I may be seeing if my recruiter has submitted an Oct. supply order & add some to hers--don't want to pay more in shipping.

I just found some tall light green candles & short white candles, fat white ribbon & thinner red ribbon, and red glass beads at home. I'm going to use those on the white rect. platter with woven tray. Then on my other rect. woven tray, I have the cran acct platter with 4 cran petite squares & small white candles in glass jars on the squares. So now I just have to buy the ornaments for the trifle bowl. I'm going to put a note near the bowl that says ask me how to get the bowl 60% off (since it's the Dec. special).

pamperedgirl3 said:
Yikes, I don't think I ordered enough minis! I only ordered 125 (I do still have some fall ones left--close to 50) & I was told last time they had 1150 people! Hmmm....I may be seeing if my recruiter has submitted an Oct. supply order & add some to hers--don't want to pay more in shipping.

I just found some tall light green candles & short white candles, fat white ribbon & thinner red ribbon, and red glass beads at home. I'm going to use those on the white rect. platter with woven tray. Then on my other rect. woven tray, I have the cran acct platter with 4 cran petite squares & small white candles in glass jars on the squares. So now I just have to buy the ornaments for the trifle bowl. I'm going to put a note near the bowl that says ask me how to get the bowl 60% off (since it's the Dec. special).

It's up to you if you want to pass out that many. Some people have said on here that they only give them to people who really act interested. You could make flyers to hand out w/a recipe instead of the expense of mini's.

The 60% off sign is a great idea. I have done that at booths before and it does get some interested. I always just say 60% off this month or next month and then put in small print "Host Special." It gets them asking when they see the 60% off sign.

Rhonda-is that actual food on your 3-tiered stand?

BTW, your display looked awesome!! Congratulations on your successful booth!

Chef Kearns said:
Rhonda-is that actual food on your 3-tiered stand?

BTW, your display looked awesome!! Congratulations on your successful booth!

Yes, I just used a dark chcoloate cake mix in the silicone floral pan and sprinkled them w/powereded sugar. The top bowl had the pretzel wreaths in it.

Thanks!

I really like the crisp clean look of your table! I also LOVE the handout you made!

Can someone explain what a taste of home show is? Ive never heard of this. Sounds like it could be very profitable....

The Taste of Home Cooking Show is featured in many cities across the country. It's put on by the catalog "Taste of Home." The one I had a booth for was called Simply Christmas. I guess it was shorter then their regular show. The one I worked was at a local high school.

If you do a search for Taste of Home, you'll find another thread about a cheffer who did a booth. In the thread is a link to the Taste of Home's website & you can find out if there are events in your area. I think they come around every other year or something like that.

If you have time, I highly suggest getting postcards at VistaPrint. Let me know if you've never ordered b/c I think if I refer someone, I get credit. I did this for a big craft fair I did recently. 100 free postcards with winterish them on the front stating "Shop Anytime" and the fact they can order anytime on my website. Then I go into Host an Avoid the Crowds show or have a show to earn presents for free, etc. On the back...this is key...I put a recipe. This is nice and glossy on the front and the recipe makes them keep the card with your info. If you have time, order them from VistaPrint more than once (I did) so that you have enough. I handed them mostly to people who ordered since that's all I had time to do and a few others. The table looked great! I always have too much on my tables, but that's b/c I seem to end up with cash n carry to sell.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Congrats!! I have one of these in a week & a half. I also plan on passing out Holiday Mini Catalogs. How many did you bring to pass out? Did you pass out anything else? I'm not putting anything in the goodie bags. What drawing did you have? What all did you set up at your booth??

I just attended a Taste of Home show....I know you said you weren't putting anything into the Goody Bag...but I heard alot of people say they didn't go to the booths but just to the cooking school part. So maybe you should put something in the goody bag....Just a thought!

PCSarahjm said:
I just attended a Taste of Home show....I know you said you weren't putting anything into the Goody Bag...but I heard alot of people say they didn't go to the booths but just to the cooking school part. So maybe you should put something in the goody bag....Just a thought!

I did mine Tuesday...over 200 people filled out drawing slips at my booth! To be honest, I got one of the goodie bags before I left & still haven't even looked in it! I would rather put my time & energy into a booth where I can personally meet people. But thanks for the thought!

1. What is the "Taste of Home Cooking Show Tonight - Long!" event all about?

The "Taste of Home Cooking Show Tonight - Long!" is an interactive cooking event where you can learn new recipes, tips, and techniques from professional chefs. It's a fun and educational experience for anyone who loves cooking or wants to improve their skills in the kitchen.

2. How long is the "Taste of Home Cooking Show Tonight - Long!" event?

The event typically lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of recipes and demonstrations included. It's recommended to arrive at least 15 minutes early to find your seats and get settled in.

3. Are there any special requirements for attending the "Taste of Home Cooking Show Tonight - Long!"?

No, there are no special requirements for attending the event. However, it's recommended to bring a notepad and pen to take notes and any necessary ingredients if you plan on cooking the recipes at home.

4. Can I purchase any of the products used in the "Taste of Home Cooking Show Tonight - Long!"?

Yes, you can purchase the products used in the cooking demonstrations at the event. Our team will be available to assist you with any purchases or orders you may want to make.

5. Is there a dress code for attending the "Taste of Home Cooking Show Tonight - Long!"?

There is no specific dress code for the event. However, we recommend wearing comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes if you plan on participating in any cooking activities or demonstrations. Also, don't forget to bring an apron if you have one!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • tsm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • JessBarszcz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies