• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taming Frizzy Hair in Humid Climates

In summary, Sandy recommends getting a good cut, using Fredrick Fekkai products, and layered hair to avoid weighting down the under layers.
feather18
Hey ! ok i have Curly/Wavy hair, not kinky curly, but also not wavy wavy, loose curls...

ok so i want to know what you use on your hair? What have you found to work well on frizz? I live in Louisiana, so humidity frizzes it up so nicely.

lately it has just been flat, and frizzey on top.

Any help or suggestions will be great! I had heard that Suave "redkin" is good. :eek:

My sister has curly hair and she swears by a product called BedHead...if they don't sell it in your area, I'm sure you can look it up online.

How I would love to have any trace of curl at all. I have stick straight hair, but I use to get perms all the time and I have really long hair so I would put mousse on it and use Aussie Scrunch Spray then defuse with a hair dryer. This would give it a kind of wet curly look. Simple and easy to do. Much faster than doing my straight hair now I have to completely dry it and then curl it with a large curling iron. But I can't afford/justify $100 for a perm.

Good luck!!

I have the same hair. I do have ringlets underneath & around my face but the rest is so heavy it just waves. Before I chopped it off to above my ears, I used curl enhancing shampoo & conditioner & then a serum. It was made by FrizzEase (I think that is how it's spelled) It worked great for me. I just put it on & scrunched a bit then let air dry. They also have straightening products that I really like too.

I use FrizzEase too. I love the spray on curl enhancer. Makes my curls look great and no frizz. I use their shampoo and conditioner for curly hair too. I think this is a must have for curly hair.

I've been using paula's Choice. The shampoo is called all over hair and body shampoo and the conditioner is smooth finish conditioner. This is my first bottle of each and my hair has been so soft and shiny since I started using it about a month ago. It doesn't cause build up and it's good for people with sensitive or allergy prone skin. Paula Begoun is the cosmetics cop and she has a book called don't go shopping for hair care products without me and a book about shopping for cosmetics also. You can look up her products on paulaschoice.com or cosmeticscop.com I have natural curly hair and sensitive skin so this product has been working really well for me so far. This month they have $3 shipping for all orders, not many days left for that but it seems like every holiday they offer some kind of shipping special like free shipping with a minimum purchase. I have purchased other products from that site which I have liked but this is the first time I have tried the hair care products and so far I'm impressed.

Sandy

I have the same kind of hair and I don't even bother to fix it curly. I flat iron my hair and it's so much better. I also am very faithful to all Fredrick Fekkai products. They can be pricy, but I think so worth it! I always get complimented on my hair. I use the shampoo/conditioner, serum (before I blow dry) and the styling cream (before I flat iron) and thats it. I highly recommend flat ironing and using Fredrick Fekkai.

I have curly hair and live by BIOSILK when my hair is wet. Then I put gel in it and I use a defuser to blow dry. I live in FL so I know all about humidity.

I have the same hair - the #1 thing I found helped me was to get my hair properly layered so the outer layers of hair do not weigh down the under layers. Then I use Suave Curl Enhancing Mouse...VERY generously - like two big handfuls on thin shoulderlength hair - and scrunch it while blowing it dry.

First....I recommend a really good cut. I have always gone to cheap places that take walk ins. Then I had highlights done by a girl that charges $25 for a cut <<yikes!!>>. It killed me to pay that much....until a few weeks later when I realized how great my hair looked as it grew out. I was amazed at how big a difference a good cut makes. Now I won't go anywhere else. (And I found out that I could go longer between cuts since she knew how to cut curly hair so the cost evens out over the year!)

I use Rave Bodifying Mousse by Sauve and let air dry. Now I love my curls and waves.

Check out ouidad.com.

Rebeccascabinet said:
I have the same kind of hair and I don't even bother to fix it curly. I flat iron my hair and it's so much better. I also am very faithful to all Fredrick Fekkai products. They can be pricy, but I think so worth it! I always get complimented on my hair. I use the shampoo/conditioner, serum (before I blow dry) and the styling cream (before I flat iron) and thats it. I highly recommend flat ironing and using Fredrick Fekkai.

I second the Fekkai products. I don't have curly hair but do have frizzy hair have tried many of all of the other products in the line and love them. I work at Bath and Body Works part time so when we started carrying this line we got to try them so we could give personal experiences with them to the customers.

When I had my hair permed, Frizzease worked really good. I used their spray stuff that helped curls. I also liked Garnier Fruitice (sp?) moose, in the green bottles. I heard that their style "goop" is good too. They have a line specifically for curly hair.

AUSSIE SCRUNCH SPRAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm a label snob, so I've tried every product out there and when I tell you my life has changed since discovering aussie scrunch spray I mean it! Oh and if you must dry your hair always, always, always use a diffuser.

feather18 said:
Hey ! ok i have Curly/Wavy hair, not kinky curly, but also not wavy wavy, loose curls...

ok so i want to know what you use on your hair? What have you found to work well on frizz? I live in Louisiana, so humidity frizzes it up so nicely.

lately it has just been flat, and frizzey on top.

Any help or suggestions will be great! I had heard that Suave "redkin" is good. :eek:

there's a great book you should really read called Curly Girl:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0761123008/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It gives you a ton of information on why your hair does what it does and how to work with it. Has lots of curly hair inspiration throughout too.

you guys are so great!! Thank you so much!!! I am actually thinking of cuting my hair, who watches Sex and the City? ok well Sarah Jessica Parkers short cut, to her chin, i think i am going to do that one. tell me what you think.. right now i have it to middle of my neck.

only thing holding me back from doing it, is everyone loves my hair longer, but i think it looks better on my face short.. I DONT KNOW! lol. My hubby wont say. i hate that. he just says i dont care. .. he cares. i know it.. lol. ok well thanks again!!

My 9 yr. old daughter has really curly hair and we found that the following products work great for her:

Herbal Essence Totally Twisted (in a purple bottle) shampoo, conditioner and Curl Boosting Mousse.
Garnie Fructise (sp?) moisturizing mousse.

These keep her curls locked, no frizz. Everyone thinks we curled her hair. Its aaah natural.

FrizzEase is fantastic! I use the curl enhancer and the smoothing serum.

Has anyone used Suave Professionals : for curly hair, its like Redkin, i think i will try that or Frizzease.

THANKS!! hehe this is fun.

lauraP2000 said:
Check out ouidad.com.

I totally second that! I have that hair that isn't straight but isn't curly either. When it was long past my shoulders, I wore it curly and swore by Ouidad. Be sure to check out the curly hair care info on the website too!

Related to Taming Frizzy Hair in Humid Climates

1. How can I prevent my hair from becoming frizzy in humid climates?

To prevent frizz, it's important to keep your hair well-moisturized. Use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner, and consider incorporating a leave-in conditioner or hair oil into your routine. Additionally, try to limit the use of heat styling tools and opt for air-drying your hair instead.

2. What products should I use to tame frizzy hair in humid climates?

Look for products specifically designed to combat frizz, such as anti-frizz serums, creams, or mousses. These products often contain ingredients like silicone or oils that help smooth down the hair cuticle and prevent moisture from penetrating. Be sure to also use a heat protectant if using heat styling tools.

3. Can I use hairspray to control frizz in humid climates?

Hairspray can help tame frizz to some extent, but it's important to choose a lightweight, flexible hold formula. Heavy hairsprays can weigh down hair and make it look greasy. Consider using a humidity-resistant hairspray for extra protection.

4. Is it better to brush or comb frizzy hair in humid climates?

It's generally recommended to use a wide-tooth comb on wet hair to prevent breakage, and a brush on dry hair. However, if your hair is prone to frizz, it's best to avoid brushing it as this can create more frizz. Use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to gently detangle and style your hair instead.

5. Can I still wear my hair down in humid climates without it becoming frizzy?

Yes, you can still wear your hair down in humid climates! Just make sure to follow a good hair care routine and use the right products to keep your hair moisturized and protected. You can also try different hairstyles like braids or updos to keep your hair off your face and prevent frizz. Experiment to see what works best for your hair type and the level of humidity in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies