• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Talk Me Down From the Ledge... Vent Warning!

In summary, Jenni is very frustrated because she has had ten cancellations in the past few weeks and her sales are half what they were in September and November is looking sad. Jenni is also angry at inconsiderate, rude, and down right awful people. Jenni feels like people are completely paniced right now and believes that it is the economy or the media's portrayal of the economy that is freaking people out. Jenni is also in the same boat as Sheila and is praying for a decent November.
VERY FRUSTRATED right now... I have had 10 cancellations in the past few weeks...my sales are half what they were in September and November is looking sad. I am so angry at inconsiderate, rude, and down right awful people. I am tired for people thinking their time is more valuable than mine. I would never be so rude as to schedule a date and then reschedule a date and then reschedule a date at the last minute. And that has happened with numerous different people in the past few weeks. I understand we ALL have busy lives.. I feel like people are completely paniced right now... is it the economy or the media's portrayal of the economy that is freaking people out? are people running at the end of the rope because of money... doing more work for less? Or are we a society just expecting people to do more because of technology.. always connected with smart phone etc?

*hugs* - I'm in the same boat as you are. Praying for a decent November. Honestly I don't know the answer to your questions. When the parties hold i am still having great sales but its getting the hosts to cooperate that is the issue.

Hopefully your Chicago trip will brighten your days and spirits!

Agreed. I'm not sure what the answer is! The shows are great when they hold.

Jenni, I feel your pain and hope that it gets better. Keep your head up!

I had a host attempt to cancel on me last week ...
Hi.sheila I was going to see if we can reschedule the show.. I really thought I'd have more people rsvp by now but I haven't so im just not confident. I think itd be better if I rescheduled and tried to talk to more people.. I just feel the more the marrier! Lol I know its very short notice and I sincerely apologize. Would you like to reschedule with me?
My response:
I'm laughing because my last host who considered canceling with the same concern thought that only 3 people were coming and it wouldn't be enough ... but she ended up with 12 guests at her house because 9 more who failed to RSVP showed up. She also took orders from the ones who didn't show up & closed out at over $1,300 in sales. ;)I saw that you had 5 on Facebook who said they were coming & 5 more who said maybe. I don't want them to be disappointed. I think you should consider going through with it for the ones who already RSVP'd. They are willing & ready to come, so it's really not fair to cancel on them just because only a handful RSVP'd. You can call then ones who said maybe to see if they are planning to come. Anyone who's already said no or doesn't come, you can follow up with them to see if they are interested in ordering. I think if you push the show to the 23rd, you'll find people are in Halloween mode buying costumes & candy & that your sales won't be as high. The following weekend is out too since it's Halloween weekend.Let me know what you think.
She went ahead with the show, we had a great time. It was a small group, but I walked away with two bookings - and the host & one of the bookings want to join my team. I overcame her objection and it all worked out in the end. :D

Love to hear this Sheila. Where we are the area is becoming more highly populated but it is still shakey times.:grumpy:

Sorry Jenni. I've heard from various consultants, even those with strong sales and schedules, have had an unusual October...lots of cancellations. I had 5 reschedules myself! Here's to a better November and to an awesome trip to chicago for you! Sending you hugs...it bites.

1. What is "Talk Me Down From the Ledge... Vent Warning!"?

"Talk Me Down From the Ledge... Vent Warning!" is a platform where individuals can share their thoughts and feelings in a safe and supportive environment. It is a place to vent and receive support from others who may have similar experiences.

2. Is it a professional therapy or counseling service?

No, "Talk Me Down From the Ledge... Vent Warning!" is not a professional therapy or counseling service. It is a community-driven platform where individuals can offer support and understanding to one another. If you are in need of professional help, please seek out a licensed therapist or counselor.

3. Can I remain anonymous while using this platform?

Yes, you can choose to remain anonymous while using "Talk Me Down From the Ledge... Vent Warning!". Your username and personal information will not be shared with others without your consent. However, we do recommend being cautious when sharing personal information on any online platform.

4. Is there a cost to use this platform?

No, "Talk Me Down From the Ledge... Vent Warning!" is completely free to use. We believe that everyone deserves a safe space to express themselves without any financial burden.

5. How can I support others on this platform?

You can support others on "Talk Me Down From the Ledge... Vent Warning!" by offering words of encouragement, sharing your own experiences and advice, and simply listening and being there for someone who may be going through a difficult time. Your support can make a big difference in someone's life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • wadesgirl