• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taffy Apple Pizza: Too Much of a Good Thing?

I've had great success with this recipe using different types of apples.What recipe did you use - I have not tried the one listed on pc recipe search, but it calls for sugar cookie dough. The original recipe from '94 used peanut butter cookie dough - it is excellent, I used it often back in the day. I think I may have to break it out again. I can e-mail you the recipe if you give me your e-mail.I tried the one that called for the sugar cookie. i will also try using the pb cookie. or even something else. anything to try and get it to where i like it.:-)
brandynichoal
So I decided since i love apples, i wanted to give the taffy apple pizza a whirl. Is it just me or was anyone esle not impressed with it? :thumbdown: I mean i put two of my favorite things together (cookies and apples) and i just felt so blah about the whole thing.

Has anyone tried to alter the recipe a little?

Any suggestions?

I love it and it's always a hit when I demo it at a show. Did you leave something out?

nope. nothing left out. and thats what i dont understand. i have yet to find a PC recipe that i didnt like or wasnt impressed with. maybe it was just me tonight. i did find another thread where they used actual pizza dough and fixed it up with some sugar. maybe i will try it again that way.

What recipe did you use - I have not tried the one listed on pc recipe search, but it calls for sugar cookie dough. The original recipe from '94 used peanut butter cookie dough - it is excellent, I used it often back in the day. I think I may have to break it out again. I can e-mail you the recipe if you give me your e-mail.

i tried the one that called for the sugar cookie. i will also try using the pb cookie. or even something else. anything to try and get it to where i like it.:)

I LOVE this recipe. It's actually what was made at the very first PC party I went to. I still like to make it every once in a while. Sorry it didn't quite hit the spot for you. :(

I figured out how to copy & paste from my recipe file so here is the recipe. Remember it's from '94 so I'm not sure how/how many ounces the cookie dough is sold now.

Taffy Apple Pizza

Serves: 16
seasons best ss '94

1 20-ounce package refridgerated peanut butter cookie dough
3 tablespoons flour
1 8-ounce package cream cheese -softened
1/2 cup brown sugar -packed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 cup lemon-lime soda
Cinnamon
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Preheat oven to 350°. Remove 1/2 cup of cookie dough and reserve for another use. Add flour to remaining dough and knead with hands to combine. Press dough into a 14" circile on the 15" baking stone. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookie is lightly browned. Let cool 10 minutes. Run serrated bread knife or spatula under crust to loosen from stone. Cool completely.

Blend cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread on cooled cookie crust. Peel, core, adn slice apples with the apple peeler/corer/slicer. Cut into slices. Dip apples slices in lemon-lime soda to prevent browning. Arrange apple slices on cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Heat caramel topping slightly and drizzle over apples. Sprinkle chopped nuts over pizza. Cut into pieces and serve.

Taffy Apple Pizza is always a huge hit whenever I make it. I actually made it a week ago and instead of chopped peanuts, I chopped two Skor (toffee) bars and it was SO good!! I think I'll do that every time.

The apples make a difference, too. Make sure you're using something tart like Granny Smith.

LOVE. It's one of my all time faves!!

raebates said:
The apples make a difference, too. Make sure you're using something tart like Granny Smith.

That's what I was going to say. :)

This has been a HUGE hit for me with customers and the fall season! Everyone loves the taffy apple pizza. Sorry to hear you weren't a fan. I love that it's simple to demo and delicious at the end...most of my customers are busy moms and love the simple yet tastey recipes we have to offer...I put 1/4 cup extra peanut butter in my recipe ;)

At one of my shows I grabbed the wrong sauce out of my supply box...chocolate raspberry...so I punted. I was honest with my guests about grabbing the wrong sauces, and that they were going to be my testers...they loved it so much that they said there would forget the caramel and stick with the chocolate raspberry sauce!! My mistake turned out to be a success....everyone gave their email addresses so that I could send them the recipe =) Maybe that would be worth a try...mix it up so it wows you!! Good luck!!!

We have a new caramel sauce now, too, so that might give it a little more "kick"!
And, when you add vanilla to the recipe, try doubling it, if you're not using PC vanilla! That is ALWAYS a good thing to do!!

Definitely be sure you're using a tart, Granny Smith apple, too.

1. What ingredients are needed to make Taffy Apple Pizza?

Taffy Apple Pizza is made with a pre-made sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, caramel topping, apples, peanuts, and chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different type of cookie dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie dough that you prefer, such as chocolate chip or oatmeal. However, the flavor may be slightly different from the original recipe.

3. How long does it take to make Taffy Apple Pizza?

The prep time for Taffy Apple Pizza is about 10 minutes, and the baking time is around 20 minutes. So, in total, it takes about 30 minutes to make.

4. Can I make Taffy Apple Pizza ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Taffy Apple Pizza ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving.

5. Can I add additional toppings to Taffy Apple Pizza?

Yes, you can customize Taffy Apple Pizza by adding toppings such as chopped nuts, sprinkles, or drizzled chocolate on top. Get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeAnnR
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • basketmom2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies