• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suyb 2011 Discussion: Cooking Show Activities

In summary, research shows that fun activities can create a positive atmosphere and bond between people. These activities can also capture attention and increase retention. Popular activities used by consultants include the Ticket Activity, the drawing slip, the Bookings/Recruiting Slide, and the Why Bag. Some consultants also use a deck of cards as a fun way to reward participation and engage guests. One effective activity is the "Be, Do, Have" exercise, where guests are asked to envision what they want to be, do, and have, and then fill out their contact information for a chance to win a prize. Other ways to earn cards include participating in the recipe and using tools, playing games like Love It and Gotta Have It, and actively listening
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Research tells us that:
• Fun activities create a positive climate.
When people laugh and have fun together, a special bond is created between
them. They may be more willing to help the host if she’s planning on starting her own business, or be more receptive to your customer care calls, simply because the laughter you enjoyed together created positive feelings.

• Fun activities capture people’s attention and increase retention.
The normal human brain loves to laugh! And emotions enhance our retention.
So the positive feelings that result from fun and laughter increase the probability that guests will pay more attention and remember what you said.
Consultants use a variety of activities at their Shows to inform guests about all their services. The most common ones are the Ticket Activity, the drawing slip, the Bookings/Recruiting Slide, and the Why Bag.

• What’s your favorite one, and why?
• Which one would you like to use more effectively?
• Share your version and what you do to keep your shows fun

*Booking Slide- so easy to do and everything is right there so you don't forget anything!!
*Drawing slip..I am going to use the "have, do, be" idea that you shared tonight and alternate it with their 5 top wish list items. I need to be using it during my Full Service Checkout.
* I use a deck of cards the whole night. I reward participation by giving them a card every chance I get. They love the cards...lots of fun competition all night. At the end of the night, I pull out another deck of cards and have the host randomly draw one. The guest with the matching card wins the grand prize. I always tell them at the beginning of the PARTY that the more cards they get the more chances they have to win.

Thanks Judith... For the Be, Do and Have:

If you could BE anything, what would that be?
If you could DO anything, what would that be?
If you could HAVE anything, what would that be?

Then walk them through filling out the contact info...phone and email info must be complete to be eligible to win the prize. I then like to review a couple of the answers and demonstrate how PC can help them be, do and have exactly that. When I draw the winner, if the email and number is not filled....I say, oh, too bad....you would have won!

I also don't care if they check the boxes for hosting or joining because I'll still be asking them at FSCO. They may have changed their mind after the Be, Do and Have activity.

Judith...would you mind sharing what "gets" guests a card? Sounds like fun!

I mostly hand them out during the cooking time. One way they can get cards is for doing a step in the recipe while using a tool. I also play Love It and Gotta Have It during my cooking time. The first guest to say gotta have it about a particular tool gets a card. The first guest to say Love It and tell us why they love it gets a card. I have handed a guest card for listening really well while others were talking. I give cards for reading sections of the booking slide. The guests really seem to enjoy receiving their cards. We all smile and laugh alot!!

Hello Suyb,I completely agree that fun activities can create a positive climate and capture people's attention. As a pampered chef consultant, I have found that incorporating fun activities into my cooking shows not only makes them more enjoyable for the guests, but also helps me to connect with them on a deeper level.My favorite activity to use at shows is the Ticket Activity. I love this activity because it allows guests to participate and potentially win a prize, while also learning about the products and services that I offer. It's a great way to engage the guests and keep their attention throughout the show.To use this activity more effectively, I have started to personalize the tickets with my contact information and a special offer for guests to use after the show. This not only helps to increase retention, but also encourages guests to reach out to me for future purchases or to host their own show.In addition to the Ticket Activity, I also like to use the Bookings/Recruiting Slide and the Why Bag. These activities not only inform guests about my services, but also provide an opportunity for them to ask questions and get more involved in the show.To keep my shows fun, I like to incorporate a theme or game into each one. For example, I recently had a "Chopped" themed show where guests had to use certain ingredients in their recipes. It was a hit and everyone had a great time. I also make sure to keep the energy high and engage with the guests throughout the show.Thank you for starting this discussion and sharing the importance of fun activities at cooking shows. I look forward to hearing from other consultants and learning new ways to make my shows even more enjoyable for everyone involved.Happy cooking!

1. What is the purpose of the cooking show activities in Suyb 2011 Discussion?

The cooking show activities in Suyb 2011 Discussion are designed to provide participants with a fun and interactive way to learn about different cooking techniques, ingredients, and recipes. These activities also promote teamwork and communication skills.

2. Do I need to have prior cooking experience to participate in these activities?

No, prior cooking experience is not necessary to participate in these activities. The activities are designed for all skill levels and are meant to be a learning experience for everyone.

3. What types of dishes will be featured in the cooking show activities?

The cooking show activities will feature a variety of dishes from different cuisines around the world. This includes appetizers, entrees, desserts, and more. The specific dishes may vary depending on the theme of the activity.

4. Will all ingredients and equipment be provided for the cooking show activities?

Yes, all necessary ingredients and equipment will be provided for the cooking show activities. However, if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know in advance so accommodations can be made.

5. Can I sign up for multiple cooking show activities?

Yes, you are welcome to sign up for multiple cooking show activities. However, please keep in mind that there may be limited spots available and priority may be given to those who have not participated in a previous activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
U.weber
  • Jolie_Paradoxe