• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes

Chef®. Our products practically sell themselves and our team provides training and support to help you along the way.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
So, you found someone who wants to explore the business opportunity. And you’ve scheduled a time to discuss how the business might be a good fit, wahoo! You've helped get them to see the benefits with the interview. Now, how to get to the yes?

The first step to getting to a “yes” … and it’s up to you is You need to “pop” the question!

Which question am I talking about?
• The question is, “Would you like to be part of The Pampered Chef®?,” or other words that convey the same message. Yes, you have to just come out and ask them. ;)

We can use two resources to help us “pop” the question:
• The back cover of the Join Us! Recruiting Booklet.
• The last page in the Guide to the Join Us! Recruiting Booklet. (The page headline in the guide is Start Today! p. 8)

Look at the back cover of the recruiting booklet. What messages do the text and picture send to prospective Consultants?
• Answer: The booklet challenges prospects to Start Today! You can help them to do that!

Generally, when people are considering The Pampered Chef® business opportunity, there are really just three questions they ask themselves.

Question 1: Could this work for me?
• Think back to when you were making the decision to start your business. Did this question go through your mind.
• What helped you answer this question with a yes?

Question 2: Is there help available?
• What did you most want help with when you were starting your business?
• What concerns do you hear most from the people you’ve interviewed?
• Throughout the interview, you’ll be providing the groundwork for a yes to this question.

Question 3: Do I want to do this?
• Every single person asks him/herself this question.
• Doesn’t it make perfect sense that if they’re already asking themselves this question, it’s easy for you to ask, too, by simply “popping the question”?
• At this point, your prospect has probably decided whether or not to join, so it’s appropriate for you to ask.

After you “pop” the question, the person is going to answer “Yes”, “No”, or “I need to think about it.”

The Guide to the Join Us! Recruiting Booklet suggests word choices to use. Go to Start Today! (p. 8).

What do you say when the prospect says, “Yes”?

What do you say when the prospect says, “No”?
•The first paragraph ends with the question, “Can we stay in touch?” Why is it a good idea to stay in touch with prospects? … How many of you signed up the first time you were asked or interviewed?
•When someone says, “No,” to the opportunity, what else could you ask them to do?
You could ask them to host a Show, do a Catalog Show or refer others to you.

If a prospect says “I need to think about it,” what does the guide recommend that you do?
• Ask questions to identify what makes them hesitate, then brainstorm solutions together and ask again for a “yes.”

What should you do if the prospect is still undecided?
• Set a time to reconnect within 24–48 hours.

Discussion 1a: Let’s take turns “popping” the question. Here are a few questions you can use to ask. Let’s see how many questions we can think of.

• Are you ready to get started?
• When do you want to get your first commission check?
• Would you like to be part of The Pampered Chef®?
• When do you want to schedule your Grand Opening?
• Other?

Discussion 1b:What are some hesitations or concerns your lead may have, and what are some solutions you can offer? I’ll list a couple of common concerns to get us started…how could you reply and address these fears?

• I don’t have time.
• I could never stand up in front of so many people.
• I don’t have that many friends.
• I’m not a salesperson.

• I don’t have the money to invest. • I don't have time: You don't need much time to be successful with The Pampered Chef®! Our business model is designed to fit into your life as you go about your regular activities, so you can work when it's convenient for you. • I could never stand up in front of so many people: That's ok, you don't have to! You can always host private in-home shows or even virtual shows. Plus, there is no pressure to do anything you're not comfortable with. • I don't have that many friends: You don't need a lot of friends to be successful with The Pampered Chef®. You just need to know a few people who would be interested in our products and services and you can reach out to them to set up a show. • I'm not a salesperson: You don't need to be a salesperson to be successful with The Pampered Chef®. All you need to do is share the great products and services we have to offer and help people make informed decisions. • I don't have the money to invest: It's affordable to get started and you don't need a lot of money to invest. The cost to become a Consultant is only $109 and the cost of a Starter Kit is only $85. Plus, you have the potential to make your money back in no time!

User1: I think the best way to "pop" the question is to be direct and confident. You could say something like, "So, are you ready to join The Pampered Chef® and start your own business?" or "Would you like to be part of The Pampered Chef® and start earning commissions?"
User2: Another way to "pop" the question could be, "Are you ready to take the next step and become a Pampered Chef® consultant?" or "Can you see yourself being successful with The Pampered Chef® and making extra income?"
User3: Some hesitations or concerns a lead may have could be that they don't have time. In that case, we could offer solutions like setting a flexible schedule or finding ways to work around their current commitments.
User4: Another common concern could be that they don't have many friends to host parties or buy products. In this case, we could suggest utilizing online platforms or reaching out to family and acquaintances to expand their network.
User5: For those who may not feel confident in their sales skills, we can reassure them that The Pampered Chef® provides training and support to help them succeed, and they don't need to be a traditional salesperson to be successful.

What is "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes"?

"Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes" is a popular book written by Roger Fisher and William Ury that focuses on the principles of negotiation and coming to mutually beneficial agreements.

Who are the authors of "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes"?

The authors of "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes" are Roger Fisher and William Ury. They are both experts in negotiation and have worked as consultants, educators, and authors in the field.

What are the key principles of negotiation discussed in "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes"?

The key principles of negotiation discussed in "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes" include separating people from the problem, focusing on interests rather than positions, generating multiple options for mutual gain, and using objective criteria for decision-making.

Is "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes" a helpful resource for improving negotiation skills?

Yes, "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes" is considered a highly valuable resource for improving negotiation skills. It provides practical strategies and techniques for successful negotiation and has been widely praised by readers for its effectiveness.

Are there any updated versions of "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes" available?

Yes, there is an updated version of "Suyb 2011 Discussion: Getting to Yes" titled "Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In" that was published in 2011. It includes new case studies and examples to reflect current negotiation practices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila