• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections

YOUR living room!!In summary, the key to handling objections and getting bookings is to remember the four steps: Check for Understanding, Acknowledge Concern, Ask Again, and Provide a Solution. By using these steps, you can address any objections and turn them into booking opportunities. Additionally, there are many different replies you can use for common objections, such as being too busy, not knowing many people, or having a small home. By being creative and offering unique party themes or incentives, you can overcome objections and book successful parties. Remember to always stay positive and confident in your approach.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Remember, Check for Understanding, Acknowledge Concern and Ask Again.

Here's a couple of sample replies to help you respond to objections. Can you think of other replies?

"I'm too busy"

"Well, then you're perfect! Busy people know lots of people; so you and your busy friends can enjoy at least one relaxed evening!"

“I’m sure it’s hard to think about adding something else to your to-do list. Most of my hosts are busy people, so I make it easy for them. Part of my service is to send the invitations for you and make the reminder calls, too.”

"I don't know very many people"
This is a common fear. What I like to do for my hosts who share this concern, is turn their party into a contest! We'll call all your guests and write on your invitations to bring a friend. Anyone who brings a friend will receive a ticket for a free gift from me, and whoever brings the most friends will receive……(free rub, or whatever).

"No one will come . . . all my friends are already here"
You'd be surprised! Most, if not ALL guests have large wish lists, and can't buy it all at the first party! They usually need 8 to 10 parties to be able to buy everything they want! And, I'm sure there are a few people you know who aren't here! We can have your party on a different night! Everyone has different plans and different days work for different people!

"All my friends are partied out"
Guests usually don't pass up the opportunity to get out of the house—away from kids and family hassles or just an hour or two to relax! But they do tire of the same old thing! So we can come up with something different. Something fun and unique for you and your guests!

Perhaps a "Girls Night Out" –wine, and chocolate desserts!
Or a "Mexican Fiesta"? (You can come up with your own ideas depending on what you're comfortable making)
A "Back to School Bash"

"My home isn't big enough"
Are you thinking we need to have your party in the kitchen? (stop and listen) Most of my shows are done in the largest room of the home on a card-sized table! For one of my hosts that meant the master bedroom, so we had a PJ and popcorn party! We can even have it outside on the patio!

"I dunno…" (They want you to give them a great reason for hosting!! This is a 'yes' in disguise!!!)
What do you mean you don't know!? (be happy when you say this) This is a great month to have a party—probably the best! I would hate for you and your guests to miss out! Think about it! I come and do all the cooking, I even take all my dirty dishes home with me!! You and your friends will get to relax, eat and enjoy! And remember….at the end of the party you get a FREE shopping spree with the Pampered Chef! I'm sure there are products you want and haven't been able to get yet! Come on, what do you say? Can I come and throw a party for you and your friends? (sometimes they're unsure because they think they will have to do all the work—if they still hesitate after this, clarify how easy it is for them!)

Say . . . It's sounds like maybe you're thinking this will be a lot of work! Let me clear that one up right away!

Attachments

• Objections.doc
    69 KB · Views: 681
I LOVE these!!! I am SO weak in this area and I really want to get better. I am going to start using these right away!! I even sent these to my Director and she was very appreciative!!

I'm printing these off to study tonight. I have a booth tomorrow at our local mall (main one in the town I'm going to be at)....and it's TAX-FREE Weekend so LOTS OF shoppers for back-to-school. We'll be right by the food court too. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm optimistic that I will have some bookings on my calendar by the end of the weekend (I have a total of 9 hrs over 3 shifts.)

I stole this one from my Director Express seminar with Amy Neal. The first day was a seminar on getting a full calendar:(and I just tried this last night for my booking blitz)........When your host says, "I don't know that many people so 40 invitations is just not realistic."
I will say.. "who is your favorite actor of all time?"
She said, "Brad Pitt"
I say, "Brad Pitt? I thought for sure you would have said Matthew McCono hay hay hay!"She laughs..... I say, "girl, imagine this. Brad Pitt just asked you to marry him. Shoo! You're so excited, you want to shout from the mountain tops and let everyone know, right?" Well tell me.... WHO would you invite to your wedding?" "I'm telling you, invite the world. Tell everyone. E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E......you hear me?" This at least breaks the ice and helps us brainstorm to get guests there. Of course I always add incentives for guests that bring friends.Amy Neal had some great ideas and this one certainly makes brainstorming fun.

Glad you and your director liked them Judith. Here's hoping they help you as you make those ctc calls and FSCO at your shows!

Bobbi -glad you're prepping for your vendor opportunity. I know you'll be great and can't wait to hear the update. I read somewhere to "train your brain" by practicing your word choices/replies OUT LOUD. Apparently, it makes a difference.

With our August and September specials... I'm confident you can pack your calendar to your specific goals. Hope you don't mind my suggestions...you probably know this, but I'm posting for others as well. ;)

Have host packets and available dates ready...how many shows would you like?
I would also be looking for new teammembers...for $80, they can start earning some $$ to make up for those BTS expenses. ;)

Brenda....thanks for sharing that. I LOVE, LOVE that reply! Super cute and lighthearted answer with an easy solution!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Glad you and your director liked them Judith. Here's hoping they help you as you make those ctc calls and FSCO at your shows!Bobbi -glad you're prepping for your vendor opportunity. I know you'll be great and can't wait to hear the update. I read somewhere to "train your brain" by practicing your word choices/replies OUT LOUD. Apparently, it makes a difference. With our August and September specials... I'm confident you can pack your calendar to your specific goals. Hope you don't mind my suggestions...you probably know this, but I'm posting for others as well. ;)Have host packets and available dates ready...how many shows would you like?
I would also be looking for new teammembers...for $80, they can start earning some $$ to make up for those BTS expenses. ;)Brenda....thanks for sharing that. I LOVE, LOVE that reply! Super cute and lighthearted answer with an easy solution!
I'm all over this. I put together 6 August Show packets, and 6 September. I also have some extra catalogs should I get rid of all of those. I'm using Susie Nelson's Kick Butt "Secret Booking Weapon" - modified (since I'm sharing a booth), but I took her training, and she talks about conversation to start the relationship, etc. I would love to get 1 show per hour I am there.....I'm there 9 hours total. :) Very lofty goal, but that is what I'm shooting for. I also have 9 Recruiting packets together. I'd love to give those all away. (I need 4 to hit my minimum recruits for Director.) Good reminder about the $80 kit though!I'm doing this with a NED and another Director, so they apparently have a great set up. I'm excited, but very nervous too. It's VERY hard for me to strike up a conversation. As I was stamping my recipe cards, I was thinking of an opener "Do you like brownies??" and then when they say yes (because who say's NO), I can offer them a Recipe card/Mini and take it from there.I'll let you know. I've got my "stuff" ready, so I'm going to spend the rest of the evening "studying" my 30-second commercial and some of the objection responses. :D

Update on my booth this weekend. It went surprisingly well! I say surprisingly, because by my nature, it's hard for me to strike up a conversation out of the blue. My mind draws blanks on things to say!BUT, on Friday, I had memorized a 30-second Commercial (Actually, I "borrowed" CK Hall's 30-second commercial from her workshop notes - THANKS CK!). My DH and boys were out playing hockey, so as I made dinner, I just kept saying it over and over. Then using CK's same notes, her next paragraph had some good words for what to say when someone said they "LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!".So here's how it went. I would offer a "Free Recipe" to passerbys (if they looked at me....I did NOT stalk or chase, or bother people who were obviously avoiding me). There was a newspaper guy in front of us, and he did that enough for all of us! So that made our jobs a bit tougher. But when someone did look at us, etc, we'd offer it. If they kept walking, ok, great. But several times, people paused, looked at the card, or would say something about PC. That gave me the window of opportunity. If they didn't say anything, I would ask "Are you familiar with the Pampered Chef?" Then if they said 'no', I did my commercial. If they said 'yes', or 'yes, I love...", or I've been to several shows, then I could ask about a favorite product, etc. We also were giving away 2 DCBs, so it was easy to encourage entries. I would continue to converse and ask questions or talk to them. A few I was able to take from "no", to at least a "maybe", some even 'yes- most likely". No actual dates on my calendar YET. But I have one definite Yes LIVE show and one definite yes Catalog show- gave out packets.I had 20 total leads, which I thought were great, because most are GOOD leads, not "fluff". 6 had checked YES to either a Cooking or Catalog show, or MAYBE/YES to recruit information. 9 had checked MAYBE to either cooking/catalog show. And 5 selected NO or didn't check anything, but a few of those are "customer service follow ups"...meaning I said I'd try to find a recipe or item they were looking for, etc. And 3 of those "no's" were ok with the Newsletter. My goal was 9 shows booked....so hopefully, after follow-ups, I have that. :DSO...I was happy! Besides being my best booth event in terms of customer interaction, I've never done an event that I did my commercials so well! I even had the opportunity to pull out a few of the "Responding to Objections" responses....turned a "no" into a "probably yes"!! :) I did realize though....I need to work the phone more! Because that HAS to be so much easier than standing on your feet for 9 hrs. :)

Way to go Bobbi! :D

Wow! I got duplicated! How cool is that!! Way to go Bobbi!!

LOLYou know you're a success when ...

That's great to hear Bobbi! With follow up, you'll definitely be adding to your calendar. Congrats on stretching that comfort zone and I loved reading your update.

Glad you found an approach you're comfortable with and you rocked the prep work!
So, did you have a chance to see how the others in the group worked booth? Anything you liked?

Phone time is definitely better than 9 hrs...plus, they know you and expect your call....even if it's just to see how they're loving their goodies. :)

What is "Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections"?

"Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections" is a guide or framework for addressing and responding to objections or challenges that may arise in various situations, such as in debates, discussions, or negotiations.

Who created "Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections"?

"Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections" was created by a team of experts in communication, negotiation, and critical thinking, led by author and professor Dr. John Suyb.

What can I expect to learn from "Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections"?

"Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections" provides strategies and techniques for effectively responding to objections, including understanding the underlying reasons for objections, identifying logical fallacies, and using persuasive language.

Is "Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections" applicable to all situations?

While the principles and methods outlined in "Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections" can be applied to many different situations, it is primarily focused on addressing objections in interpersonal communication and negotiations.

Can "Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections" guarantee success in responding to objections?

No, as every situation and individual is unique, there is no guarantee of success in responding to objections. However, "Suyb 2011: Responding to Objections" offers valuable insights and strategies that can increase the chances of effectively addressing objections and achieving a favorable outcome.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennyl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • DebbieJ
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • melissaboyd