• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Session 1 Discussion: Courage to Connect

YES! I do want to have a PC party!" In summary, holding back from making business calls is often caused by negative thoughts and emotions, such as fear of rejection or being seen as pushy. However, these thoughts and emotions can be overcome by visualizing a positive outcome, changing old negative stories into new ones, and not taking "no" personally. Making time for business calls is crucial for success, and it's important to brainstorm ways to close a contact on a positive note after a rejection. Finally, it's important to share concerns and successes with others in order to learn and grow in the business.
Sheila
Gold Member
What's holding you back?
  • Get a pen & paper & finish these sentences:
    • Making business calls is ________________________________.
    • What two words describe the emotions you feel when it's time to make business phone calls?
    • Making contacts while out and about is ___________________.
    • What two words describe the emotions you feel when you realize you have the opportunity to connect with someone while out and about?
  • Discussion:
    • In what way do you think your thoughts and emotions affect your willingness to make contacts?
    • If answering these questions brought up negative thoughts and feelings, what do you think created those feelings?
    • What did you discover about your courage to connect?

Face the Fear
  • What's one thing in your Pampered Chef business that was, at one time, scary for you to do but isn't any more?

Visualize the outcome you desire. - Post your "New Stories"
  • Old Story: I doubt she'll schedule a show.
  • New Story: She might say, "I thought about your nonstick cookware as I scrubbed a nasty skillet last night. I think I'd like to host a show."
  • Old Story: If I call one more time she's going to think I'm pushy.
  • New Story: When I call it will be perfect timing and she could say, I'm so glad you called. I wanted to add a Salad Chopper to the order I turned in at the show last night."
  • Old Story: She'll probably think I'm crazy if I just start talking to her while we're waiting in this line.
  • New Story: She could say, I've been thinking about a way to earn extra money. I'd love to hear more." She'll be so thankful I started a conversation when she gets her first commission check!

Stop taking "noes" personally! - Let's brainstorm ways you can close a contact on a postiive note after a "No, thanks!"
  • Say, "I'm sorry to hear that. I was really looking forward to ..."
  • Ask if they know someone who might be interested.
  • Ask if you can send a catalog.
  • Ask if you can check back at another time.
  • Other ideas?

Come on SUYB class participants! This is your discussion part of the class! LOL Jump in there & voice those concerns so you can start to work past them and learn that what used to be scary for you isn't scary anymore! :D

I want so see some "New Stories" too!

Here is one part that came as an aha moment today.

Making business calls is not about "not having the time to make them" but MAKING the time to make them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My biggest challenge is finding the time to make the calls. Usually before I know it, the day has slipped past me and I did not make any calls (or do too much really to work my business at all).

I really want this to be an income producing business, and in order to reach my goals, I need to MAKE the time for my business and make it a point to schedule time to make calls, etc. Part of it is to get my call list ready the night before. That way, I can make calls in the van while I am waiting in the car line at school, or if I have 10 minutes of downtime here and there. I can do it!!! and WILL do it!!!!

Old Story: She'll probably think I'm crazy if I just start talking to her while we're waiting in this line.

New story: "I haven't been to a Pampered Chef show in years. My lady moved out of town. I LOVE Pampered Chef products!"

I'm signing a recruit tomorrow! She's joining me at a show to observe and signing. She already has 3 shows lined up for the next three Fridays. I'm excited.

Good ones Brenda!

Way to go Julie!!! :D

I have to be honest here ... I thought about answering these questions online, but I am afraid, after what I've been through this week, that people will accuse me of being negative simply because I express honest frustrations. I did make calls Monday, and got four no's in a row. PLUS my roomate, who has NEVER ordered from me, is sitting here looking at MY book, for a party his stepsister is having with someone else! But ... I got an order for a show I'm turning in, and it's nearly $100 AND she's thinking about doing a show!

Old story: They said they might want to host but havent anwsered or return my calls and so they must be trying to tell me they dont want to and I dont want them to feel pressure.

New Story: I could call to find out if they did want to host or if they need to wait to a later date and they could respond "thank you so much for calling me back, I complelty forgot about calling you back and yes I would love to host a show"

Intrepid_Chef said:
I have to be honest here ... I thought about answering these questions online, but I am afraid, after what I've been through this week, that people will accuse me of being negative simply because I express honest frustrations. I did make calls Monday, and got four no's in a row. PLUS my roomate, who has NEVER ordered from me, is sitting here looking at MY book, for a party his stepsister is having with someone else! But ... I got an order for a show I'm turning in, and it's nearly $100 AND she's thinking about doing a show!

Nope. It's not for vents - re-read the directions. It says to get out a pen & paper & write down your negatives, then, if your answers brought up negative feelings - your posts should be about how you will or did overcome those fears. ;)

pamperedchef88 said:
Old story: They said they might want to host but havent anwsered or return my calls and so they must be trying to tell me they dont want to and I dont want them to feel pressure.

New Story: I could call to find out if they did want to host or if they need to wait to a later date and they could respond "thank you so much for calling me back, I complelty forgot about calling you back and yes I would love to host a show"

:thumbup: Love it! :D

Old Story: They are going to think that I am crazy because I keep calling!

New Story! I am so glad that you called! Life has been busy and I lost your number!!!!

Oh ... I see. I thought you were asking us to post the WHOLE thing on here .... which I'd really rather not!

KCPChef said:
Old Story: They are going to think that I am crazy because I keep calling!

New Story! I am so glad that you called! Life has been busy and I lost your number!!!!

:thumbup: Good one Kristin

Intrepid_Chef said:
Oh ... I see. I thought you were asking us to post the WHOLE thing on here .... which I'd really rather not!

;)

Intrepid_Chef said:

Justs think, you are 4 no's closer to a YES! Go for those no's!!!!:D

I am so excited!!!!!!!! I have been making calls all week. Not necessarily "Out of the Blue" calls, but ones that needed to be made (following up with show guests before the show closes and such).
I have also been going through all of my contacts tonight (door prize drawing slips) organizing putting them into the computer and putting together a binder to organize and make contacts. I have a couple of other hostesses to touch base with tomorrow, and then I will be making some "out of the blue" calls.
This class has helped me so much already. I can't wait to see what the next 4 weeks will bring to my business!!!!!

Oh and I had 2 future hostesses IM me on facebook tonight. I am truly excited about the relationships I am building with my hostesses and customers.

Ok so I've just joined and I'm jumping ahead of myself but I wanted to do something atleast so here goes:

Discussion:
In what way do you think your thoughts and emotions affect your willingness to make contacts? I am nervous and embarrassed to make cold contacts (and warm ones also!)
If answering these questions brought up negative thoughts and feelings, what do you think created those feelings? Lack of practice and fear of NO
What did you discover about your courage to connect? That it goes away without practice (and that I suppose as I push myself past my fear the courage will come back right????)

Face the Fear
What's one thing in your Pampered Chef business that was, at one time, scary for you to do but isn't any more? I guess doing shows they are not as scary anymore however I'm kind of nervous again b/c I just started back up and have done only one show I'm sure as I get back "into it" I'll get my nerve up again. (I want to share a funny thing I heard on xm radio this week. Jerry Sinfeld said there was a study of people's fears and top ranking fear was of public speaking guess what number 2 was? DEATH so if your at a funeral and are the "average" american you'd rather be in the casket then giving the eulogy. Just that I'm nervous to speak at shows made me think of this I hope you dont mind me sharing!

Visualize the outcome you desire. - Post your "New Stories"
Old Story: If I call her I'm just going to annoy her I'm tired of asking people for favors.
New Story: I call and she says "Oh I'm so excited I love doing Pampered Chef parties in fact I've been thinking about joining!"

For the NO's
Send them to the website, point out the outlet store?

Love the "rather be in the casket" comment. That's funny.

I have to tell you that I cannot wait to get home from work today and make calls. All of my feelings and fears were expressed here and I do not feel like such a dweeb any more.

:thumbup: Go Linda! :D

What is the purpose of the Courage to Connect session?

The Courage to Connect session is designed to help participants build strong connections and relationships with others through the power of food and cooking.

Who can attend the Courage to Connect session?

Anyone can attend the Courage to Connect session, whether they are a current Pampered Chef customer or not. It is open to all individuals who are interested in learning more about building connections through food and cooking.

What can I expect to learn during the Courage to Connect session?

During the session, you will learn practical tips and strategies for using food and cooking as a means to connect with others. You will also learn about the impact that strong relationships can have on our overall well-being and happiness.

Do I need to have any prior cooking experience to attend the session?

No, you do not need to have any prior cooking experience to attend the Courage to Connect session. The session is designed for individuals of all cooking levels, from beginners to experienced chefs.

How long is the Courage to Connect session?

The session typically lasts about 1 hour, but may vary slightly depending on the size of the group and the level of participation. We encourage attendees to arrive a few minutes early to get settled in and introduce themselves to others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
U.weber
  • Jolie_Paradoxe