• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Survivor's Expo: A Fundraising Event in a Rural Community

In summary, the conversation is about a person who has been browsing through fundraiser threads and received a call from a breast cancer survivor who wants to organize a one or two day event/expo in October. The event will mainly be informational and will involve various companies such as Mary Kay, Avon, Longaberger, and PC. The person is not familiar with Longaberger and their products, but they do know that PC has a fundraiser in May with HWC and sells pink products. They are seeking suggestions and help on how to handle the call and want to know more about Longaberger before contacting the breast cancer survivor. The conversation also mentions a bridal show coming up and the possibility of participating in the expo but taking orders for a fundraiser
hgoffigon
Hi....I have been pouring thru the fundraiser threads and feel like my eyeballs are going to pop out. I need to call this lady back that contacted me who is a breast cancer survivor. She wants to do a one or two day event/expo (I know nothing about expos and have never been involved in any fundraising) in Oct. From the way I understand this is mainly an informational thing....having resources available for folks to learn and a way for her to reach out and give back to our small, rural community. She wants to involve Mary Kay, Avon, Longaberger and PC. She asked if PC had anything like Longaberger...they have the horizon of hope baskets....I just looked on the longaberger site....I know next to nothing about longaberger....never been to a show and don't own any....it appears that they baskets available July-Sept. I told her that PC does their thing in May with HWC and sells pink products then.....I just wasn't sure what to tell her...I want to be supportive of her and be available but I also want to know what I am talking about before I call her back. I really need to call her back but don't want to fumble over my words. Thanks so much for suggestions and help.

Maybe you can participate in the expo but take orders for a fundraiser with the American Cancer Society as the organization? I am doing my first "fair" type thing next Sat. It's a bridal show within a state fair (how strange is that!?). Hoping to get registry sign ups or bookings I guess. It's only 2 hours and at the worst should be a learning experience and a way to get my name out there!
Rae Ann

Let her pick who the fundraiser will be for, you can have your survey slips and make sure if the people want to know more about our May HWC to mark yes, you can contact them for next May. Still have a fundraiser now. If you wanted you could pick a product, (ie. cookware) and offer a slight discount, or make an additional donation for each piece ordered.

1. What is the purpose of Survivor's Expo: A Fundraising Event in a Rural Community?

The purpose of Survivor's Expo is to raise funds for individuals and families in rural communities who have been affected by cancer. The event aims to provide support and resources for survivors, caregivers, and their loved ones.

2. When and where will Survivor's Expo take place?

Survivor's Expo will take place on Saturday, October 16th from 10am-4pm at the local community center in Smithville, a rural town in the Midwest.

3. How can I participate in Survivor's Expo as a survivor or caregiver?

If you are a cancer survivor or caregiver, you can participate in Survivor's Expo by attending the event and connecting with other survivors and caregivers in the community. You can also share your story and experiences, or volunteer to help with the event.

4. Are there any activities or workshops planned for Survivor's Expo?

Yes, there will be various activities and workshops throughout the day, including informative sessions about cancer prevention, nutrition for survivors, and managing side effects of treatment. There will also be fun activities such as a survivor fashion show and a silent auction.

5. How can I support Survivor's Expo as a sponsor or donor?

As a sponsor or donor, you can support Survivor's Expo by making a monetary donation, donating goods or services for the silent auction, or becoming a sponsor for the event. Your support will help us raise funds and create a memorable experience for survivors and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies