• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise Dessert for Next Friday? Ideas Without a Cake Pan?

In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 filling, repeat layers.You can also use a 9x13 inch pan if you want to. Just use 3 layers of cake and 3 layers of filling.
pamperedmomto3
I have a show next Friday and the host wants "something different". She was at a show yesterday where I made a skillet cake so she doesn't want that but would prefer it be a dessert. Any suggestions? I don't have any of the baking pans (i.e. torte, springform or cake) but have just about everything else. TIA

I love the warm nutty brownie....I make it all the time...thus I am growing into a new size!

Has she seen a trifle? People are always amazed at how pretty they are, and how EASY they are to make!

KellyTheChef said:
Has she seen a trifle? People are always amazed at how pretty they are, and how EASY they are to make!

Any one in particular?

This is my FAVORITE, but I added a few others to choose from. I could eat the cheesecake filling by the spoonful!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Here is how I make pound cake from a boxed mix for use with the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle:

Using a butter or yellow flavored cake mix, mix according to the package directions only add one extra egg and one small box of vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding mix (just the powder- don’t’ add any milk to it!)

Spray the LBP with Bakers Joy and bake at 350 degrees for 20-28 minutes or till done.

You can change up the flavors for different cakes-
Spice cake mix and vanilla pudding
Lemon cake mix and lemon pudding
Chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding, etc.

If you like a dense moist cake- this one’s for you!

** When I make this for my trifle, I cut most of it up at home using the bread knife and then only demo cutting up one small piece. Bring your cake pieces in a medium SA bowl or round SA bowl!

You only need ½ to 2/3 of the cake for the trifle. Let your kids eat the rest!!

Originally Posted by chefmelody
That was me! Here's what I used:

1 box lemon cake mix
1 4-serving-size box instant vanilla pudding (lemon would probably work too, stronger flavor!)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup water

Mix with a hand mixer for 30 sec. on low, then 2 min. on medium. Spray large bar pan with Baker's Joy. Pour in batter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Slice with serrated bread knife.

Here's the original post:
Trifle! :) - Pampered Chef

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

1 box brownie mix (dark chocolate, fudge or chocolate)

2 small bozes instant pudding mix (chocolate fudge or chocolate)

1 cup peanut butter

16 oz. Cool Whip

8 peanut butter cups

Make brownies according to box instructions, cool
Melt peanut butter in Micro Cooker, stir in pudding mix and milk (3 cups rather than 4 for a thicker result).

In Trifle Bowl, layer 1/2 brownies, 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then 1/2 of the Cool Whip - repeat. Chop up peanut butter cups and place on top. Enjoy!

Some notes:
I use dark chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge pudding. Surprisingly with the cool whip and peanut butter it keeps all that chocolate from being rich.

For demos, the peanut butter gives a good demo of the measure-all cup and micro cooker.

You'll notice that when you add the pudding then the cold milk, as your stirring, it will get chunky...that is just the cold milk cooling the peanut butter. It makes it like a peanut butter cup inside...

You can also decorate the top with the EAD if you want to take the time, but chopped up peanut butter cups make it look great.

(Someday I need to take a picture of it...!!!) Yum!
...all set for NC and HO tour!...
JanetUpNorth from Chef Success Board

Pumpkin Roll Trifle
Mom Frisbie's Orig. Recipe tweaked using Darlene's filling recipe.

For Cake:
3 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar

Beat for 5 Minutes (Be specific with time)

Add to above mixture:
2/3 Cup Pumpkin
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 to ¼ tsp. Pumpkin Spice
¾ Cup Flour

Mix Well.
Grease and line a Jelly Roll Pan with Waxed Paper, or parchment paper.* I just put into my Stoneware Lg. Bar Pan, very seasoned, so I don't have to worry about it, if it wasn't I'd use some Pan-Eze before putting in cake.

Spread cake evenly in pan and Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

Let cake cool on cooling rack and loosen around edges.
Using Bread Knife (Serrated) we then cut it into Cubes.

Make Filling:
1 Cup Sugar
8 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
3 Cups Cool Whip – 8 Oz. Cool Whip

Take Cream Cheese and soften in Microwave in Classic Batter Bowl. Add other ingredients and mix together. Can be made ahead and chilled.

To assemble Trifle:
Take 1/3 of cake cubes and put into Trifle bowl.
Spread 1/3 of filling onto cake; drizzle with Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Sprinkle with Chopped Pecans (opt) - I left on side in Prep Bowl in case of allergies
and repeat until finished and top with Caramel topping.
You can also sprinkle with Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles and/or Sweet Caramel Sprinkles.

It was so YUMMY!! We didn't have a huge turn out and she made 2 things ahead and we made a Bacon Ranch Ring (From Simple & Delicious, another yummo!) so there was allot to choose from and Trifle was GONE!!

Enjoy,

Lisa

This is rest of original recipe in case anyone wants it:

While cake is baking on counter top or cooling rack, place a tea towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
When you remove cake from oven, turn upside down on tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar, Remove Pan and Waxed paper and roll and let cool, approx. 2 hours.

Filling:
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
4 TBLS. butter/margarine
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1½ tsps. vanilla
Mix Well
Spread onto cooled cake, unroll, spread crm cheese mixture, re-roll and keep cool, can sprinkle with powdered sugar again to "look nice!
PA
/chefbear

Or...the new SB has a Tiramisu Trifle that looks really yummy!

Tiramisu Trifle IS really yummy!!!! VERY VERY good!!!!

pampered.chris said:
Tiramisu Trifle IS really yummy!!!! VERY VERY good!!!!

That is on my list to "test"! I just need to test it when I know I can give the majority of it away, or else *I* will eat it all!

Thank you!

Related to Surprise Dessert for Next Friday? Ideas Without a Cake Pan?

What are some ideas for a surprise dessert for next Friday that don't require a cake pan?

1. Fruit Tart - Use a pre-made pie crust or make your own with a mixture of flour, butter, and sugar. Fill with a creamy custard and top with fresh fruits like berries or sliced peaches.

2. Ice Cream Sandwiches - Use store-bought cookies or make your own and sandwich your favorite ice cream flavor in between.

3. No-Bake Cheesecake - Whip up a creamy cheesecake filling and pour it into a pre-made graham cracker crust. Top with fresh fruit or chocolate chips.

4. Brownie Trifle - Layer crumbled brownies, whipped cream, and your choice of toppings like chocolate chips, caramel sauce, or chopped nuts in a trifle dish for an impressive and easy dessert.

5. Individual Parfaits - Layer your choice of pudding, whipped cream, and crushed cookies or fruit in individual cups or glasses for a simple and customizable dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sburnside
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg