• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Half-Sized Dump Cake Recipe: Baking in a Loaf Pan

In summary, you can absolutely cut a dump cake recipe in half and bake it in a stoneware loaf pan. Just remember to adjust the ingredients, use a smaller pan, reduce the baking time, and let it cool before serving. Happy baking!
cactus_flower
Has anyone ever cut a dump cake recipe in half and baked it in the stoneware loaf pan? I have a show with some ladies who live alone and probably won't want an entire cake in the house tempting them. Any tips are appreciated!

I've never done it but I would love a recipe if someone has. My microwave (and most of my hosts for that matter) is not big enough for the DCB so no dump cake for me.

Yes, I have cut a dump cake recipe in half and baked it in a stoneware loaf pan before. It turned out just as delicious and was the perfect size for my small household. Here are some tips that I found helpful:1. Adjust the ingredients accordingly: When cutting the recipe in half, make sure to adjust all the ingredients accordingly. For example, if the original recipe calls for 2 cups of flour, you will only need 1 cup for the half recipe.2. Use a smaller pan: Instead of using a regular 9x13 inch pan, I used a stoneware loaf pan which was the perfect size for the half recipe. If you don't have a stoneware loaf pan, you can use a 6 or 7 inch square baking pan.3. Reduce the baking time: Since the cake will be smaller, it will require less time to bake. I reduced the baking time by about 10-15 minutes and checked on the cake regularly to make sure it wasn't overbaked.4. Don't skimp on the toppings: Even though the cake will be smaller, don't skimp on the toppings. The delicious crumble on top is what makes a dump cake so tasty, so make sure to use the same amount of toppings as the full recipe calls for.5. Let it cool before serving: Just like with any other cake, make sure to let it cool completely before serving. This will help the cake set and make it easier to slice.I hope these tips help and good luck with your show! I'm sure the ladies will appreciate the smaller portion size.

1. What is a dump cake in a loaf pan?

A dump cake in a loaf pan is a simple and delicious dessert that is made by layering ingredients in a loaf pan and baking it. It is called a "dump" cake because the ingredients are literally dumped into the pan without any mixing or prepping.

2. What ingredients do I need for a dump cake in a loaf pan?

The ingredients for a dump cake in a loaf pan typically include a cake mix, canned fruit, butter, and any desired toppings such as nuts or chocolate chips. You can also add spices like cinnamon or vanilla extract for added flavor.

3. How do I make a dump cake in a loaf pan?

To make a dump cake in a loaf pan, start by preheating your oven to the temperature specified on your cake mix box. Then, layer your ingredients in the following order: fruit, cake mix, melted butter, and any desired toppings. Bake for the recommended time on the cake mix box, and let it cool before serving.

4. Can I use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit?

Yes, you can use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit in a dump cake in a loaf pan. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different. Make sure to chop the fresh fruit into small pieces and adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. What are some variations of dump cake in a loaf pan?

There are many variations of dump cake in a loaf pan, depending on your preferences. Some popular variations include using different cake mixes, adding layers of cream cheese or pudding, and using different types of fruit or toppings. You can also experiment with different spices and extracts to create unique flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PCAnna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • etteluap70PC